Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not one fan asking if Jack's on TV this morning. Same level of interest as Jack LFC for lyf pal Monroe watching the United match highlights, rather than the actual game live.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Our local MP is an idiot. They grandstand in the HoC having a go at Bojo and the rest on TV but trying to get them to do anything useful and supportive for their constituents. Pah. (Personal experience talking). Jacksie would Complete It Mate.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Well looks like sloppy savers isn't on again so back to work I go.
Not only is it not on, it's not been mentioned. Not even by Jack, which is a very strange thing considering this has been 7 years in the planning. Seriously though, if I was going to be on telly I wouldn't shut up about it, especially if it was a paid gig that could lead to more work.
I don't watch Lorraine, can a frau who does watch it let me know if the other two 'savers' have had a slot? Or has Jack buggered it up for all of them?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Couldn’t read that ridiculous triggery thread in its entirety, she had me at “my food writing was an accident”, no tit Jack, it’s a multi-vehicle pile up.

What I want to ask about is this “just about breaking even” comment. What exactly is she balancing? What are her “business” overheads which swallow up so much of her incomings? You know, like businesses that sell products or services have to balance what they charge against their overheads/costs like stock, warehouse/shop, staff in order to understand their margins and determine how they break even/make a profit/loss.

So, unlike any other business, Jack gets £2.5k each month for nothing, she provides nothing for this money, she doesn’t have to pay for a website, update it or provide any products/services so zero overheads, therefore 💯 profit. She writes and sells books, she is given an advance which should cover any associated costs like (humour me) food testing, research, moleskin journals. She doesn’t have to pay for any associated publishing costs, advertising, doesn’t have a shop, doesn’t have staff, so any £ she gets from her books are earnings. She sells her services 😬 of (media work), she writes articles, goes on TV/radio, partners with big companies, speaks on panels/festivals, again what overheads do these things require? As a freelancer, surely, she would factor any expenses into her fee, if she doesn’t then that’s her own stupidity, cos ya know if a business didn’t charge enough and their overheads were excessive then they’d go bust.

It’s quite clear that she convolutes general living costs (e.g. household costs like rent, energy etc), with business costs and whilst, as a business that is run from your home, you can claim a percent of your household costs, you can’t push 💯 of your household costs through your business. PLUS she doesn’t PAY TAX, so she can’t even throw that into the mix like any normal business. With her big gigs and patron she easily earns a minimum of £5k a month over a 12 month period after “expenses”. So htf can she say she “breaks even”? £5k is your wages that you use to pay for your living costs you twit.
Sorry started to write this last night and probably makes no sense because I wrote it with “burning fury” after that thread and squig pile on.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Grunking but just wanted to say that people with ADHD often suffer from imposter syndrome and very low esteem and wouldn’t say or believe they had done something wonderful even if the world was aware they have. Showing off is a misnomer to us.

Just wanted to share… back to my grunk

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Constituent : I didn't vote for you, I'm a Conservative, but I can help. I made this nice meal really cheaply.
Jack sends half a million people to harass the constituent at her home.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Snappish and this is fun.

Constituent : I'm struggling to buy clothes to keep my children warm.
Jack : I've got a new hat.
Constituent : What are you doing for under-represented groups?
Jack : I was once the UK‘s 19th most important lesbian!

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Our local MP is an idiot. They grandstand in the HoC having a go at Bojo and the rest on TV but trying to get them to do anything useful and supportive for their constituents. Pah. (Personal experience talking). Jacksie would Complete It Mate.
Oh a lot of MPs are indeed idiots, but they have one thing Jack doesn't: a thick skin.

Reactions: 36
Constituent : I didn't vote for you, I'm a Conservative, but I can help. I made this nice meal really cheaply.
Jack sends half a million people to harass the constituent at her home.
We all know she’d run for the Tories if they stood the best chance of winning.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I like this game
Constituent: I’m a war veteran and had both my legs blown off by an IED in Afghanistan, I’m struggling to access the local library.
Jack: I’m military round the edges and have severe arthritis, I’m an author, writer, journalist here’s a link to Amazon.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Sitting through Lorraine the second time this week … no slop squad again!

Thus must be why she suddenly wants to be an MP (7 days in the making) and the recipes were always secondary.

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.