Jack Monroe #284 Jack 'Doesn't turn up to every Twitter fight' Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
still up, chatting to her celeb pals. the unavailabile tweet seems to be Tory Kevin's original tweet

View attachment 1187648
View attachment 1187649
View attachment 1187650
'Big fan of your work' 🤮 These bluetickers are all completely nauseating.
Apropos of absolutely nothing to do with this, what was it Spike Milligan called Prince Charles when he was sucking up to him? Oh yes - 'a grovelling little b*stard'.

Ah and she admits 'most' of her 100 hrs work is 'helping people on here'. Again for those at the back. Fannying around on twitter Is. Not. Work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
The job-for-life didn't last....erm....much longer than the life of a hamster .

And I don't believe anyone said "should've kept your legs shut". They probably said something like..."do you feel you were ready for a child?"

If it was on a TV show, there's the potential to track it down. Jack, be a dear and tell me what programme it was.

• Haha
Reactions: 60

And I don't believe anyone said "should've kept your legs shut". They probably said something like..."do you feel you were ready for a child?"

If it was on a TV show, there's the potential to track it down. Jack, be a dear and tell me what programme it was.
Yeah I thought it was implied it was Portillo who said it? I might have just imagined.
Hello chaos, our old friend
You’ve come to extend bedtime for me again

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
F me she's buddying up to Deborah off Dragon's Den. Close your DMs quick Debs, or she'll be onto you about her idea for the alcohol-free, only slightly alcoholic kombucha business

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
My issue isn’t what she’s saying her rent is. It’s the fact that she’s saying she’s poor. She isn’t poor. She is also deceiving people because she’s not paying her rent. Her followers are. I’m
aware that rental costs down south are much higher than up North but she’s raking in a fortune every month for doing nothing.

Also. I would assume that she gets maintenance for her son as well. I just don’t believe she’s being honest about her finances. How much she’s worth. In fact I know she isn’t. She’s a liar

Didnt she get the option to part buy a flat when she was working for the fire service and she didn’t do it? Also as has been said before I’m sure when things were really dire for her she could have put her name down for social housing and again I’m aware that’s in short supply but I’m sorry. She lies so much I don’t believe a single word she says.

Her family have property and she’s skint?
I agree that she's not at all honest about her earnings but round here you can pay that amount for rent and be considered poor due to the percentage of earnings spent on rent. I also agree she's deceiving people though and some (a lot unfortunately) are falling for it and actually it's making them not see people that are truly struggling. I think she also makes things up as she goes along to try to cover her tracks. I wonder if she doesn't get maintenance for her son as I suspect he maybe lives with his dad and visits Jack. Just a hunch I have. Might be wrong though.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

She's trotted out this story before. It was supposedly on This Week and they couldn't broadcast our firey pixies angry response, chiefly because it didn't bleeping happen. There is no way the words should've kept your legs shut were used.

ETA: This is how the exchange was reported at the time. No mention of shut your legs but she claims she called Portillo a "cunting tit" and everyone clapped and cheered.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
She's trotted out this story before. It was supposedly on This Week and they couldn't broadcast our firey pixies angry response, chiefly because it didn't bleeping happen. There is no way the words should've kept your legs shut were used.
Is mikemate on twitter? Wonder if he could be tagged in that for a response?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
"Hypothetical Scottish Move Jack" is slicing my banana 🍌 peel!

I have a strong and possibly sometimes unintelligible Scottish accent....and I'm pretty sure that .... Jacki types see it as a sign of...low intelligence, like we're quaint natives .

I'm imagining her and Harold sitting on the sofa, him weeping silently, thinking about Maureen, whilst Jack is frantically wanking her inane thoughts via Twitter

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
In fact in the Portillo thing, whether you agree with him or not his language was perfectly respectful - it sounded like Jack got defensive and made it all about her (like she always does) - describing being pregnant as 'getting up the duff'. Lovely.

The 'legs closed' comment seems as factually correct as her calling Boris a liar.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

ETA: This is how the exchange was reported at the time. No mention of shut your legs but she claims she called Portillo a "cunting tit" and everyone clapped and cheered.

When I get back to work, I'm going to look this show up. "Box of Broadcasts" has a huge archive of British tv shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Costing ... testing .... tweeting photos of ugly pasta and acting like a twit. There, fixed it for her. 100 hours a week on twitter and your followers pay your rent you moron.

Every single dish she makes looks so ugly. I would rather eat packet noodles on their own than a single thing she makes.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.