Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot 2022-04-21 18.34.29.png

These people are insane. How is running a lucrative begging scam and publishing pictures of slop helping anyone? What is it they're seeing?

Screenshot 2022-04-21 18.38.05.png

This squig works either in a paid or voluntary capacity in a community supermarket. They do more than Jack, yet they find her inspiring. Is it drugs? What the hell is going on?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
I would say if you’d worked in a call centre it’s quite easy to get another job in one. They have a high turnover of staff.
I can’t believe she applied for that many jobs and didn’t get anything. According to her she’s previously worked in bars, supermarkets, she cleaned in grandads b&bs etc. usually the biggest hurdle to employment is zero experience.
Yes, and particularly as a fire service one would have been viewed as a good one for experience so she could have easily got into one. However people don’t realise if you haven’t done it you can’t really take the piss in call centres. You have to take set breaks and log in on time and meet objectives consistently every day or it is very easily picked up by the computer systems..

• Heart
Reactions: 35
View attachment 1210936

These people are insane. How is running a lucrative begging scam and publishing pictures of slop helping anyone? What is it they're seeing?

View attachment 1210940

This squig works either in a paid or voluntary capacity in a community supermarket. They do more than Jack, yet they find her inspiring. Is it drugs? What the hell is going on?
Definitely drugs.
I've always said they are all on drugs.
All of them are on all of the drugs.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I love Trifle Defender. She reminds me that it's not just us. I cannot fathom why no one (other than us) calls her out on the awful triggering, irresponsible stuff she posts.

Screenshot 2022-04-21 18.48.15.png

Screenshot 2022-04-21 18.48.27.png

• Heart
Reactions: 141
“The Florence Nightingale of our time.” bleeping duck me.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
I every so often stop and think what it is that Jack wants? How will she know when her work is complete?

All she seems to do is talk about herself but poorly disguise it as trying to help the poor, and overthrowing the Tories. So when Labour get into power will Jack disappear? Or will she be raging when they don’t print more money or make every item of food 20p?
It just feels like this will be never ending for everyone. She is never going to be happy, being a black hole of everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Yes. Me too. Even though I know it's manipulation I still feel awful because I've been through certain things that mean I know how it feels to be in a certain place and I will always feel sympathy for that, before I have time to question the truth of it.

Hard agree. Like lots of us I have a history (and present tbh) of spotty mental health, self harm, therapy and some fun diagnoses. It's only my relative anonymity here that means I'm prepared to discuss it, as I don't ever want my daughter to know how bad things got at points because she was part of my life then. Probably the reason I'm still here is that there was just enough left of me when things were bad that thought I knew how bad it would be for my daughter if I wasn't.

I no longer think, I now know, how bad it would have been, because her dad died last year (not suicide, but tbh not far off, just a slow version involving alcohol). We weren't together any more and he was a very non-resident parent, she rarely saw him, but it was utterly devastating for her. I don't have the words for the pain she's been through as a kid losing a parent or really the emotional strength to explain how heartbreaking it has been for all of us who love her (and his other kids, though they are technically grown up now). It's been a lot, though, and Jack, if you grunk and look under this spoiler, then please stop using topics like this to deflect, and please stop writing things about suicide and parental death where your son can read them (and you've said he does read your Twitter). I've been through a lot of hard things, a lot of them on my own, and this one, even with plenty of support, has been the hardest. My ex left a trail of destruction through his childrens' lives with his way of life (always focused on him and his needs and his problems and his worse than everyone else's life) and his horrible death. Think on, please. Grow up. It's not all about you anymore.

Sorry everyone. That was a lot. I'm a bit triggered (which is on me for reading things I shouldn't, I know) I'm probably going to sit in the garden for a bit now.
Please be kind to yourself. You sound like a loving and caring mum and no wonder Jack's nonsense is triggering for you. Sending you a gentle virtual hug

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I every so often stop and think what it is that Jack wants? How will she know when her work is complete?

All she seems to do is talk about herself but poorly disguise it as trying to help the poor, and overthrowing the Tories. So when Labour get into power will Jack disappear? Or will she be raging when they don’t print more money or make every item of food 20p?
It just feels like this will be never ending for everyone. She is never going to be happy, being a black hole of everything.
Within about 10 minutes of Labour getting elected and refusing to reverse Tory benefit cuts, Jack will mither on about being betrayed like no one saw it coming about ten miles off. Her middle class fans will begin to drift off as they no longer need to use her as a stick to beat the Tories with. They have voted Labour- their consciences are clear. At this point she'll probably latch on to the far left and replace her Metro fanny pad with a Morning Star one.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
the squigs are mad, jack's mad, it's just a codependency of madness at this point

20220421_185735.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.