Jack Monroe #285 Please handle your white male saviours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well - this has been a shocking few days - new depths have truly been plumbed. As we all know, no-one here has ever wished harm on her, let alone alone this kind of stuff. We're people commenting on an internet message board....generally out of concern......not some sort of organised gangland cartel....Poor elderly Tory lady, the bear has definitely been poked...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
She is really trying to instigate a pile on to Tory lady and it isn’t acceptable. Jack was the one who set the dogs on her and all she did was reply and stand up for herself and then the ‘do your worst’ as if she was being the one attacked is delusional
I presume she is quite so cross as Tory lady liked the tweet about her being a tax dodger.
She probably had hoped it was going away.
She cannot argue logically, politely and calmly. She doesn't have the intellect. So she resorts to shock tactics and abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Jack's behaviour is despicable. It's possible to vicariously traumatise others, Jack knows she has many vulnerable individuals on her timeline.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I don’t believe a word of that vile tweet. Her usual go to is “oh I’ve got MH issues”. This is just her secondary line of defence. I feel like she’s merely trying to shut down any criticism and using it as an out.

I bet Tory lady is flabbergasted.
Agree, that's exactly what she's trying to do. The language she's alleging has been used towards her, it's Jack shock tactic language, isn't it? It sounds just like something she would write.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I knew someone who did get anonymous threats not a kick in the pants off what Jack describes. One of the things the police advised them was to ensure that they weren't drawing any attention to it at all on social media as a reaction can unfortunately encourage the person responsible to keep it up knowing that they're having an effect. I'm honestly surprised the police not speaking to Jack about this and offering similar advice.
I hate that I can’t believe her. Having had lived experience of scary online stuff crossing into IRL we live our lives very, very differently to how she does so I find it hard to believe she’s had such extreme abuse and shares her location in real time & internal locks and so on.

• Heart
She's trying to shut down Tory lady as quickly as she can. Making her feel bad if she responds to that litany of awful things. She's disgusting.

• Angry
  • Heart
I wonder if her mum's sees this, knowing my mum is probably of a similar age and I was talking to an old lady like this, I would currently be on the phone getting an earful.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Has she ever screenshotted and posted any of these abusive, threatening tweets? I've never seen any proof.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
If those tweets are true - in her DIVA interview why did she wang on about here saying the crappy bungalow had stairs etc and stuff like that as being the worst examples of trolling she gets?
Why not mention those repulsive ones? Ever?
Sorry. Not buying it.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.