Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A new thread because the last one kept going offtopic and the vast majority of the conspiracies we know are not true from what we can see and the rest we don't have enough information to know either way.

Report any posts you have a concern with and let us deal with it.

Now back to the topic at hand :)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I reported Wiggy early on, I got a weird vibe.
Why don't I remember this guy?? 😂

I'm worried about the quality of food. We have good farming practices in the uk atm. I really don't want to buy chlorinated chicken. We try and eat local meat but sometimes it's unavoidable that you end up getting stuff from abroad. I once got a chicken pasta salad thing, it said made in the uk but closer inspection the chicken was Thai.
I can see me joining you on the beans and toast train until I figure it out. Although it's spaghetti hoops (not rinsed) in this house.
This and the impact to food supplies worries me greatly. I don't want to derail the thread too much (though actually, it may be getting it slightly back on track 🤔😂) but I think it's wise to prepare as best you can for this, in terms of a well stocked "pantry" if you like. We had already been doing this in preparation for the aftermath of Brexit, can't tell you how valuable that was to us when coronavirus hit and panic buying began.

Reactions: 16
I can’t remember who the OP was but someone mentioned they thought JM was addicted to a Twitter. It’s weird because if I’m bored I’m straight on Tattle or Facebook mostly and it does change the way you feel (not always in a good way). If I was in the public eye and had a big following, I would definitely have a Social Media Manager too or if I didn’t need it for work, I would probably come off it.
I don't think I would be able to mentally cope with being in the public eye with all the abuse that people get (and the amount that women get is a whole other level). It is possible to be a good person and do good things without chasing fame - but sadly I think Jack does far more fame-chasing than good deeds these days. I believe she started off with good intentions and I'm pleased she's going back to her blog but pretending to be poor whilst "yes, absolutely" raking it in feels like mocking the genuinely worst off in society.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I can’t remember who the OP was but someone mentioned they thought JM was addicted to a Twitter. It’s weird because if I’m bored I’m straight on Tattle or Facebook mostly and it does change the way you feel (not always in a good way). If I was in the public eye and had a big following, I would definitely have a Social Media Manager too or if I didn’t need it for work, I would probably come off it.
I lament the day I ever got twitter tbh but it’s best for news while my telly is off and our groaning computer has been repurposed for home schooling. Jack definitely veered towards instagram for a while, it’s more of an influencer (yuck) platform but it obv. works better for engagement for her, people find you as opposed to coming across you (😳) on twitter.

As has been said over and over, she should have a ‘brand/business’ twitter, and then she can be more wacky on her insta.

Josh Groban was someone I always really enjoyed on twitter but he ditched it, now I have no idea about any aspect of his life. We know way too much about everyone and everything all of the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We know way too much about everyone and everything all of the time.
Agreed. Imagine going into work everyday and talking as if you are posting on Twitter. Not just to your closest colleague in confidence but everyone in the whole organisation.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

This and the impact to food supplies worries me greatly. I don't want to derail the thread too much (though actually, it may be getting it slightly back on track 🤔😂) but I think it's wise to prepare as best you can for this, in terms of a well stocked "pantry" if you like. We had already been doing this in preparation for the aftermath of Brexit, can't tell you how valuable that was to us when coronavirus hit and panic buying began.
Please excuse the link to the Express....edited to add Jack is in the article.

Reactions: 2
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I often think she is the wrong job, she would be much better suited being a writer of cook books and perhaps occasionally showcasing them at like certain big events. The media as well all know are vile, social media is and can be vile. How many celebs that have burnout or died young have complained about how their bosses and fans always wanted more, sometimes more than they could give. It's certainly not an easy life and I think jack should tread very carefully before trying to do further into this world, as I have heard many celebs say fame chews you and spits out a shadow of your former self. Jack is already a wreck she needs to calm it down and really think it's this really for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I grunka’d through this thread and the last one this morning. I recommend it if you want an hour of reading, much better than any novel. I gasped, actually GASPED in the “opening chapter” that Superfan finally got her book. Then the whole thread mystery and people trying to uncover clues. The rants, the raves, the Apology (SPEECHLESS, I was, reading that!) Seriously, these threads should just be published as books themselves, there’s so much drama and twists and turns and Jack would be happy because she is the main character.

I know it’s early and many more happenings could occur that could influence things yet but I am excited of finally submitting a potential title for the next thread:

Can’t sleep, Must Tweet, Crazy hysteria
With several wafts of chickpea tinny-tasting ephemera

(Went to post this on the last thread but as I was writing it out the thread was closed so it may not make as much sense as I meant it to lol).

