Jack Monroe #285 Please handle your white male saviours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On Jack's writing style tho - isn't it horrible?? It's like Dickens' worst sentimental passages BUT without the humour, social insight or sparkling command of the English language. It's like EL James, but without the bondage bit to liven it up. The best way I can think of to describe it is if Enid Blyton and Bret Easton Ellis had a kid, a kid for whom Enlgish was neither their first nor second language, and that kid was then asked to re-write A Child Called It, but to make it extra dramatic.
I've worked with gcse students 🔺 who've had a tendency to be overdramatic in writing ("horror! It's dangerous in society" "and then the stranger... with an AXE!" etc) but their writing looks gracefully restrained compared to Jack's

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Still doesn’t excuse how rude Jack is. I think the one on the left looks better than a lot of the stuff jack makes. She’s so nasty it takes my breath away. I actually have loads of cook books but I often cook stuff not from a recipe with whatever I have to hand and I’ve never had a disaster yet. I would never cook one of Jacks recipes

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Are they not costed right because they don’t include a pinch of salt (0.5p) and tit like that? We all know her costings are a crock of tit and don’t work.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Jack, you don't exactly score high in either a) or b) either

View attachment 1191344
I've met more self aware cardboard boxes. Neither squigs meal is professionally presented and I don't understand why egg and cheese squig didn't melt the cheese into the omelette but I'm sure their offerings tasted better than they looked and they both gain bonus points for not adding a pointless Jack flourish like a tinned pineapple or a dollop of jam. It does seem very off for a food writer who suffers more than anyone can possibly imagine to get ordinary people cooking to be openly denigrating food cooked by amateurs but I'm sure she knows what she's doing.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Still doesn’t excuse how rude Jack is. I think the one on the left looks better than a lot of the stuff jack makes. She’s so nasty it takes my breath away.
I haven't been following this closely on twitter, but I thought the person on the right wasn't posting it to show off or be 'competition' for fragile Princess Jack - but was showing how little they had?
In which case Jack mocking and laughing at it is bleeping disgusting and deeply unkind.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
Jack, you don't exactly score high in either a) or b) either

View attachment 1191344
How bleeping rude! What if they are just being genuine? Is Jack saying that they're not good enough at being poor?
Can someone just nick a photo from Miguel Barclay, pretend it's theirs and let her rip that to shreds 😂 Honestly I'd rather eat the one on the left than pretty much any of the stuff Jack shows.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
putting aside presentation I think people on a low budget are much more like to cook the examples she's snarking at than her creations.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Bet neither of those people have spenny cameras/phones/lighting/backdrops/£££spoons or filthy hands and don’t claim to be LITERAL EXPERTS or photographers. So fkng nasty. So she’s started the day “taps expensive ugly watch” at 3pm with a big chunk of self promotion and a large side of trampling on others. Nice Jack.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.