Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will she actually go out with that boy these holidays? They never seem to do much together (apart from Liverpool trip and that was with his dad). Never up to London to go to exhibitions or museums he might enjoy. Or Legoland. Or anywhere.
Friend: "Oh hello SB old top, what did you do in the hols?"
SB: "Not much, Mamapapa was playing with all my toys again and has burned all my books due to feuding with all my favourite writers so I mostly looked out the window and helped out with poo crises"
Friend: Oh.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
In this case, it's because she could have just answered directly instead of performatively quote tweeting someone else's reply which she added nothing to. And *then* quote tweets her own reply in order to answer the original tweet, a couple of hours later. It's all just for the likes.
I couldn't put my finger on it and it's exactly this! Narcs gotta narc 🥴

Reactions: 34
I couldn't put my finger on it and it's exactly this! Narcs gotta narc 🥴
It's basically Jack saying 'erm.......I posted about this ALREADY Twitter. I don't know why you weren't paying attention but erm HELLO'

And it makes me do one of my depressingly large sighs. Honestly I sound like a bleeping deflating balloon when I read back these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Don't want to derail but I love half a tablespoon of mincemeat stirred into plain porridge (half water, half milk). Kinda like a mince pie porridge. Well nice ☺
Bets are on for Jack stealing your idea which sounds delicious.
I like oats a lot and porridge is a staple in Scotland and Sweden. I do find it quite filling but I have IBS so it doesn't take much to make me feel full. I like to add seasonal fruits, flaxseed powder and grated dark chocolate to my porridge.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Friend: "Oh hello SB old top, what did you do in the hols?"
SB: "Not much, Mamapapa was playing with all my toys again and has burned all my books due to feuding with all my favourite writers so I mostly looked out the window and helped out with poo crises"
Friend: Oh.
SB: But I did have some jolly scrummy porridge with cooking bacon and treacle for lunch one day. And I polished a goat leg bone into a Samurai Sword

• Haha
Reactions: 44
This was so dumb. Farts do not give you appendicitis. Your appendix gives you appendicitis when it decides to be a lil witch for attention, seeing as it’s useless otherwise. Much like Jack in fact. She’s the appendix of society. Causes a lot of trouble even though she’s bleeping useless.
This is perfect for the next thread title!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Once again, I am in the grunk zone but why does she have to be so weird about SB's stuff?

My wee girl turns 13 this year. She loves the Harry Potter sets, but I got her the flowers for her birthday last year because I thought she'd like building them with my husband (he loves Lego, even though he's in his 50s). They had a nice time and all, but they're an absolute pain in the arse to display anywhere because they're very top heavy and awkward. I'm just going to get her another HP set this year because at least it fits on a shelf.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Adding to what @TheDragonWithAFlagon said earlier about SB. Jack's buys him the cheapest of the cheap quality food but buys herself premium stuff. That hurts when you are young.

When I was a child, we got no frills Kwiksave food. My mum had eke meals out of that crap for her and her kids whilst my narc father drank premium brand booze, brand name ready meals and brand name chocolate bars. He kept the chocolate locked up too which only made us want it more/feel worthless. I remember when I got my first job (paperround) I bought a ton of sweets which we binged on and later puked up. It also nade us secretive around him for fear of criticism or having things confiscated. You can't be yourself around a narc and you can't relax because you are constantlyon edge. I really hope she has not done that to her son

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 80
try oat milk, it makes it creamier than just water (if that appeals to you). when i drank dairy milk i made my porridge with water as too much milk made me feel ill (🤔), now that ive switched to oat milk i use it instead.
can't believe im gonna agree with jack but peanut butter is really nice in porridge!
I have oat milk and almond milk on cereal and love it. I can't stomach it in porridge. Vanilla soya yoghurt and bananas 😋 even Mr 'EllsBells will occasionally partake of a bowl of that. 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Adding to what @TheDragonWithAFlagon said earlier about SB. Jack's buys him the cheapest of the cheap quality food but buys herself premium stuff. That hurts when you are young.

When I was a child, we got no frills Kwiksave food. My mum had eke meals out of that crap for her and her kids whilst my narc father drank premium brand booze, brand name ready meals and brand name chocolate bars. He kept the chocolate locked up too which only made us want it more/feel worthless. I remember when I got my first job (paperround) I bought a ton of sweets which we binged on and later puked up. It also nade us secretive around him for fear of criticism or having things confiscated. You can't be yourself around a narc and you can't relax because you are constantlyon edge. I really hope she has not done that to her son
Thank you for sharing this perspective, it's such an important point in all this. Poor SB.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
View attachment 1172493

Started out with the intention of complimenting Jack on saying something sensible and by the time I got the the bottom of the page to start typing out the post she'd reverted to type and started being a total cock again. Amazing. Still, I think I might set up my own Teemill called 'The 35 seconds when Jack Monroe wasn't a twit' and sell loads of merch with that Tweet on it, to commemorate this glorious occasion.
She's only chill with it now because she's realized everyone is catching on to her being on one long publicly funded holiday!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.