Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same.

The story has elements that ring distant bells. As though she has picked them up from a film or a Guardian OpEd about something. But then the guilt sets in…
I think it’s a mix of les Miserables and I, Daniel Blake.

It enrages me too. I feel like she just wheeled this out as she have started to suspect that she was a replying to a thread that was subtweeting her (the hate it when middle class people tell poor people how to budget… some squigs had mentioned people who miss out cleaning products and shampoo in their prefomative budget shops)

Her thread was trying to assert herself as a “true poor” and not a poverty tourist (which she is). Truly offensive but also too much, she over egged the urchin imagery and it stretched credibility.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
What would Jack even say to a single dad who's got 2 tins of spaghetti hoops in his cupboard? 'Oh, you should head down to the shops to buy some chick peas and garlic to make my world famous rinsed hoop pasta e ceci for a little taste of Italy, mate'.

Incidentally, would you look at this 'recipe' from Good Food for Bad Days. Like, this is an actual recipe in an actual recipe book. It's beyond a joke.

View attachment 1210853
Without the sauce they will burn on the hob. Why is she like this?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Hello hello, new Frau here

I’ve been reading the threads (admittedly not all) for the past few days but just wanted to ask peoples highlights so I can go back and read. I’ve already read #31 as I saw it suggested to another newbie. Tysm

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
As if some desperate dad emails her at 2am asking what to do with a fiver and two cans of spaghetti hoops

**** off you knob. And stop using other people’s stories to stay relevant and grift. Even if you’ve made them up.

I don’t feel sorry for her at all. I feel sorry for her son and his dad. She’s a manipulative cow.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Just for anyone who’s making their way over here on the back of Jack’s latest poor fishing post:

it’s been 10 years since Jack was poor
She was on benefits for 18 months, tops
She resigned from her call centre job
She visited a food bank ONCE
she has a supportive family who are not short of money
She has written that her son’s dad is supportive and always has been
She rents a massive house, and there is no reason that she would be tied into a year long contract unless she decided to be, after her last partner moved out
Since Lock down 1 she has worked with Del Monte, Hellmans, Linda McCartney, Netflix, Daily Express, GQ, Daily Kitchen Live, This Morning, Twitter (probably more I’ve forgotten).
She currently has a slot on Lorraine.
Her Patreon gives her approx £2.5k a month minimum, and she hasn’t updated it in well over a year.
She is not poor.
the Vimes Boots Index does not exist
SHE HASN'T PAID HER TAXES FOR THREE YEARS.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 136
Oh for God sake she is such a performer, if she put as much effort into her cooking as she does spouting bollocks, she would be best cook ever.

She was down on her luck for about a year. Crikey some people are down on their luck most of not all their lives a deal with it better.

It screams I was a spoiled little Rich girl daddy took the credit cards away.

Reactions: 53
Going rogue and off topic to provide a public health warning - in the spirit of Pringles and growlers

📢 DO NOT GOOGLE MR TUMBLE CAR EXHAUST 📢
MY EYES!!!!!
Oh dear God what have I just seen?!!!

TBF Lenny you did say not to Google, but if someone writes that I have a compulsion to Google.
See also Harvey Weinstein gangrene, Lorraine Kelly growler Danielle Lloyd pringle and Vonny Irn Bru.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
What would Jack even say to a single dad who's got 2 tins of spaghetti hoops in his cupboard? 'Oh, you should head down to the shops to buy some chick peas and garlic to make my world famous rinsed hoop pasta e ceci for a little taste of Italy, mate'.

Incidentally, would you look at this 'recipe' from Good Food for Bad Days. Like, this is an actual recipe in an actual recipe book. It's beyond a joke.

View attachment 1210853
Right folks, own up. Who has repeated this as desired?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Just for anyone who’s making their way over here on the back of Jack’s latest poor fishing post:

it’s been 10 years since Jack was poor
She was on benefits for 18 months, tops
She resigned from her call centre job
She visited a food bank ONCE
she has a supportive family who are not short of money
She has written that her son’s dad is supportive and always has been
She rents a massive house, and there is no reason that she would be tied into a year long contract unless she decided to be, after her last partner moved out
Since Lock down 1 she has worked with Del Monte, Hellmans, Linda McCartney, Netflix, Twitter, Daily Express, Daily Kitchen Live, This Morning, Twitter (probably more I’ve forgotten).
She currently has a slot on Lorraine.
Her Patreon gives her approx £2.5k a month minimum, and she hasn’t updated it in well over a year.
She is not poor.
the Vimes Boots Index does not exist
SHE HASN'T PAID HER TAX FOR THREE YEARS.
This should be posted at the start of each thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 63
When she does threads like this all I can think is she honestly reeks of her own self importance. Absolutely full of herself.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
I was just listening the Sweeney Todd soundtrack (I’m a homosexual so it’s allowed/mandatory) and I can’t help singing “The Worst Pies in Soooooutheeeend” while I cook my tea.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I reported the tweets and got a response with the number for the Samaritans. Twitter needs to step up, working with her and she’s writing this shite all over it in twelvety tweets.

Vonny Irn Bru traumatized me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
UGH SHE IS THE WORST. THE ABSOLUTE WORST EVER.

Vile gobbling squealer. She does not give one tiny tit about anyone except herself and how best to promote said self.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She seems to be unaware of the fact there are actual poor people who vote Tory. Who is going to pay for UBI when she doesn’t pay her taxes?

1650562117467.png

Chumocracy right here:

1650562252649.png

79C9CE2F-5EAB-4007-8BE8-AE15D1635605.png

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Oh too many to mention 😜. I did used to be a nurse though but was out of the work place for a 9 years to look after the junior elastoblasts. I did pick up on an accidental overdose at Christmas, someone had taken two types of paracetamol tablets for back pain, and the other week I had to alert a nurse as I realised someone who'd called in for dental pain was actually having a sickle cell crisis. Obviously that makes me head of the NHS!
All joking aside, sounds as though the health service is lucky to have you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.