Jack Monroe #285 Please handle your white male saviours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she was not on Lorraine (pre-rec) and not on Vanessa (live)? Another burnout due?

Reactions: 28
Some of these replies have me owl-champagneing...and some interesting speculation re: the performative pile of unopened post she shared a while ago.

(Sorry @Knit one Pearl one I can't compete with your neat squiggling!)

Screenshot_20220413-121911_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220413-122500_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220413-122721_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220413-122734_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
Jack has broken her *midnight to midnight* tweet record.

The previous record was 151 tweets, which was set on 2nd December 2020.

Yesterday, Jack sent

💥 200 tweets 💥

(figure includes 1 deleted tweet. there may have been more)

🥳🥳🥳 Congratulations, Jack 🥳🥳🥳

(Please be aware Social Blade will show a different number as those figures are not counted from midnight to midnight)
So she broke her own tweet record and ON THE SAME DAY followed 1000 accounts?! I'm not going to embarrass myself by attempting any Big Maths, but she implied that she had looked closely enough at each account to deem them Good Peoples, so that must have taken quite some time too. Factor in all the time she must spend reading tweets in her feed, reading responses to her tweets, reading tweets where she's mentioned, liking tweets...that's an astonishing amount of time spent on twitter in a single day.

I am not on social media and I don't consider myself to be a heavy phone user*, but I'm still shocked/embarrassed when I see my screen time round up. I'd love to know how many hours a week she spends on her phone(s).

*apart from Tattle, obvs. Unashamedly addicted to this place and its hilarious fraus.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I'm just thinking about Martin Lewis recommending her blog as a cost of living resource, people clicking on it thinking they'll discover some new way to save money, and instead finding a manic rant about what some twitter random said about pasta, complete with a link to a real person's coroner's report.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
I actually don’t know what her job IS. Writing the odd book. The odd talking head appearance. Sitting on twitter. Grifting. What else? Nice work if you can get it eh?

Reactions: 36
YES. I also had this with an abuser. After driving me nearly to collapse with concentrated attacks of bullying and abuse, they'd suddenly turn all lovely and nice, especially to other people, and I'd be a quivering wreck trying to work out what happened, and how I should be acting now. It's immensely triggering and that's why I think I feel so strongly about Jack. That's also why I think so many squigs seem oblivious to her behaviour. It's only recognisable to those who have suffered from it before, or seen it happen. Well, as it becomes more egregious, it's becoming more obvious to normies too. Which is good.

The Vanessa no-show is interesting. Did Vanessa trail her this morning? I don't know the format of the show, but she could've been bumped for BoJo chat, or just because they found someone better to talk about inflation. or maybe she flaked out and the producer couldn't get ahold of her. Or maybe the producer spoke to her before her slot and realised she, er, wasn't in the right headspace to go live if you know what I mean?
yep same for me with an abuser (ex boyfriend. He wasn’t a narcissist just a very unpleasant person).

he’d be openly aggressive, passive aggressive, victimise himself and do a “poor me” act. He isolated me from friends. The absolute master of guilt tripping. I couldn’t even wear make up without being guilt tripped over it. It was never his fault, always someone else or something else to blame.

to everyone else though? He was the sweetest, most sensitive soul. So kind and thoughtful and charming.

Abusers don’t just groom their victims, they groom character witnesses.

I see my abuser in Jack’s attitude and behaviour 100%. Someone said a little while back that they were feeling worried about Jack today and feeling guilty. That guilt is usually a result of manipulation, as there’s nothing inherently unfair or nasty about pointing out you disagree with someone, or have doubts about their motives. It’s not as if you’re contacting Jack to direct abuse or name call. But by framing any type of criticism as “trolling” and “bullying”, and alluding to mental health problems because of it - it reads to me like setting others up to take the responsibility. Vaguely threatening them. My narc mother does this too “be nice to me because you never know what might happen”.

if Jack is suffering from severe mental health problems as a result of social media then ultimately the sole responsibility lies with her to step away from it. She tries to put the responsibility on others so she can do what she likes, say what she likes and behave as she likes without consequences. It’s highly manipulative IMO and shows a very warped way of thinking.

She followed 1000 people just so they can now kiss her arse in her comments.
got to love how she’s trying to frame it like she’s doing them a favour too.

“ooh I’ll help you get more followers by sharing. This is pure altruism from me”

except it’s not Jack, you thrive off sycophancy and are probably hoping they’ll donate to you. And it’s woefully obvious.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Jack where are you, the squigs want answers about the 7% inflation rate, down some coffee, damn that insomnia, charge that phone (must be dead from yesterday’s tweet-a-thon) and get replying, you got a job to do 👍🏼
E2421993-AD67-467F-ADF9-613CF633FB46.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Whatever did happen to her university course? I was reading here when the Diva mag article came out and then lost track.

Was it ever mentioned again?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She’s accused people of stalking as well. It’s all buzz words to get attention. Trolling. Stalking. Abuse. She goes for the shock factor knowing that people won’t ask for details. It’s horrible awful manipulation of people.

It’s really awful manipulation of people. She knows what she’s doing. As soon as she mentions she’s being stalked she gets sympathy. As for her comments that if she told 1 per cent of it people would be shocked. On you go then, tell it.

She’s an actual embarrassment. Remember the tweets she made about an ex teacher stalking her then when she was challenged she said she was in a fugue state? I can only assume her new partner isn’t following her on twitter.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Whatever did happen to her university course? I was reading here when the Diva mag article came out and then lost track.

Was it ever mentioned again?
She had to postpone as she couldn't fit it around her social media addiction.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
'What rate do you calculate, woman with no expertise in statistics or background in Mathematics? What rate Jack? What are your 4.5 GCSE's telling you? You are THE literal expert so please tell us' 🙂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
More from our green Squig.

View attachment 1191096
I agree with this. Jack is the acceptable face of poverty in the UK - for the middle class. Well educated, presents herself well, doesn’t present as ‘crazy’ so doesn’t represent the negative aspects of all of the ailments that she claims to have. If she was unemployed, living on a council estate she wouldn’t have the support that she has.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I was going to say this yesterday. I do understand that the school system fails people at times but she’s got an IQ of 154 and four and a half GCSEs? Ok then.

Ive never done an IQ test because even the ones online confuse me (that’s the truth). But I’m currently doing my 4th uni qualification (sounds much more impressive than it is). If she wanted to get back into education there are always ways.

It suits her narrative not to have many qualifications. It’s part of the sob story.

Reactions: 44
Screenshot 2022-04-13 12.55.09.png

FBPE Twitter needs to be shut down until we can figure out what the hell is going on.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.