Jack Monroe #284 Jack 'Doesn't turn up to every Twitter fight' Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by @Orphan_Black
Nomination by @Brian Butterfield

In the previous thread, we were all collectively still reeling from Jack admitting she hasn't paid her taxes.

She started a fight over pasta with some horrid little chap named Kevin.

The lights are OFF
The begging bowl is OUT
The tax is OVERDUE

The next book is possibly about poverty but also Celery. Someone post a better recap below, it's been a while and I'm rusty 👍

Edit! Forgot to mention the wiki for new readers! It's pink and it's up there somewhere, click it if you want ⤴

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 84
Thank you for the new thread! She has gained 1 Patron a few hours ago (to 724) but let’s see how the paypigs react to the latest grift…

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Quoting across threads:
Playing the dangerous game of assuming she's telling the truth, Jack is council tax band G. (If go by paying 10 monthly installments)

I am a poor in band B
Southend CC's charges are slightly higher than those figures, by a few hundred pounds, which would place her in F, by her figures. But as she lives alone, she'd get a 25% reduction on that, which she hasn't included in her quest to prove how high her outgoings are.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I may have my simultaneous equations and Boolean algebra wrong at this time of night, but the Twitter rubbish suggests that Jack thinks her monthly.income is basically the same as the lowest Patreon number.

This must mean that any media work (TV, radio, podcasts, columns, even books) are all free! Or donated to charidee. I smell something is off and I'm not talking about the content of Kebab Cat's litter tray.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
C575649C-A92D-42F0-9DA4-3DD534F55BF0.jpeg

At least two generations of her family have benefitted from “investing” in property tho?

A £800k house with a <£500 pcm mortgage isn’t a mortgage for the full or partial value of that home. That’ll be someone who has a £1/200k mortgage due to affordability calcs and had the rest gifted to them. Probs a sibling hence the bitterness.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 90
Thanks @Switchstreetz

Jack is still trying to go viral by any means necessary. And she still hasn't paid her taxes. Ailments wheeled out in the last thread include long concussion and the disappearing/reappearing arthritis. Deployed as needed as a Twitter argument trump card.

Sympathy Points 100
Morals -1
Cooking Skills 2

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
I'm still cross with her for suggesting that apparently we aren't clever enough to survive bring poor that without her " forensic knowledge," we would all be dead.

She is so patronising it'd unreal, even if I did think a good thing I would be insulted by that tweet. Yes we cant just eat boring old pasta but you have no authority to tell someone they don't know how to live.

No one does! She's not better than a Tory in my opinion a Tory in poor people's clothing!

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I’m really confused. Poor Tory Kevin has just said what Jack has been saying for 10 years which is to use cheap pasta to cook a meal and he has been called all sorts.

the same Jack monroe who went on This Morning and said don’t think about where the sausages in her recipe came from.

the same Jack monroe, director of on a bootstrap LTD who hasn’t paid tax since 2019

she is a truth twister of gargantuan proportions.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
Quoting across threads:

Southend CC's charges are slightly higher than those figures, by a few hundred pounds, which would place her in F, by her figures. But as she lives alone, she'd get a 25% reduction on that, which she hasn't included in her quest to prove how high her outgoings are.
So she’s basically admitted to be earning in the range of 120-160k?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Hey Jacksie.
You said you watch iplayer in one of your ranty tweets tonight.
You need a TV licence btw, even for catch-up. Mr licence fee catcher will be knocking on your door soon. All good though innit, to add that £1000 fine to outstanding taxes you owe. Helps the poor.
Ps: genuinely wondering apart from 1gJ, if LJC has found a new squeeze, hence epic narc rage meltdown.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Tell you what. If there’s any academic fraus or herrs knocking about looking for a research topic there must be good funding to be had for a study in why Poles are such a healthy nation. No need to even carry out the study; it’s because of all the nutritional value hiding in a kielbasa, they are little powerhouses filled with all the stuff you can’t get in either vegan food OR supplements. Someone should get on this.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
So she’s basically admitted to be earning in the range of 120-160k?
No I think it works out at about £30k a year. With something near £140 disposable income per month. That’s 1.4 grandad caps in Jackenomics. Or 140kg of rice.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I’m really confused. Poor Tory Kevin has just said what Jack has been saying for 10 years which is to use cheap pasta to cook a meal and he has been called all sorts.

the same Jack monroe who went on This Morning and said don’t think about where the sausages in her recipe came from.

the same Jack monroe, director of on a bootstrap LTD who hasn’t paid tax since 2019

she is a truth twister of gargantuan proportions.
Well exactly this. I can't say I'm a big Kevin fan but he's willing to stand up and openly say he's a Tory and argue his corner. Jack on the other hand is an appalling greedy hypocrite who should be driven out of the left. I actually experience something approaching physical pain when I see an otherwise sensible left wing person praise Jack. She's a total fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
How can a person be forensic about the cost of living crisis, including full knowledge of the price of rinsed beans for 10 years, but not know how much their council tax is WHEN THE BILLS HAVE JUST BEEN ISSUED? #jackmaths

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.