Jack Monroe #285 Please handle your white male saviours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are these people on drugs? They must be to type this stuff.
Or they're taking the piss.
Even if my husband came out with a line like that. I think I would seriously think about choices I had made! 🤢 There's lines that floor you and lines that creep you. The one above is the latter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm just thinking about Martin Lewis recommending her blog as a cost of living resource, people clicking on it thinking they'll discover some new way to save money, and instead finding a manic rant about what some twitter random said about pasta, complete with a link to a real person's coroner's report.

There are times, I admit, that I do feel just a tiny bit sorry for her... (must be hungover or something..)

She seems to be an absolute narcissist, it's as much as an illness as anything else so when she gets attention from her peers and recommendations her inflated ego just runs away with itself like a mad, unstoppable horse... in a way, not only do the people that recommend her to need to take a look at themselves for bigging-up such a charlatan but also, for what effect that attention is going to have on such a massive egoist. These last few days and weeks actually, she's just been riding a wave of self-importance and it would be painful to watch if it wasn't also good comedy... a great example, among the hundreds, is her just casually proclaiming her imagined IQ yesterday when there was no real need, it wasn't relevant to the theme of the day she just couldn't help herself when a fleeting opportunity arose to claim some special, high-level intelligence. Cringeworthy...

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm not a qualifications snob at all btw. Both my parents didn't do well at school but they raised me and my sister well and to have good values. I was more using it as an example of why we shouldn't take Twitter 'experts' word for anything because they often have no qualifications to back any of it up.

Reactions: 36
I agree with this. Jack is the acceptable face of poverty in the UK - for the middle class. Well educated, presents herself well, doesn’t present as ‘crazy’ so doesn’t represent the negative aspects of all of the ailments that she claims to have. If she was unemployed, living on a council estate she wouldn’t have the support that she has.
Except according to Jack herself she’s not well educated. Went to grammar school but left with 4 and a half GCSEs. Am sure she said she was expelled too. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong on that one.

Reactions: 15
Except according to Jack herself she’s not well educated. Went to grammar school but left with 4 and a half GCSEs. Am sure she said she was expelled too. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong on that one.
But she still went to grammar school, but was ‘unlucky’. She also has parents with respectable jobs and were also foster carers.

Reactions: 17
It went the way of Mini the kitten
Mini the kitten lives in a tumbledown thatched cottage with lots of other lovely cats and kittens all cared for by a kind old lady who goes prizewinning roses. I refuse to to see or hear anything that would lead me to believe otherwise.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Heart wrenching!!! Gut wrenching more like 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Oh god. Tales of the crumpled fiver 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Crumpled fiver to last ten days. I’m not slating people who are in poverty by the way because I’ve been there but come on. People in poverty don’t need schooled by a twit like her wanging on about pasta and a crumpled fiver.

What has her campaigning achieved? A couple of debates in parliament and a few book donations and some prunes and pineapples to food banks? What else?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
@trueblue222
I remember this very well. I also remember the timing of those tweets re Sarah Everard.
My disgust knows no bounds.
No sympathy for Jack at all.

Reactions: 34
I agree with this. Jack is the acceptable face of poverty in the UK - for the middle class. Well educated, presents herself well, doesn’t present as ‘crazy’ so doesn’t represent the negative aspects of all of the ailments that she claims to have. If she was unemployed, living on a council estate she wouldn’t have the support that she has.
Hard agree. In much the same way that if the McCanns were on benefit and took their kids to a holiday park, left them asleep in a caravan whilst they went on the lash with their pals, they’d have been treated very differently.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Heart wrenching!!! Gut wrenching more like 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Oh god. Tales of the crumpled fiver 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Crumpled fiver to last ten days. I’m not slating people who are in poverty by the way because I’ve been there but come on. People in poverty don’t need schooled by a twit like her wanging on about pasta and a crumpled fiver.

What has her campaigning achieved? A couple of debates in parliament and a few book donations and some prunes and pineapples to food banks? What else?
What have the slopgoblins ever done for us?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.