Jack Monroe #285 Please handle your white male saviours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mini the kitten lives in a tumbledown thatched cottage with lots of other lovely cats and kittens all cared for by a kind old lady who goes prizewinning roses. I refuse to to see or hear anything that would lead me to believe otherwise.
Quite probably Dearheart, all I meant was served a purpose for attention and then pfffft no further mention. I’d imagine Mini and her new carer ticked the No Publicity box.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Quite probably Dearheart, all I meant was served a purpose for attention and then pfffft no further mention. I’d imagine Mini and her new carer ticked the No Publicity box.
Like all the 'OH' mentions.

She ramped it up to 11 and the squigs still didn't bite. No mention for couple of days now.

Was Harold even real?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
But she still went to grammar school, but was ‘unlucky’. She also has parents with respectable jobs and were also foster carers.
I understand what you are saying. Completely. But for me. I would identify much more with someone who has been on UC recently than someone who gave up a secure job to go on benefits over a decade ago. I’m also not criticising women who struggle with childcare.

She has nothing to contribute these days. You notice that she’s always asking for people’s back stories and that’s because she doesn’t have a clue about what it’s like to be on UC

I’ve just gone back on UC although I do have some other money as well so I’m not existing on that alone just now but I have in the past. I know more about benefits right now than she does. Like. At the beginning of lockdown she was selling paintings I think and someone suggested to her that she go on UC and it was shudders. I couldn’t do that.

But it’s ok for me and millions of others? It would affect her mental health too much? Is there anything that doesnt? Twitter does. Being on Tv does. Twitter does. The only thing that doesn’t affect her mental health is the grifting of the folk she’s sucked in to give her dosh. Apparently she also started asking for money because she couldn’t take on as much work due to her arthritis.

Ok. So how did she manage to do DKL and the Hellman’s collaboration and other jobs if she’s crippled with arthritis. Why doesn’t she apply for PIP or what the benefit is that replaced DLA?

She doesnt need to be grifting like this. She could have applied for benefits due to her health conditions years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I understand what you are saying. Completely. But for me. I would identify much more with someone who has been on UC recently than someone who gave up a secure job to go on benefits over a decade ago. I’m also not criticising women who struggle with childcare.

She has nothing to contribute these days. You notice that she’s always asking for people’s back stories and that’s because she doesn’t have a clue about what it’s like to be on UC

I’ve just gone back on UC although I do have some other money as well so I’m not existing on that alone just now but I have in the past. I know more about benefits right now than she does. Like. At the beginning of lockdown she was selling paintings I think and someone suggested to her that she go on UC and it was shudders. I couldn’t do that.

But it’s ok for me and millions of others? It would affect her mental health too much? Is there anything that doesnt? Twitter does. Being on Tv does. Twitter does. The only thing that doesn’t affect her mental health is the grifting of the folk she’s sucked in to give her dosh. Apparently she also started asking for money because she couldn’t take on as much work due to her arthritis.

Ok. So how did she manage to do DKL and the Hellman’s collaboration and other jobs if she’s crippled with arthritis. Why doesn’t she apply for PIP or what the benefit is that replaced DLA?

She doesnt need to be grifting like this. She could have applied for benefits due to her health conditions years ago.
IF she had them, she grifted. Money to fix her website, more than once, how’s that going?

Reactions: 18
If she has been cut, it would explain the mania and the surrounding herself with 1000+ sycophants a day…
Grunking...but you got it! She can then go to corporates and use these supposed engagement figures to get more sponsored work. Tried and trusted method!

• Angry
Reactions: 23

She's probably too wealthy to get benefits. Can't you have like no more than £3k in savings? I bet she's well sorted.

Yes she has to collect pov stories to use in her own narrative. Munchies are known to do the same to bolster their delusions of illness.

Even her own narrative is obvious bullshit from someone who's never been poor. Car boot sale to raise £3k from selling her stuff. When I was on the bones of my arse there was no way the stuff I owned was worth anywhere near £3k. £3k was untold riches. Selling her kid's plastic dino. You won't get ANY money for a used plastic kids' toy. Unscrewing lightbulbs. What the duck for? I can understand not being able to replace bulbs temporarily but in that case just get a bulb from another room you don't use as much and use that for a bit. You don't need to unscrew bulbs from the whole house.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I've just found something quite interesting which might explain the Guardian article no-show. Over the last couple of years Owen Jones has been in Twitter spats with various colleagues, which has resulted in complaints being made about his conduct. The rights and wrongs of that aren't relevant, nor are the issues they were fighting about but what I think could be is that he has been spoken to about his social media conduct by management, who have also drawn up a code of conduct that applies to all regular contributors (not just staff) on their personal social media where they are regarded as representing the Guardian.

Given Jack's somewhat volatile Twitter presence, I wonder if they're coming to the view that she's potentially more hassle than she's worth? Lets face it, what guarantee would they have that they wouldn't publish an article and within 10 minutes flat Jack is trying to get a Twitter pile on going against someone mentioned in it and involving the Guardian in another complaint?

