Jack Monroe #285 Please handle your white male saviours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack. Step away from twitter. Your stories are getting wilder and wilder. There are few other people who kick off like you for having a thread on here and it’s because you know people are telling the truth about you and you can’t stand it.
Wait what - in that tweet is she trying to blur the lines between those abusive violent messages she receives and here?

Reactions: 31
The dyeing all her clothes black was the start of this really bizarre bout of behaviour. I mean come on. I have clothes that I need to freshen up and I will probably dye some. But she wants to dye her clothes black so she can fade into the background. When she’s a nasty gobshite on twitter?

She’s just weird full stop. All those odd cartoon videos. The mad singing. The one where she pretends to weigh herself. She’s barking mad.

Reactions: 36
Jack's tweets are so upsetting, I'm genuinely so so shocked she's so flippantly posting about it. I really hope twitter hides or deletes the tweets. I don't even have words. Close to tears reading it (blame my early period for the waterworks)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Grunking (4 unfinished threads now my god). I was thinking about the squigs who rampantly defend her and seem to be fairly distanced from personal experiences of poverty or hardship themselves. They are more than happy to support her as their champion. Do they latch onto her "I WORK 100 HOURS A WEEK FIGHTING POVERTY" and so vigorously defend how hard she works, because, then they don't need to do ANYTHING else?! Jack's doing everything, all the good fight that could possibly be fought, all you need to do is occasionally say 'hooray Jack'. Nothing harder, like voting differently, like having tough conversations with people close to you about opposing political views, like going to protests, like joining Extinction Rebellion, no getting your hands dirty by volunteering. All you have to do is support Jack on Twitter, into her tip jar, on Patreon, and jobs a good 'un.

As others have said much better than me, she has never actually achieved anything. And she doesn't encourage or ask anyone to do anything more than a) support her b) donate to the Trussel Trust c) be angry on Twitter by agreeing with her about the things she is angry about when she is angry about them.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Of course she is. She'd like people to believe those things of us.
Forgetting of course that most people are rubberneckers and would immediately have to go and look for this violent, threatening hellsite only to be confronted with hoots and receipts. She really is an abysmal liar.

Reactions: 36
Wait what - in that tweet is she trying to blur the lines between those abusive violent messages she receives and here?
Not sure about that but the comments about stalking and finding her house and reports to the RSPCA clearly she’s talking about here.

The issue is. If police took a threat like that seriously. Pouring acid on her private parts. The people making them would be traced and she’s said she’s had multiple threats. In fact she’s been saying she’s been threatened online for years so why has no one been charged yet?

Plus. If you were getting threats like that Via twitter dm. You could close them
This is the person who took Hopkins to court but has received multiple threats and .... nothing. I don’t believe her. She’s lying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 44
I see you very rightly put a trigger warning on this - so why on earth didn’t Jack?? Fancy scrolling innocently through Twitter and you see THAT?? She’s completely lost the plot. She’s demented. It needs reporting - not that twitter are much use, but still.
Mindful of the discussion about reporting stuff the other day, I did actually report that specific Tweet because it is unhinged. Goes against the grain for me as I prefer not to intervene in even that small way but that qualifies as exceptional circumstances.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Imagine putting up a picture of your dinner, it getting trounced because you forgot to add the cost of a smear butter to the costings and because it doesn't look like dog sick, then when you stick up for yourself you are subjected to gruesome, twisted stories of torture. Jack, you need to calm down, you are behaving atrociously

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 87
I presume she is quite so cross as Tory lady liked the tweet about her being a tax dodger.
She probably had hoped it was going away.
She cannot argue logically, politely and calmly. She doesn't have the intellect. So she resorts to shock tactics and abuse.
Spot on. 👆🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 30
They are more than happy to support her as their champion. Do they latch onto her "I WORK 100 HOURS A WEEK FIGHTING POVERTY" and so vigorously defend how hard she works, because, then they don't need to do ANYTHING else?! Jack's doing everything, all the good fight that could possibly be fought, all you need to do is occasionally say 'hooray Jack'. Nothing harder, like voting differently, like having tough conversations with people close to you about opposing political views, like going to protests, like joining Extinction Rebellion, no getting your hands dirty by volunteering. All you have to do is support Jack on Twitter, into her tip jar, on Patreon, and jobs a good 'un.
yes I think you’re spot on. I especially think that’s why blue tickets like Nigella support her. They know how unbelievably privileged they are and in todays less reverential environment are probably constantly lowkey terrified of being next in line for a call out or cancellation. Being seen to support someone like Jack is a useful firewall. It shows (to other privileged people only, of course) that they care about people on the grittier end of life , without ever having to actually make sacrifices or get their hands dirty.

I think it’s telling that Jack is most prolific on Twitter, which is just a padded room for the middle classes, really. She’d get a much rawer response if she tried this tit on other platforms.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Mindful of the discussion about reporting stuff the other day, I did actually report that specific Tweet because it is unhinged. Goes against the grain for me as I prefer not to intervene in even that small way but that qualifies as exceptional circumstances.
I reported it too. It was an awful tweet.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
STILL trying to pick a fight

View attachment 1191627
Jack Monroe close friend of former Conservative MP Anna Soubry.

If anyone would care to thry can yreview Anna's voting record on that obscure little site 'They Work For You'

highlights include voting against taxes on bankers bonuses and against increasing benefits in line with prices

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Watched the BBC 6pm news earlier, who led with the 7% inflation rate, and focussing on the cost of living crisis, as have other news outlets today.….weirdly silence on the subject from Jack today, thought this was her whole shtick, but no, instead we’ve had attacks on Mr Hollywood and some pensioners meals, ‘tapping the sign’, general whinging about her MH, and now guinea pigs and monopoly.

There has been complete silence from her about it….a subject which her whole operation is based on. Even though a few squigs have been asking her about the #VBI and her take on rising inflation she has had nothing to say about the cost of living issues today. Not very #SaverSquad is it…..I do think Lorraine may well have binned that whole concept though, which looking at her tweet storms, is deffo for the best, she really seems unhinged this week. All went downhill after the endorsement from Mum Nigella, she might have the patreon cash flowing in, but her ego went wild, and with all the #VBI nonsense, and a proper workload expectation, she’s collapsed, resulting in what we are seeing now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.