Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That Twitter thread is just a deflection. There was the MN thread the other day where people were posting about her not paying taxes, other Twitter accounts are getting more vocal in their criticism of her, and of course there are the Tattle threads where every single bullshit claim sheā€™s come out with has been debunked several times over with receipts.

I donā€™t believe a word of it, but I think sheā€™s thinking that if she mentions suicide everyone will back off. I also predict that tomorrow there will be multiple posts about the imaginary OH and a face tuned to duck selfie where sheā€™s wearing bright colours because sheā€™ll be on a high from all the likes.

I dislike her, for all the reasons everyoneā€™s already said about that thread. Sheā€™s a manipulative, disgusting prick and all anyone needs to know is DOESNā€™T PAY HER TAXES

• Heart
Reactions: 85
For anyone tempted to believe her new version of how she spent the 24 hours after Hunger Hurts -

Imagine being passed out in the bathtub and able to blog a job ad at the same time:

Screenshot_20220421-192702_Chrome.jpg

(The cooking teacher was not for Jack, sadly. She went through a phase of blogging ads for volunteering roles.)

Also note that HH had received 6 comments at the time this archive was taken (Oct 2012). So no, its immediate viral impact did not save Jack's life.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
Tomorrow is world grift day or whatever she was working on with twitter? Has she posted any more tips yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
For anyone tempted to believe her new version of how she spent the 24 hours after Hunger Hurts -

Imagine being passed out in the bathtub and able to blog a job ad at the same time:

View attachment 1210891

(The cooking teacher was not for Jack, sadly. She went through a phase of blogging ads for volunteering roles.)

Also note that HH had received 6 comments at the time this archive was taken (Oct 2012). So no, its immediate viral impact did not save Jack's life.
Also why apply for 14 jobs that day ifā€¦ she planned toā€¦?

• Heart
Reactions: 41
You berated and mocked someone for saying pasta was cheap now you are claiming that a quid can feed 4 people? It canā€™t be both.

As in itā€™s ok for you to say people can eat cheaply for less than a pound but not Tories?

If I had a fiver left I would buy super six veg. Noodles. Pasta. Or I would stalk the yellow sticker reductions. One thing I would NOT do is email Jack Monroe.

Ps Iā€™m not a Tory. But why is it ok for HER to say people can spend their last quid making a meal for 4 but other people canā€™t suggest poor people buy pasta?

To get through the night?

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
It really upsets me when she writes threads like those. My heart wants to believe her (and I get angry on her son's behalf) while my head tells me that she's making it sound worse than it actually was (which then I feel guilty about thinking). It's so manipulative.
Yes. Me too. Even though I know it's manipulation I still feel awful because I've been through certain things that mean I know how it feels to be in a certain place and I will always feel sympathy for that, before I have time to question the truth of it.

So I'm a frau with a long history of mental illness, and I have a small daughter. I'm open about my mental health but I don't think I would ever openly put online that I was going to unalive myself while my child was a toddler and I'm apparently only still here because of... She didn't give a reason did she? Surely she would have drowned had she fallen asleep in the water? What pills did she take? How many? Urgh, anyway...

There are ways to be open with your mental health, and there are things to keep private to protect your son. This was one of them.
Hard agree. Like lots of us I have a history (and present tbh) of spotty mental health, self harm, therapy and some fun diagnoses. It's only my relative anonymity here that means I'm prepared to discuss it, as I don't ever want my daughter to know how bad things got at points because she was part of my life then. Probably the reason I'm still here is that there was just enough left of me when things were bad that thought I knew how bad it would be for my daughter if I wasn't.

I no longer think, I now know, how bad it would have been, because her dad died last year (not suicide, but tbh not far off, just a slow version involving alcohol). We weren't together any more and he was a very non-resident parent, she rarely saw him, but it was utterly devastating for her. I don't have the words for the pain she's been through as a kid losing a parent or really the emotional strength to explain how heartbreaking it has been for all of us who love her (and his other kids, though they are technically grown up now). It's been a lot, though, and Jack, if you grunk and look under this spoiler, then please stop using topics like this to deflect, and please stop writing things about suicide and parental death where your son can read them (and you've said he does read your Twitter). I've been through a lot of hard things, a lot of them on my own, and this one, even with plenty of support, has been the hardest. My ex left a trail of destruction through his childrens' lives with his way of life (always focused on him and his needs and his problems and his worse than everyone else's life) and his horrible death. Think on, please. Grow up. It's not all about you anymore.

Sorry everyone. That was a lot. I'm a bit triggered (which is on me for reading things I shouldn't, I know) I'm probably going to sit in the garden for a bit now.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
Did it all fall out Jack? From the memory bank?

Ah, memories. Fancy a lecture on how they can be reconstructed?

šŸ„±
6D8B2D96-9F95-4C52-8F63-5A87A494EECD.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
Feck me, sheā€™s channelling Winston Churchill, talk about grandstanding and word salad, absolutely pitiful attention grabbing, soap dodging, smart price botherer. I just wish sheā€™d get some emotional maturity and realise after a rant like that you canā€™t go spend time and be emotionally available for your son. But of course heā€™s not there is he, which is part of the reason she rants. Shame on her for using him as a prop and shame on his Dad if he allows this narcissist unsupervised time alone with her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42
Fgs she's gone back to the war years, alright Dickens tell us more?!
I was listening in my sick bed earlier, whilst my kids where in school to a crime podcast where a girl who always had to be the centre of attention did things purely for attention this included things like attempting to take their life and hurting themselves. Even in the interview room they cried everytime the interviewers left because they stopped giving her attention. It's awful to say it but I think this is it boils down to, no one ever pays her the attention she NEEDS!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

View attachment 1210891

When did it go viral?

Reactions: 10
I would say if youā€™d worked in a call centre itā€™s quite easy to get another job in one. They have a high turnover of staff.
I canā€™t believe she applied for that many jobs and didnā€™t get anything. According to her sheā€™s previously worked in bars, supermarkets, she cleaned in grandads b&bs etc. usually the biggest hurdle to employment is zero experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Without the sauce they will burn on the hob. Why is she like this?
It's pure food snobbery, same thing with the baked beans.
She obviously thinks that eating tinned spaghetti and baked beans is beneath her, unless she rinses the sauce off and turns it into an ingredient in one of her recipes.
If she actually knew anything about real poverty she would realise that beans or spaghetti on toast are staple meals for many people. No need to duck about with them, they're fine as they are (unless if you have a bit of grated cheese or a fried egg to bung on the top, which makes them even better).

Reactions: 48
On her likes is a comment by someone with an EU flag stating how theyā€™d DEFINITELY vote for her if she ran for office šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I dunno if Iā€™m delirious with covid or just finding that the jokes write theirselves with her and her ā€˜fansā€™

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.