Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I put it in a bowl with dairy free spread and today I put some grated vegan cheese on top. It doesn’t take that long to heat up, just over a minute.

I just prefer tofu cooked and it turns out fine if you microwave it.

The last couple of times I’ve made it with turmeric and dairy free spread.

I cook half a packet at a time so the packet makes two meals.
What sort of/where do you get your tofu? I used to love The Engine Shed's marinaded tofu and was devastated when they closed down.

Reactions: 3
What sort of/where do you get your tofu? I used to love The Engine Shed's marinaded tofu and was devastated when they closed down.
It was on special in Aldi a few months ago. Clearspring organic

I like the cauldron one as well. The one that’s marinated in ginger and ginger. Ready to eat. Think you can get that in Asda and Tesco.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What's everyone having for dinner, please? I made a sort of amatriciana pasta sauce earlier, except with fresh cherry tomatoes (fancy, or they were going soft and wrinkly) but am struggling to get off the internet and my butt to go and cook the spaghetti to go with it.
I had this - hot and sour noodle soup 😋
And prosecco - fancy!
IMG_20200618_183749.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
It enrages me that she claims her tit recipes, most of which seem to include cheeeeese, cheeese, and BUTTER!!! and fat slices of bacon, spam or stewed steak are helping the vegan movement. Shut the duck up! Sit the duck down!

I know I keep going on about this (much like Jack keeps going on about salad bag pesto), but veganism is a principled philosophy. You don't have to agree with it, but don't claim to be on board when you are obviously not. Where do you think your cheap sausages come from? Here's a clue, they don't go on trees. And I can't bear thinking about how those pigs, who are intelligent creatures are treated. That's not 'not entirely prefect'. That's you, who has looked into this issue, seemingly bought into it, deciding you don't actually care. But still wanting a pat on the back because you publish a vegan curry recipe. duck off!

My mother in-law who doesn't give a tit about veganism drinks her coffee black and eats a banana for breakfast. Let me ring up the vegan society to see if they can send her an award.
This is a great post. I'm not vegan, but for my friends who are, it's a deeply principled belief. I don't eat meat every day, but it's not a spectrum, is it?

Reactions: 12
This is a great post. I'm not vegan, but for my friends who are, it's a deeply principled belief. I don't eat meat every day, but it's not a spectrum, is it?
you’re more vegan than Jack then. 😂
Seriously though why is she holding onto the vegan thing? She’s at best 10% plant based going by her twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.