Suzanne Moore has tweeted a clipping from Private Eye regarding the saga. As I couldn't get a good screenshot of the clipping without breaking it up, I've linked directly to her Tweet. Appreciate she's a controversial figure for some so I've stuck it behind a spoiler so you can look if you choose or skip if you'd rather not.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
She’s accused people of stalking as well. It’s all buzz words to get attention. Trolling. Stalking. Abuse. She goes for the shock factor knowing that people won’t ask for details. It’s horrible awful manipulation of people.

It’s really awful manipulation of people. She knows what she’s doing. As soon as she mentions she’s being stalked she gets sympathy. As for her comments that if she told 1 per cent of it people would be shocked. On you go then, tell it.

She’s an actual embarrassment. Remember the tweets she made about an ex teacher stalking her then when she was challenged she said she was in a fugue state? I can only assume her new partner isn’t following her on twitter.
classic narc tactic. It’s scary how similarity they can operate. It’s so clever and yet it really isn’t. Most narcs I’ve met aren’t particularly clever people, they are just very cunning and manipulative. It’s like second nature to them, they don’t even have to think about it.

my narc mother did something awful to me. She sold a family heirloom my grandparent had promised me and told a multide of lies over what had been saidwhat hadn’t. A meandering story. When I finally managed to corner her…

“oh I was on so many antidepressants I can’t even remember”

it serves a purpose 1. Shuts down the conversation. As soon as stuff like suicide or mental health are introduced, there’s little else you can say in response to that. I wasn’t really in a position to argue the side effects of her medication or mental health even though I knew she was lying through her teeth. Same with Jack. None of us can realistically say with any authority that she wasn’t in a “fugue state” though it’s clear as day she wasn’t.
2. It victimises the narc. They aren’t a narcissistic liar anymore… they are a poor victim of depression/mental health/insert chosen ailment.
3. they gain control of the narrative. If you press them on the details, you become the bad guy. My raising doubts over my mother having “memory loss” as a result of “antidepressants”, becomes reframed. I’m the vulture grandchild accusing my poor bereaved, depressed mother. Press Jack on her lies over being “stalked” and you become the online troll and bully who is relentlessly attacking someone who just wants to help the poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Slept through Vanessa Feltz's increasingly desparate phone calls?
Time to crank out the tried and tested excuse surely

fall-stairs.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She's probably too wealthy to get benefits. Can't you have like no more than £3k in savings? I bet she's well sorted.
You can get UC if you have between 6000 and 16000 in savings. A reduced amount but they’ll still pay rent as well. Not always full rent depending on the LHA rate. Anything below 6000 in savings is disregarded for UC purposes. You also get some council tax reduction as well.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I think some disability benefits aren’t means tested.

And her Patreon earnings are on public record.
PIP isn't means tested though. It is possible she applied for it and was refused, which to be fair does happen. She seems to be in that grey area where it's hard to prove that her life is affected by her health conditions (assuming they're genuine of course).

Reactions: 19
Yep.

pre annoted.jpg

Kevin, the poor, sad sod has a lot to answer for. He's probably going to take rap for inflation as well.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I've just found something quite interesting which might explain the Guardian article no-show. Over the last couple of years Owen Jones has been in Twitter spats with various colleagues, which has resulted in complaints being made about his conduct. The rights and wrongs of that aren't relevant, nor are the issues they were fighting about but what I think could be is that he has been spoken to about his social media conduct by management, who have also drawn up a code of conduct that applies to all regular contributors (not just staff) on their personal social media where they are regarded as representing the Guardian.

Given Jack's somewhat volatile Twitter presence, I wonder if they're coming to the view that she's potentially more hassle than she's worth? Lets face it, what guarantee would they have that they wouldn't publish an article and within 10 minutes flat Jack is trying to get a Twitter pile on going against someone mentioned in it and involving the Guardian in another complaint?

Suzanne Moore has tweeted a clipping from Private Eye regarding the saga. As I couldn't get a good screenshot of the clipping without breaking it up, I've linked directly to her Tweet. Appreciate she's a controversial figure for some so I've stuck it behind a spoiler so you can look if you choose or skip if you'd rather not.

I think the clip and article are from Private Eye, not sure if you’d prefer to try and link to the source for ease? Sorry I don’t have a link to share.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I would think she hasn’t applied for it because she know she won’t get it. I’m sorry and this sounds awful but I personally think that she over exaggerates every single condition she claims to have. The autism. The ADHD and the arthritis.

I particularly hate the narrative around her ADHD and autism. All that wonky puppy brain stuff. It makes me cringe.

I just think it’s scummy that her followers paid for her stint in rehab via her Patreon.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
My mum used to say “you’re running around like a whirling dervish” when I was young and being a bit of a… well, child, being active and annoying, ya know? Maybe she’s heard her mum say it and BIG WORDS’d it and got it totally wrong. Again.
The game I played on my phone said I had an IQ of 180 when I put all the puzzle blocks in the right place so I can tell you all about whirling dervish!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I don’t think the Patreon really took off until Nigella
publicised it - about four or so cheques ago? That’s when the pig hats/spoons/football/earrings/DMboots really took off.

• Sick
Reactions: 26
I think the clip and article are from Private Eye, not sure if you’d prefer to try and link to the source for ease? Sorry I don’t have a link to share.
Private Eye doesn't have the article online, I'm afraid.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.