Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's everyone having for dinner, please? I made a sort of amatriciana pasta sauce earlier, except with fresh cherry tomatoes (fancy, or they were going soft and wrinkly) but am struggling to get off the internet and my butt to go and cook the spaghetti to go with it.
I had the most amazing lunch, I’m so full that I’ve not had to make dinner. Flour tortilla, lettuce, some Quorn breaded things, refried beans, jalapeños, nacho cheese sauce, salsa and smashed avocado. YUM. Mostly left overs from some nachos I made the other day. Could eat refried beans all day, every day. I also had to eat it with a knife and fork as I couldn’t wrap the damn things.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What's everyone having for dinner, please? I made a sort of amatriciana pasta sauce earlier, except with fresh cherry tomatoes (fancy, or they were going soft and wrinkly) but am struggling to get off the internet and my butt to go and cook the spaghetti to go with it.
Ohhhhhh that’s what I want! I’m making beetroot dal with turmeric and cardamom rice, garlic yoghurt, toasted coconut and pickles. Don’t disown me hausfraus I swear I brought up beetroot dal on here before the words were ever uttered from Jack Monroe’s Alan partridge-esque mouth!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Can we all just take a step back and have a look at this tweet again.

Yet again she is blaming the fact she never follows through on anything (this time veganism) on ADHD. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m aware this is a trait of ADHD, but Jack hasn’t even been diagnosed with it. Or autism, or a lot of the other conditions she claims to have.

I don’t have ADHD, but if I did I would be livid at her laying the blame of her being unable to follow through on something she may or may not have. It’s disgusting. I can’t say any more on it as the swearing will start and I’m beyond furious at her attitude of ‘it’s not my fault, it’s ADHD’s fault I’m a useless twit
57C655E9-D8C5-4FC5-B413-312B456B1F67.jpeg

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Lettuce, lemon and pasta? Good start. What are the rest of the ingredients?... Oh. 😕
She's getting very close to mark Corrigan's Moroccan lasagna, that was mentioned way back in thread #1

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I made this and it was really fantastic. Also, the cooking style is about as opposite to Jack as one can get.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I had beef stroganoff with rhubarb crumble for pudding. The rhubarb was fresh from my dad's garden and now I'm happily stuffed.

For lunch I had a tuna sandwich (on white!) which is apparently the end of the world and I need a delivery of fresh fruit and veg stat according to Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Mushrooms pies / home fries / broccoli.

Just harking back to posts about sex dreams of exes on here ... going along the notion of that someone in your life that you just can’t forget for some unfathomable reason, you always think of them on their birthday, and you always wonder if they’re ok ...

What if Jack is The One for Allegra?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Yet again she is blaming the fact she never follows through on anything (this time veganism) on ADHD. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m aware this is a trait of ADHD, but Jack hasn’t even been diagnosed with it. Or autism, or a lot of the other conditions she claims to have.

I don’t have ADHD, but if I did I would be livid at her laying the blame of her being unable to follow through on something she may or may not have. It’s disgusting. I can’t say any more on it as the swearing will start and I’m beyond furious at her attitude of ‘it’s not my fault, it’s ADHD’s fault I’m a useless twitView attachment 157482
It enrages me that she claims her tit recipes, most of which seem to include cheeeeese, cheeese, and BUTTER!!! and fat slices of bacon, spam or stewed steak are helping the vegan movement. Shut the duck up! Sit the duck down!

I know I keep going on about this (much like Jack keeps going on about salad bag pesto), but veganism is a principled philosophy. You don't have to agree with it, but don't claim to be on board when you are obviously not. Where do you think your cheap sausages come from? Here's a clue, they don't go on trees. And I can't bear thinking about how those pigs, who are intelligent creatures are treated. That's not 'not entirely prefect'. That's you, who has looked into this issue, seemingly bought into it, deciding you don't actually care. But still wanting a pat on the back because you publish a vegan curry recipe. duck off!

My mother in-law who doesn't give a tit about veganism drinks her coffee black and eats a banana for breakfast. Let me ring up the vegan society to see if they can send her an award.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

I don’t have ADHD, but if I did I would be livid at her laying the blame of her being unable to follow through on something she may or may not have. It’s disgusting. I can’t say any more on it as the swearing will start and I’m beyond furious at her attitude of ‘it’s not my fault, it’s ADHD’s fault I’m a useless twitView attachment 157482
So disingenuous, she just coveted another label 🌱 And there wasn’t enough praise in it to from her numbskull followers (who don’t know how to use harissa or banana blossom) to continue with it.

The plant-based bloggers I follow blow her out the water so she probably got threatened by the fast-moving competition, not that she was ever in their league with her old hat flatulence recipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
For dinner we had sliced potatoes with slow cooked onions with soy and ginger. Me and my daughter had cod with some salt and chilli seasoning on top and my husband had chicken with a healthy sprinkling of aromat. Was done in about 25 mins and minimal washing up.
I am very interested in this potatoes with soy and ginger business. For some reason I have always had an objection to potato and soy together, but I am thinking this may be an ill-founded prejudice.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.