Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm very very behind on the threads but wanted to ask if anyone thinks this post might come from a fellow Tattler šŸ¤”

Reactions: 7
It enrages me that she claims her tit recipes, most of which seem to include cheeeeese, cheeese, and BUTTER!!! and fat slices of bacon, spam or stewed steak are helping the vegan movement. Shut the duck up! Sit the duck down!

I know I keep going on about this (much like Jack keeps going on about salad bag pesto), but veganism is a principled philosophy. You don't have to agree with it, but don't claim to be on board when you are obviously not. Where do you think your cheap sausages come from? Here's a clue, they don't go on trees. And I can't bear thinking about how those pigs, who are intelligent creatures are treated. That's not 'not entirely prefect'. That's you, who has looked into this issue, seemingly bought into it, deciding you don't actually care. But still wanting a pat on the back because you publish a vegan curry recipe. duck off!

My mother in-law who doesn't give a tit about veganism drinks her coffee black and eats a banana for breakfast. Let me ring up the vegan society to see if they can send her an award.
I love pigs. Thatā€™s why I donā€™t eat them. However. I respect peopleā€™s choices to eat what they want.

But. Donā€™t promote yourself as a born again vegan and then stop being vegan and blame it on the ADHD

And donā€™t put ish at the end of your book either.

As for her comments that she let a lot of people down by going back to eating meat. She didnā€™t have to tell the world that she was vegan in the first place. I personally donā€™t give a duck what she eats. I control what I eat and thatā€™s it

What I canā€™t stand is her acting like she invented veganism. For likes shares and of course cash.

Reactions: 17
I'm very very behind on the threads but wanted to ask if anyone thinks this post might come from a fellow Tattler šŸ¤”
Quite possibly. Had a quick look on her insta - seems she hangs out with scouse Rachel of sali Hughes fame. Another one who may have come over for a look after freaky Friday...
Hi Sophie if so šŸ‘‹šŸ»

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I had southern fried goujons in rolls with lettuce and mayo. Made two and only took a few bites of the second, too filling! (OT: I just recently went on the mini pill which is new to me and wonder if itā€™s affecting my appetite as I canā€™t seem to eat as much as I used to without feeling totally stuffed.)

• Heart
I saw the supernoodles question. I donā€™t eat super noodles anymore but when I did the beef flavoured ones were by far the nicest in my opinion.

The one question that could top that one is what could I do with a pot noodle.

Could I stir fry it, add some broccoli and a pinch of chilli flakes?

Yes, absolutely

What is the weird obsession with mushroom and anchovy?
I think, and this is very much speculation, that she thinks it makes her seem more sophisticated. I have a friend who I love but who is always rabbiting on about artichokes and anchovies and endive - and Iā€™m 99% certain itā€™s because she thinks the bitter/salty etc tastes make her more refined and a ā€œcool girlā€ (Gone Girl reference there)

It could also be because sheā€™s lazy, useless and incompetent...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The comments that the banana and anchovy pizza is getting are fantastic.

My culinary dilemmas I would love to ask her:

"Hi Jack, I've been wanting to make your peach and chickpea curry but can't find any peaches! Could I use wine gums for the same sweet effect?"

"Hi Jack, a recipe suggests adding Chinese five spice to my stir fry but I'm concerned about cultural appropriation. Do you think it would be okay?"

"Hi Jack, my local stable has taken out a restraining order against me just for making your delicious lasagne recipe! Will a traditional bechamel work?"

"Hi Jack, I have a bag of flour. Any ideas?"
Hi Jack

My fridge contains the last dregs of an out of date bottle of soy sauce, half a carton of apple juice, a walnut and chilli crumb I didnā€™t use on some pasta, and some kinder chocolate. My cupboard has 76 teabags and a pot of nutritional yeast. Any ideas for a satisfying nutritionally balanced meal please?

Thanks
Love Old Mother Hubbard x

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Hi Jack

My fridge contains the last dregs of an out of date bottle of soy sauce, half a carton of apple juice, a walnut and chilli crumb I didnā€™t use on some pasta, and some kinder chocolate. My cupboard has 76 teabags and a pot of nutritional yeast. Any ideas for a satisfying nutritionally balanced meal please?

Thanks
Love Old Mother Hubbard x
tit are we meant to keep soy sauce in the fridge?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I had a sliced chicken (like the ham kind of chicken) mayo sandwich. I canā€™t be bothered with proper food at the moment, not even ramen nooodles!

OT (but kind also kind of a similar topic to the thread) but is anyone else so so sick of that bloody specsavers ad constantly droning on about how fabulous theyā€™ve been during lockdown. My son said thĆ© ad is longer than his last eye test!

• Haha
  • Heart
tit are we meant to keep soy sauce in the fridge?
Hahah look at the state of what is genuinely in my fridge and cupboard, Iā€™m hardly the person to ask. You need St Jack, patron saint of paupers for that sort of high level culinary expertise!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Right then, GrunkaLunka-ing after a day of work. Iā€™m at pg 32 , but itā€™s apparently gone up to pg 47 since 1pm!

Iā€™m nearly scared to ask whatā€™s happened ā€”should I flick to the end?!?!

Or is it 15 pages of school lunch recollections (not complaining, bringing back some happy memories)

Or have the very rational posts pointing out the sense in the FSM boxes deflected attention from her ā€œcrusadingā€, and so weā€™ve been treated to another, er, photo shoot?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.