Jack Monroe #284 Jack 'Doesn't turn up to every Twitter fight' Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Go to bed, Jack. You've got a day of mass deleting ahead of you tomorrow

View attachment 1187698
Dear reader: she’s making 100 dishes, 3 times, so 300 dishes, each serving 4-6 people, so between 1,200 and 1,800 portions. She’s later said she packages them all up in plastic tubs and writes allergens on them in RED BLOCK CAPITALS.
None of these dishes will contain chicken stock because despite accidentally buying 600 stock cubes, they’re all so out of date that she couldn’t give them to a local food bank or community kitchen; nor could she make soup with them and pass that on. (Tweets about those cubes since deleted).
So, so insulting and insensitive to mention Nazanin Zagari Ratcliffe in this (my most hated) game of make believe.
Jack Monroe I hope you find an ounce of decency and delete this horrible tweet.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
I was expecting a sock to post the Patreon or PayPal link or at least ask Jack how they can help so she can bashfully do something she "never" does and share it.

She is covering the tax thing beautifully. I'd probably be taken in by the whole thing if there hadn't been so much conspicuous consumption over the last few weeks. Like, people are allowed to have nice things but don't pretend you can't have the heating on enough for your arthritis when you're spending 100s on unnecessary "Stuff"

Like that she had addressed the three freezers thing.

Would love to hear from the community fridge about the 100s of meals she donates each month.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Too much to say, so I will focus on this.

Jack pretends she knows tit. She doesn’t. She makes tit up and in doing so could actually harm people with her advice. Fish and pineapple being an example.

She is always too exhausted to explain the “science” but the truth of the matter is that she knows precisely nothing about the “science”. If she admitted this and signposted people about where to go to find the answer, everyone would be safer.

Salt water does not kill 99% of bacteria on veg or fruit if you wash it. That is 100% bull. Vinegar kills more than salt water but the % is unclear. The best method is to double up with using vinegar then hydrogen peroxide then rinsing with water.

Is she on Lorraine today- I thought it was tomorrow?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
A frau posted Wednesday for Super Savers.

She was saying that water and salt would remove pesticides from banana skins. I have googled and come across results supporting this. I would not want to eat them. I wondered if she gave out this advice when providing recipes containing banana skin. I did not want to look on her website. She has put them on porridge in the past. I don't remember reading this advice then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
Surely she should be telling squigs to buy organic bananas if they want to eat fried (in old fishy oil presumably) banana skin? Poor SB having to eat that greasy stodgy crap "regularly" (except not really as she's lying for attention again).

Steak Ghoulash? For the Poors? (In the style of Old Chief).

Reactions: 34
Just thinking about poor SB, when he stays at his mums he's forced to watch Disney plus on a phone as she doesn't have a TV (apart from when they watch Netflix together, presumably on one of her many laptops/computers).

I bet she thinks she gets extra parenting points for not having a TV as she's just a mumsnetter at heart.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Just calculated the calories in the courgette feta pasta, only to compare with the tuna pasta yesterday. The ingredients that she used for the costing of the Tuna pasta added up to just under 350 cals, her self claimed inadequate courgette pasta added up to just under 600 cals. Just saying...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Anyone know why Jack might have 2 water bills? I’m not disputing this as a thing but I’ve personally never experienced it. One that’s £16 and another that’s £54ish - odd that she remembered the £16 one for her forensic list of costs but forgot about the £54 one 🤷‍♀️
The only reason I could think is arrears from a previously not paid water bill.
If you get your water supply and waste water from two places - you get two bills - I had that. The more expensive one is the waste water because of the treatment costs (when they aren’t just putting it in the rivers)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
A frau posted Wednesday for Super Savers.

She was saying that water and salt would remove pesticides from banana skins. I have googled and come across results supporting this. I would not want to eat them. I wondered if she gave out this advice when providing recipes containing banana skin. I did not want to look on her website. She has put them on porridge in the past. Did she give out this health advice then?
Salt water does remove some of the pesticides.

She is right in that respect.

But we need to think that

a) salt water is not that effective at removing the pesticides as other methods (vinegar is better).

b) why would you eat the peel as well late at night? Surely the whole point of peel recipes is to use it up in other things (curries) once you have eaten your bananas?

Nothing she does makes sense.

Just calculated the calories in the courgette feta pasta, only to compare with the tuna pasta yesterday. The ingredients that she used for the costing of the Tuna pasta added up to just under 350 cals, her self claimed inadequate courgette pasta added up to just under 600 cals. Just saying...
Porridge was a photo opp in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
FFS her rebuttal to pasta man is lead story on The Poke ATM. The levels of self satisfaction will be off the charts in the crappy bungalow this morning

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Their phones must have the best data I have ever. Imagine watching Disney + on the reg because even if she doesn't watch it with him he probably is and then all her work and twittering. It must cost a fortune.
Just thinking about poor SB, when he stays at his mums he's forced to watch Disney plus on a phone as she doesn't have a TV (apart from when they watch Netflix together, presumably on one of her many laptops/computers).

I bet she thinks she gets extra parenting points for not having a TV as she's just a mumsnetter at heart.

Reactions: 28
Just posting to say that however objectionable I find Jack I prefer her any day over Kevin the Tory. 😁 what an absolute bellend he is.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I mentioned previously waiting on PIP referral for my OH… and due to his rapidly decreasing health am seriously thinking it might be best if he just doesn’t go back to work with or without any support. My salary will be just above what Jack is quoting tonight (after taxes) and I’m grateful it is actually a good salary. Right now I am still in a very fortunate position financially due to various savings but I’m thinking more “what if” we end up in bother financially. It won’t be her advice I would turn to. I know right now I am in a lucky position but can see how if we lose an income we will have to make loads of cut backs and potentially have to ask for family support which I wouldn’t want to do but I’m fortunate that I have supportive family as does OH
If he is signed off sick and has paid enough NI over the past 3 years he can claim contribution based ESA which is a miserly amount of about £330 a month but it is better than nothing.

Reactions: 23
She must have unlimited data and fantastic coverage to be able to hotspot Disney and Netflix streaming. Jack, which provider are you with? Two slops for EE, three rants for O2!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.