Jack Monroe #284 Jack 'Doesn't turn up to every Twitter fight' Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oops, I may have done a mini chaos! I had it in my head that yesterday was Tuesday, so I thought the aneurysm was this morning šŸ™ˆ

all days are interchangeable

also, I said I thought Tory Kevin's tweet was deleted - turns out I'd already blocked him!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
She must have unlimited data and fantastic coverage to be able to hotspot Disney and Netflix streaming. Jack, which provider are you with? Two slops for EE, three rants for O2!
We couldnā€™t watch Covenant* on Wi-Fi without it buffering because I was secretly also watching the Split because, well Nicola Mrs T was downloading work stuff so her hotspots must be hotter than our rage after a Twitter rant.

*Disclaimer: Our Disney is watched at our house but is free for three months due to phone deal.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Jack advised Parliament that the war in Ukraine meant food prices would go up? Well thank duck for her forensic analysis of the situation šŸ˜‚ Completely bloody obvious to everyone.

And she's never getting a 'gong'. Tax dodgers are barred from getting them.
I remember now, when she was sat at the back sniffing and the security guard bowed as she entered! The way she words things throws me, itā€™s like she was asked to be main speaker. Thank you Fraus for your forensic knowledge, my brain wasnā€™t working past 10pm, the lights were definitely off x

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
If you get your water supply and waste water from two places - you get two bills - I had that. The more expensive one is the waste water because of the treatment costs (when they arenā€™t just putting it in the rivers)
I pay two different suppliers and the waste water bill really pisses me off because the river I work on is absolutely full of sewage. Itā€™s disgusting.

Back to Jack - she has the best data package Iā€™ve ever seen.

Reactions: 28
Wake up everyone! Sheā€™s up!

ETA we need to head over to the blog.

EETA- she didnā€™t come up with ā€˜white wingā€™ did she?

F851C7E5-5F94-4A44-8ECC-485A9C5296A3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
I thought it was really time consuming/difficult to put things on her blog?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I thought it was really time consuming/difficult to put things on her blog?
It's different when she sniffs an opportunity to go viral.

Her behaviour last night reminded me of last year, before she disappeared for her "treatment." Up until all hours, arguing the toss, making wild claims at light speed, becoming ever cockier with each subsequent tweet.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Grunking but wanted to contribute my
šŸ”ŗļøSwitzerland used to (may still do) have a rule that in apartment blocks men weren't allowed to urinate standing up after 10pm, because it was a noise nuisance to neighbours. Maybe the crappy bungalow's landlord took some inspiration from Schweiz Fraulein when crafting the 3 year no-break-clause tenancy agreement.
I had a friend tell me recently that when she lived in Switzerland there was a no flushing your toilet rule in apartments after 10pm so this could driveline be true.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
I don't really like thinking about her parents' incomes/inheritance in relation to JM because, well, families are odd aren't they and them being well off doesn't mean they have to share that with their kids. However, I find it odd that Jack is out there saying she has Ā£140 pcm to feed her and their grandson on, and her dad went round there recently to performatively present her with... A watch. A WATCH! Not a cheque, or a month's shop. Does the maverick brain run in the family?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Wake up everyone! Sheā€™s up!

ETA we need to head over to the blog.

EETA- she didnā€™t come up with ā€˜white wingā€™ did she?

View attachment 1188041
Sheā€™s always so reductive when she tries to delineate racial and sociopolitical divides. Thereā€™s plenty of non-white right wingers, and plenty of white liberals. Does she really claim to come up with the shorthand of ā€˜white-wingā€™?
Yippee, a new Thing has been written.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
Where is this cheap Scottish place sheā€™s going to rent - Edinburgh or some tottie wee village with a once a week bus service and NO ASDA!

So sheā€™s cooking hundreds of meals a week on the quiet but sheā€™s too tired to cook and is only eating crisps. Is that right?
There are people near me who do this meal service thing, Iā€™ve never once seen Jack cook something appropriate for that.

• Heart
  • Sad
There is reference to it in this article from
2015. We need Marm here for proper receipts.

(I havenā€™t read the article- no idea about content- just trying to get a handle on her saying she coined the phrase)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Yes, Jack. White, Jack. Always white. As white asā€¦.asā€¦.I dunno, mayonnaise maybe? Remember that, Jack? We do.

8B72B427-987B-4D8D-BDC4-211A3352D5F2.jpeg

• Sad
  • Haha
iā€™m of the camp that thinks jack only quit the fire service because she thought they would beg her to stay and give her the hours she wanted , which is why she then tried to withdraw her resignation.

when I went back to work after my second ( having had 2 maternity leaves almost back to back) I applied for adapted hours around my available childcare, which meant I ended up working evening shifts and weekends ie opposite shifts to their dad and my mum. But I know colleagues who asked for mon- fri school hours and got told no, because there is an understanding that the role involved shifts. The employer only has to make reasonable adjustments, and I got the feeling Jacks requests were not reasonable
I was in a non-clinical NHS role when I had my baby around the same time as Jack and my request for working PT was turned down. I ended up using the leave I had accrued during a high risk pregnancy to work shorter days for a year instead.

Around that time in the public sector, the pressure to 'do more with less' was on. My team of 8 became a team of 4 over the 3 years after I came back from mat leave, and the individual workload increased while pay was frozen. When people left, they weren't replaced. If people went part time, those hours were lost to the department and not reallocated or recruited to. By the time my child was 6, I had had three people's jobs reallocated on top of mine, still no payrise, and was fully burnt out. So aside from the fact they were probably not sad to see Jack go, I suspect it helped them meet cost efficiency targets to lose a post from the establishment as well.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Go to the shop and get more then no?

She actually said yesterday she is just about coping financially, aren't well all pet.

Go out get a drink and a cheap pack of molllys or something. Getting out of the house might clear your head and set you up for the day.

Also is she planning on going out anywhere this Easter half term. Her SB must he a little Saint because my kids are already climbing the walls with unused energy. I have had to take them out to do something every day. ( Mostly free, tiring out things, as they had their Easter trips out last week,)

• Heart
Reactions: 35
* I do think people should be warned those grubby fingernails have been near their dinner. Fortunately this is all fantasy and no one is having this slop foisted upon them*

Community groups/ foodbanks etc have really strict rules around food because of hygiene and safety reasons. Most won't accept food cooked in people's homes because you have no idea how they have been cooked or stored so you could end up with an outbreak of food poisoning.

I'm enjoying the grunk on yesterday's chaos, let's summarise.

1 Jack slams Tory MP for saying poor people should eat cheap pasta.
2 Jack then makes a 60p pasta dish for dinner.
3 Jack then realises the pasta dish actually cost Ā£2000+ to make because of the hidden costs like Ā£1500 rent to have a house to cook in.
4 After telling people for years they can eat well on her food she admits her pasta dish is lacking nutrition and calories and leaves her so hungry she has to have a bowl of gruel with banana skin a couple of hours later.
4 Jack posts a list of her outgoings which she claims cost 94% of her income. Assuming those essential bills are around Ā£2000 then that leaves Ā£120 for everything else.

In the last couple of months she has bought Doc Martens, a pigskin hat, loads of rusty cutlery, a rucksack full of assorted animal body parts, 2 weekends away including travel to Liverpool and a tour of the stadium that can't be cheap, bought a Chinese takeaway and 4 plant burgers in day.

I can't wait for the moneysaving book because I would love to be able to spread Ā£120 so far.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.