Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fictional Cabal Jack is so much funnier than real Jack
I think we all needed some chuckles, last night was vile and we need to bury it, like Jack does but 344% funnier, with some comedy using Jacks “lived experiences”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Constituent: Hi Jack. I hope you don’t mind me reaching out through your website but I’m at my wits end. My benefits have been stopped through no fault of my own and I haven’t had the heating on or eaten in days. Please help.
Jack: 404 error page not found

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Constituent: the traffic is a nightmare in shoeburyness since you came into office 😡 why have you removed all the roundabouts?
Jack: I had thousands of DMS from political prisoners. Not EVERYONE can do EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME. Leave me alone I’m exhausted you evil Tory!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I am not on Twitter so not sure how you report posts like Jacksie's abuse to that poor squig. Surely, as a "public figure" and now in a paid collab with them she has a responsibility to ensure she tweets respectfully and appropriately? Or am I in LaLa land trying to think she should face up to what she bought down on that squiq's head? Like other posters I really hope he is alright.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
It's pure food snobbery, same thing with the baked beans.
She obviously thinks that eating tinned spaghetti and baked beans is beneath her, unless she rinses the sauce off and turns it into an ingredient in one of her recipes.
If she actually knew anything about real poverty she would realise that beans or spaghetti on toast are staple meals for many people. No need to duck about with them, they're fine as they are (unless if you have a bit of grated cheese or a fried egg to bung on the top, which makes them even better).
im young middle class - not much spare cash but not in poverty- and I love spaghetti on toast as a comfort food after a tit or late day at work.Bit of cheese and Hendos it’s amazing

Reactions: 38
im young middle class - not much spare cash but not in poverty- and I love spaghetti on toast as a comfort food after a tit or late day at work.Bit of cheese and Hendos it’s amazing
Eggy bread and some spaghetti hoops takes me back to girl guide camp and it's what I eat if I'm in need of a little boost and cooking for one.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Jack’s boss in Parliament (Kier??? BoJo??): Look jack, we’ve been getting lots of complaints that you are not doing any work, and the standard for that is pretty low here
Jack: I’ve been tweeting my red hot fury until 4am every day for the last ten years
Boss: Yes, but that’s not really the job and it’s not solving anything
Jack: what you saying? Is this because I’m wearing traaaaaaaaaazers?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I'm curious to know why Jack was so critical of Corbyn? What reasons did she give?
He was gonna raise the taxes that she doesn't pay
Her mum responded to the blog post asking if she’ll be invited along as the plus one. So there’s another lie right there that she hadn’t spoken to anyone in eons.
So her parents read her blog... but didn't know about The Poverty™️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I am loving these! The best part is these are almost all things she’s actually said or done 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 41
So her parents read her blog... but didn't know about The Poverty™️

It was a character. She was never in poverty, but was being the budget Bridget Jones. (See also another one of her blog characters; Sarah (iirc) in the high rise).

I also think her dad has been pulling some strings since day dot of bootstrap.

• Wow
Reactions: 47
Today is world earth day, and we are almost half way through it in the UK. No sign of Twitter's favourite collaborator mentioning no waste. It's a relief, as I have a mild hangover but not exactly value for them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
constituent: my landlord's withholding my deposit, what can i do?
jack: count yourself lucky! i can't get out of this 25 year rolling contract with my landlady!
constituent: but-
jack: who spies on me!
constituent: surely it's-
jack: and won't let harold come over!

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Today is world earth day, and we are almost half way through it in the UK. No sign of Twitter's favourite collaborator mentioning no waste. It's a relief, as I have a mild hangover but not exactly value for them.
Babe, same. I'm hanging out my arse today and the last thing I need is Jack telling me to make porridge out of soil or some other shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I reported the suicide description tweet as ‘offensive and harmful’. The way that she reels off those words without including trigger warnings shows that she is an attention seeking narcissist. I wish I had reported the r*pe descriptions too. She is full of tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Babe, same. I'm hanging out my arse today and the last thing I need is Jack telling me to make porridge out of soil or some other shite.
Twitter is her LITERAL job, though?

How can she not be doing anything? How will the squigs cope? Who will suggest Mac n Cheese to them now?!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I am a bit curious how she has gained 3k followers overnight. Do you think they heard about the chaos or….?

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.