Jack Monroe #285 Please handle your white male saviours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would be really interesting to do a Twitter poll to see how many blue ticks have muted her

• Haha
Reactions: 32
This really makes me sad. What an un-fun dinner that is going to be.
SB: mamapapa why are you so angry tonight?
JM: been arguing with strangers on the internet for no reason.
SB: again? Oh, ok.

So pointless and pathetic and Jack's screwing up precious time with her son.

I'd almost feel sorry for her but it's all her own doing. There is no need to pick any fights online.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Why does she keep calling PASTA BOY 'Young Kevin' when he's the same age as her.
Omg the ✨drama✨ of this mailer, I love it, they’re blessed to have that copywriter!

Out of interest can those repayment plans be like £1 a week for the rest of eternity? I know that can be the case with “commercial” debts (idk the word for it but like normal people getting into credit card debt) but can’t imagine HMRC are gonna take too kindly to such an arrangement 😳
Not really, all the ones I’ve dealt with have been short term. As far as they are concerned you earned the money so you should be able to cover the tax on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
You know who I often wonder about? SB’s pals parents.
reason? Would you want your kid going to her house to hang out? They must all be talking about her in a WhatsApp group somewhere.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
How can anyone function like this?

The last tweet comparison Jennynumbers made makes me think she knows exactly what she is doing. You cannot vent about something so personal and traumatic and then stay on SM and tweet inane shite unless it is all at a distance.

I joked yesterday about being drained from starting the thread, but when we see this in RT it is draining. Seeing other people (regardless of whether we agree with Kevin or the older lady’s politics) be systematically taken down by Jack and her FM is not pleasant, wondering whether all this is due to her being in emotional pain or due to a calculated decision on her part is tiring.

Our thread is huge. It is big for a reason. But we rely on it for more than Jack’s content and for that, when things get like this, however draining, we are all drained together.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Jack has a tendency to “steal” other people’s stories.
I think being expelled from school was one of Allegra’s.
I think Jack being classed as “gifted” at school was nicked from SB’s dad (I saw SB’s dad’s mum mention that SB’s dad was classed as gifted at school in a Facebook convo with Jack’s mum).
Pretty sure Jack having covid was nicked from Louisa (who had pretty bad covid, and the Times even did a piece on it).
And I still think her foodbank story was cooked up for an article in her local paper.
Her whole life’s a work of fiction.
she also stole the part from Pretty Woman where Julia gets snubbed in a fancy clothes store and then went back with loads of money and Richard gere. Jack had a similar version (without Richard).

plus the one about the teacher saying all you’ll be good for is flipping burgers which was originally a Paul McCartney classic I believe and then recycled by Robbie
which

Also the “Mama May i please have some more” story, as first seen in Oliver Twist.
In a way I wish she’d choose some more obscure sources. Be easier to cover her tracks.

Anyway..that torture tweet is basically the Twitter equivalent of punching someone in the face to make them shut up. It was extraordinarily twisted and malicious. The detail. Urgh. WHY?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
This OH will have googled her, surely ? Doesn’t everyone have a peek nowadays if only to check that the new potential isn’t a spiteful narc ?
I can’t figure this out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
You know who I often wonder about? SB’s pals parents.
reason? Would you want your kid going to her house to hang out? They must all be talking about her in a WhatsApp group somewhere.
Quite. The last time his friends were there she shouted down the stairs to them that she was having a tit :sick:

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.