Also, hello everyone :)

Reactions: 39
Future looking (which I know is hard given Covid) Jack should be looking to Brexit and how her tin can angle can work for her actual audience, which is white middle class lefties. Not that I believe people using food banks should be eating her misery slop.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
He tried to bring discord to between the vegans and omnis on here. One of the reasons I LOVE this board is that we are united in our questioning of Jack and tolerance of other people's food choices. It's not often vegans and non-vegans get along on the internet (whereas in real life there are zero problems - another weird phenomenon).

Anyway, just had a look at the jackmonroeslockdownlarder hashtag for a a good laugh. Thank god she's sticking around to help people decide whether to eat cream that's out of day by one day, what to do with almond butter and how to cope with 47 bananas. Who ARE these people? Who????

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I don't think I would be able to mentally cope with being in the public eye with all the abuse that people get (and the amount that women get is a whole other level). It is possible to be a good person and do good things without chasing fame - but sadly I think Jack does far more fame-chasing than good deeds these days. I believe she started off with good intentions and I'm pleased she's going back to her blog but pretending to be poor whilst "yes, absolutely" raking it in feels like mocking the genuinely worst off in society.
Neither would I. When I was little I loved the idea of being a famous singer (not that I’m particularly good!) but I would watch shows like MTV Diary and think, “I want that life!” As an adult I cannot imagine anything worse. Yes the money would be lovely but I absolutely couldn’t cope with the abuse, especially now in this age where every thought and opinion is expressed online. I would be a glutton for punishment reading all the bad things people are saying about me. I do also think it’s important to separate the abuse and take on board constructive criticism. Despite being a cabal of trolls I’ve seen some genuinely good feedback on this thread that if JM were to take on board would be great for her eg staying off Twitter, stop the tweet and delete sessions, really taking action in a campaign she is passionate about.

Reactions: 17
Please excuse the link to the Express....edited to add Jack is in the article.
Yeah, guys, quickly, stockpile this:

PROTEIN
Tinned kidney beans, chickpeas, cannellini beans, borlotti beans

Sardines/Pilchards

Mackerel

Herring Roe

Stewed steak

Spam Lite

Dried peas and lentils

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah, guys, quickly, stockpile this:

PROTEIN
Tinned kidney beans, chickpeas, cannellini beans, borlotti beans

Sardines/Pilchards

Mackerel

Herring Roe

Stewed steak

Spam Lite

Dried peas and lentils
I remember there being huge backlash over this and Jack getting very defensive over her right to stockpile. It's a natural action to stockpile - apparently psychologists see it as us trying to take back control? But the COVID situation highlights how it should be avoided - so many vulnerable people couldnt access food because of selfish people.q

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Anyway, just had a look at the jackmonroeslockdownlarder hashtag for a a good laugh. Thank god she's sticking around to help people decide whether to eat cream that's out of day by one day, what to do with almond butter and how to cope with 47 bananas. Who ARE these people? Who????
I love that hashtag so much, it's so full of "Hi Jack, I have an apple. Should I eat it or just throw it in the bin?" "What can I do with salt?" "I hate cucumbers but I just bought five of them. Can I put them in a curry?"

Reminds me of one of her IG shows when a Hellman's employee sent in a message that was something like: "Help! I have an aubergine!"

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I often think if she toned down the crazy recepies and just made basic meals on the cheap, even perhaps fancier meals but using reduced or ingredients that are cheaper and certain times of the year.

She could make something like cheap 3 course dinner for special ocassion

Starter potato and leek soup / pumpkin soup causing left over pumpkin from perhaps carving one at Halloween. ( I have done this and pumpkin pie)

Main
Some sort of cheap cut of meat or veg alternative with a carb and veg( perhaps frozen or if found in yellow sticker section out of season)

Desert
Something basic like custard and apple pie again something that can be cheaply sourced.
This give poor people the opportunity to get creative and realise it's not all tit at the bottom. We are not rich at all, but with alittle thought we can create sensible meals that are both filling and nutritious and do not cost us the earth.

Reactions: 15
I love that hashtag so much, it's so full of "Hi Jack, I have an apple. Should I eat it or just throw it in the bin?" "What can I do with salt?" "I hate cucumbers but I just bought five of them. Can I put them in a curry?"

Reminds me of one of her IG shows when a Hellman's employee sent in a message that was something like: "Help! I have an aubergine!"
Hi Jack, i’ve put the food in my mouth, should I like, move my teeth and ‘chew’, if that makes sense? Love you, Jack ❤❤❤

The Hellmanns plants were the best part! I wonder if she’ll have some softball accounts tweet her later.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Let's be honest she's got no interest in food just in being a celeb.

She should have entered the first season of big brother. I think doing holiday competitions on this morning like Alison Hammond is the kind of 'job' she'd like, but it doesn't suit her personality.

Social media has lots of controls these days to make it easy to not see abusive posts, but she refuses to even turn off her DMs as she claims they're some kind of helpline. If someone is going out of their way to find offensive posts what can you do?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.