Jack Monroe #285 Please handle your white male saviours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What in the actual duck.

If she is receiving that kind of abuse from anyone, it's utterly vile and inexcusable. For all her constant moaning about Tattle, those comments are clearly coming from elsewhere because I can say with absolute certainty that nobody here would even condone them, let alone make them.

She admitted only days ago that SB reads her Twitter. How does she think seeing this will make him feel!?

Someone take her phones off her, please.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I hate that I can’t believe her. Having had lived experience of scary online stuff crossing into IRL we live our lives very, very differently to how she does so I find it hard to believe she’s had such extreme abuse and shares her location in real time & internal locks and so on.
It feels rotten doesn't it? Your natural response is to want to believe people about things like this. But that's where she gets people, always picking a subject that makes it hard/uncomfortable to not believe, or to question. It's her way of winning, of regaining control.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Again.... where are her support circle to intervene!?!
Playing devil's advocate here but if what she says regarding threats and abuse is true then she is clearly struggling and needs some help.
If what she says isn't true then she absolutely needs an intervention.

All of this is out there, there are always receipts and SB is at an age where If he doesn't see it directly then someone will sure as heck show him and that makes me really, really sad. 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 45
I hate that I can’t believe her. Having had lived experience of scary online stuff crossing into IRL we live our lives very, very differently to how she does so I find it hard to believe she’s had such extreme abuse and shares her location in real time & internal locks and so on.
This is exactly what she plays on. That people won’t want to say they disbelieve her because the topics she chooses to spout off about. She knows people won’t want to be seen challenging anything about addiction, stalking, SA, abusive relationships, her mental health and so she pulls them straight back out whenever she’s challenged.

It’s absolutely despicable of her, even when she’s saying something that is truthful, and she knows exactly what she’s doing. Exactly.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She's just shooting out squid ink now. Whether or not Jack has received threats of a serious criminal nature is irrelevant. She knows nothing about Tory Lady's mental state. When I've been seriously depressed even someone being mildly rude to me in a shop is enough to cause me real distress- it makes no difference that someone else somewhere has had something worse said to them. Maybe TL is really upset at folk slagging her cooking. All she's trying to do in making this stuff public is silence the person who is standing up to her bullying. It's a pathetic and absurd way for an adult to conduct themselves. I hope no one falls for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Jack has a tendency to “steal” other people’s stories.
I think being expelled from school was one of Allegra’s.
I think Jack being classed as “gifted” at school was nicked from SB’s dad (I saw SB’s dad’s mum mention that SB’s dad was classed as gifted at school in a Facebook convo with Jack’s mum).
Pretty sure Jack having covid was nicked from Louisa (who had pretty bad covid, and the Times even did a piece on it).
And I still think her foodbank story was cooked up for an article in her local paper.
Her whole life’s a work of fiction.
BIB - I agree. I think the entire poverty backstory was cooked up for that article. I don't believe any of it.

Reactions: 45
The last time she was like this, this vile, this horrible, I think it was followed by the aparthotel stays and dayhab. She’d fallen off the wagon. And Twitter silence followed.

• Sad
Reactions: 57
Has she ever screenshotted and posted any of these abusive, threatening tweets? I've never seen any proof.
Someone did get convicted of sending disgusting death threats to her in the mid/late 2010s. I think one of our very own Tattle members was also targeted by the same vile person. Perhaps it is this one incident she's referring to.

She did say she got a lot of abuse after writing a blog about Diane Abbot which I can also full well believe. This was 2018 I wanna say.

She's the type to scream murder and draw attention to anything negative to enhance her victim status so any recent ones I just can't believe without screenshots I'm sorry. Knowing what she's like.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I know. I feel very similar. The way she trots stuff out at these times when she feels attacked makes me doubt it.

I don’t want to upset or offend anyone - and if it’s true then it’s awful. But sadly because it’s Jack and because of previous form I just can’t believe her.

Reactions: 38
Poor lady Tory must think she’s fallen into a parallel dimension. How does that response fit in with the exchange they were having??

Jack has never ever once shown proof of abusive messages, we’ll just have to take her word for it. She is medically incapable of lying, though, so of course it’s true!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
F91B9854-FF16-4F9A-BF19-0AAAB67753EE.jpeg

ah and it’s back to blaming Tory Lady, it infuriates me that she uses abuse to gain her advantage in an online disagreement. Anybody who has been through similar I actually feel ashamed of her and her clueless followers. Please don’t let SB read any of this

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I know people who've received death threats for the most innocuous thing they've post on Twitter. So it could be true - and knowing Jack if she received one, it will be amplified to 100. But not sure why the poor woman she was replying to needed to hear all this.

Reactions: 37
She may have got tweets like that, but why pull them out now?
Why did that woman deserve that response?
So out of proportion it is deranged.

Reactions: 56
Well I guess it clears up the lie that the evil stalkers are from here then!
Not at all. I found sanctuary here after receiving very similar threats from her jackolytes. Actually almost word perfect regarding the acid stuff which makes me think at least one of them was indeed Jack. ETA correcting myself - this stressed me to duck. I meant to say acid, not candles. You don’t want to know what they threatened to do with candles.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.