Jack Monroe #284 Jack 'Doesn't turn up to every Twitter fight' Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if I’ve missed this on my mini-grunk but do we know the timeline for her getting together with LJC vs the timeline for moving into the not-crappy bungalow? I can find articles as far back as 2018 talking about bungalow but I don’t know if there’s more than one or when the move happened.

As she’s now implying she’s trapped there because of LJC I was just trying to work out whether she would have moved there with LJC or if she was there pre-LJC?

Reactions: 23
In fact in the Portillo thing, whether you agree with him or not his language was perfectly respectful - it sounded like Jack got defensive and made it all about her (like she always does) - describing being pregnant as 'getting up the duff'. Lovely.

The 'legs closed' comment seems as factually correct as her calling Boris a liar.
I think both times she said those comments mentally, isn't that like ingredients the same but different.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Apologies if I’ve missed this on my mini-grunk but do we know the timeline for her getting together with LJC vs the timeline for moving into the not-crappy bungalow? I can find articles as far back as 2018 talking about bungalow but I don’t know if there’s more than one or when the move happened.

As she’s now implying she’s trapped there because of LJC I was just trying to work out whether she would have moved there with LJC or if she was there pre-LJC?
She lived in the first bungalow when she met LJC and was hobbling on her stick. They got the crappy bungalow as Jack seemed to be able to walk and use stairs again all of a sudden.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
See, he didn’t say anything of the sort.

And I agree with him, to a degree. It is in a child’s best interests that where possible, they enter a stable and loving home that can support them emotionally and financially. This isn’t always possible, of course, however we are in a position where we do have choices in life (such as to use contraception, which yes I know can fail, but that’s one of the the exceptions). Children born into financial or emotional poverty will not get their needs met as effectively. I think Jack is well aware of this, hence her defensiveness to the comment.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
She gives 100 plus meals x 3 to her local community fridges? I don’t believe a word of this. I assume she pays for all these meals from her advance? Absolutely absurd. Why would you need to cook the grim slop she makes 100 times?🤣🤣🤣.

I do so much for the poors Jack. Aye so you do you absolute rocket.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
I doubt she gets child maintenance as I doubt she’s the resident parent.

ETA and I very much doubt MP said anything of the sort (to her face) - as if!
He didn’t say that. Someone actually dug out the video of that TV appearance on here a while back.

Reactions: 31
Here's some of the This Week programme. It doesn't show shut your legs gate but seems to just be the tail end of the show.

Ah interestingly(ish) this is a different episode. 2019, whereas Portillo snarled at her to keep her legs shut in 2015 🙄. Now if someone had been that rude to me there is no way a few years later I would agree to be on a programme with them. Giggling and teeheeing with them. No bleeping way.

And yet again the flipflopping with her. She was semi defending chucking liquids at politicians, as long as they were nasty politicians. Until it was pointed out that liquid could be acid.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Has Jack ever mentioned donating all her test recipes to her local community fridge before tonight ?

• Sad
Reactions: 49
Has Jack ever mentioned donating all her test recipes to her local community fridge before tonight ?
I have Deja vu, especially the “they don’t know it’s meeeee!” Part. So I think so.

ETA though I think it was donations of del monte tins. But same pattern, collected from her etc.

Reactions: 33
Nope, and you know there’d be photos if she did. How would she even manage bulk cooking out of her £10 p/w Asda budget?

Reactions: 36
Also, re that squig who said Jack’s latest company accounts* showed only £7,500 assets. That doesn’t mean much, as it’s a balance sheet snapshot of the date at which the accounts are done. It doesn’t show how much money has come in and been paid out over the accounting period.

* obviously rather old now since she’s not filed updates (or, presumably, paid tax) for at least two years.

Reactions: 34
The brass neck of her to think that if they knew who made it they’d a) know or b) care.
I do think people should be warned those grubby fingernails have been near their dinner. Fortunately this is all fantasy and no one is having this slop foisted upon them.

Ah interestingly(ish) this is a different episode. 2019, whereas Portillo snarled at her to keep her legs shut in 2015 🙄. Now if someone had been that rude to me there is no way a few years later I would agree to be on a programme with them. Giggling and teeheeing with them. No bleeping way.

And yet again the flipflopping with her. She was semi defending chucking liquids at politicians, as long as they were nasty politicians. Until it was pointed out that liquid could be acid.
Ah well spotted on the date. Yes, it's a very good example of Jack trying to ride two horses with one arse and failing miserably.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Well she has never mentioned testing more than once let alone three times. Wasn't 'one and done' the proud claim to Matt?
And last night she talked about her sossidge pasta monstrosity going into the cookbook (not the poverty book she appears to be writing simultaneously) after concocting it the day before. She's only blathering on about testing as we talked about it here.
And as for poor Geoff who liked her steak goulash. Thoughts and prayers pal. We hear you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Re her claim that she’s donating cooked food to the local Community Fridge. Is she really? 🤔
Because as far as I know those places have very strict rules about what can be donated (for food safety reasons, obviously), and they DON’T accept home cooked food unless you are registered e.g. you run a food business which supplies food to the public and have a food hygiene rating etc.
Hubbub runs many of the Community Fridges, for example, and that’s their policy.
I suspect this is just Jack playing her bleeding martyr card (look how much she does for The Poors, and for no payment, bless ‘er heart, etc etc ad nauseam).

• Heart
Reactions: 94
Also the other thing I wonder about is how she bangs on about how she had a good job but left, because of hours etc with nothing to fall back on.

The whole thing sits uneasy with me, I know many career mum's who are desperate to be able to be a stay at home mum with their babies but unable to due to lifestyle, ie big houses, rents, cars. They wouldn't be able to do it on a smaller or benefit wage.

The fact she chucked it in without even trying to find at least a partime job to tide her over until her benefits kicked in always makes me wonder, if she did play into the Tory stereotype. I will leave work and get£££ for doing nowt and then the rude awakening happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.