Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish Jack hadn’t bought goat :(

I’m always really interested at the idea of “deadnaming” Jack. I know she has tenuously linked her name change to being trans but I really see it as a manoeuvre similar to that of a conman. I perceive that she was trying to escape any notoriety from being a twit in her early, varied employment, and to avoid being connected with her well-known father in her local area. Especially when trying to make her name as a povvo.

The way she uses variations of her name (e.g. wheeling out Xatzinikolas on her Facebook and those therapy blogs) where it suits her also smacks of those unsavoury sorts you see on Crimewatch “Andrew Smith also known as David Smith and Andrew Jones” etc.

I’m not a twit so I’m not gonna use her old name but I’m always intrigued that it’s one thing people still seem to get quite defensive about here. In my eyes she’s got deceit written right through her like a stick of rock, and the name change is part of that.
I see it less as defensive, more as respectful if I'm honest. until I joined these forums I didn't know that Jack had changed her name by deed poll, and whilst I agree with you that she's as insincere as they come and I wouldn't believe her if she said the sky was blue; if she's legally changed her name, then Jack Monroe is her name.
I have a Greek first and last name that is difficult for people to pronounce (heaven knows why - it is fairly straightforward) but since starting school almost 40 years ago, people have got my name wrong. Colleagues who I've worked with for years still mispronounce my name. My partner went through a phase of calling me an abbreviated version of my name and his friends called me an abbreviation of that. As a result I felt at times like my identity was diminished and I'm very sensitive about people naming others correctly. I've pulled people for mispronouncing my name, my siblings names and even colleagues names, so I'm very much with the majority here.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Smattering of sugar? Apple, treacle, brown sugar, I don’t think so
She doesn't have a clue about nutrition as has been evidenced time and again. It's almost as if she would benefit from some education and a qualification in this area...🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Also, I have been trying to count the 4 types of protein in this slop, as stated by our Jackie.

So far, I have got
1) (tit cooking) bacon
2) peanuts in the PB and chopped nuts
3)……?
4)……?

What am I missing??

Thank(space)you
Most people increasing their protein will deliberately have oats and make it with milk or milk alternative- milk is secretly really good for you (as long as you don't have milk intolerances).

In this recipe, I think she's counting it as:
1- oats
2- bacon
3- peanut butter
4- nuts

I'm a nutritionist and will often recommend to clients who want to improve their diets to make a giant batch of oats with a milk alternative, and peanut butter and leave it in the fridge and scoop out bits every morning and add their fun thing of choice-berries/bananas/bacon. I do actually like the stewed apples or peaches and some crunchy bits like chopped nuts or toasted seeds. She makes everything sound so unappealing because I'm never going to convince people to eat some nice healthy oats when they see her monstrosity.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I wish Jack hadn’t bought goat :(

I’m always really interested at the idea of “deadnaming” Jack. I know she has tenuously linked her name change to being trans but I really see it as a manoeuvre similar to that of a conman. I perceive that she was trying to escape any notoriety from being a twit in her early, varied employment, and to avoid being connected with her well-known father in her local area. Especially when trying to make her name as a povvo.

The way she uses variations of her name (e.g. wheeling out Xatzinikolas on her Facebook and those therapy blogs) where it suits her also smacks of those unsavoury sorts you see on Crimewatch “Andrew Smith also known as David Smith and Andrew Jones” etc.

I’m not a twit so I’m not gonna use her old name but I’m always intrigued that it’s one thing people still seem to get quite defensive about here. In my eyes she’s got deceit written right through her like a stick of rock, and the name change is part of that.
For me, I do it out of respect for other trans people who would find deadnaming traumatic.

I completely agree that Jack's flirtation with using old variations of her name and also stating she changed the full thing because it's "foreign sounding" or because she wanted a "fresh start" puts her on shakey ground. So I do it in spite of her, not because of her. And tbf she's gone back to variations of her second name but AFAIK not her first name. But I still don't want someone dipping her toe in the thread and seeing us use her old name and getting the wrong end of the stick.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She probably doesn't count treacle as sugar. Because she's thick.
So is treacle!

Pretending to be a dietician/ nutritionist again I see despite parking the course needed to achieve a qualification eh
I don't believe her rehab was a good one. Try finding decent stats on its recovery rates. You won't. It's for wealthy people, staffed by a bunch of imaginatively-qualified shysters.
I thought that too when reading up on the staff. Isn't one an actor too? They let Jack write articles for them after she'd been in rehab for mere months. I wonder if they felt her sleb status would be a draw to potential new clients.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
I've just seen this story on Twitter - Jacksie's new 'OH' better take note. Although after seeing what our fave slopgibbon is posting today, I'd say holding in your farts in this instance would be a medical impossibility. Either that or your head would explode from the build up of internal pressure ...🦉🍾
View attachment 1172714
This was so dumb. Farts do not give you appendicitis. Your appendix gives you appendicitis when it decides to be a lil witch for attention, seeing as it’s useless otherwise. Much like Jack in fact. She’s the appendix of society. Causes a lot of trouble even though she’s bleeping useless.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Screenshot_20220405-153845.png

So fudging rude. Replies turned off so no one can ask further questions. Seems like the squig was genuinely interested to know. And if the answer is relapse, then be straightforward about it. Ugh.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
I've just seen this story on Twitter - Jacksie's new 'OH' better take note. Although after seeing what our fave slopgibbon is posting today, I'd say holding in your farts in this instance would be a medical impossibility. Either that or your head would explode from the build up of internal pressure ...🦉🍾
View attachment 1172714
This reminds me of when I met my now husband and I wanted to be cool and delightful and a perfect girlfriend and I held them all in, all the time. It was months later he said that I was toot-tooting an awful lot when I was asleep 😂😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 60
For me, I do it out of respect for other trans people who would find deadnaming traumatic.

I completely agree that Jack's flirtation with using old variations of her name and also stating she changed the full thing because it's "foreign sounding" or because she wanted a "fresh start" puts her on shakey ground. So I do it in spite of her, not because of her. And tbf she's gone back to variations of her second name but AFAIK not her first name. But I still don't want someone dipping her toe in the thread and seeing us use her old name and getting the wrong end of the stick.
Yeah, I'm very much on the side of calling someone what they ask to be called, even if that makes no sense to you or its different to how they are known privately.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Jack is suspiciously quiet about the impending sale of Channel 4. Is she planning to buy it and then summon LJC to her office for a "needless to say I'm having the last laugh- AGAIN" revenge sacking?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
View attachment 1172838
So fudging rude. Replies turned off so no one can ask further questions. Seems like the squig was genuinely interested to know. And if the answer is relapse, then be straightforward about it. Ugh.
I have just realised that the array of tokens looks like the shimmery Benefit palette she used for her sink tap ouchy eye

ETA SS

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
One of the silly things she does that annoys me is quoting her own tweets in replies. I don't even know why it irks me so much 😂
In this case, it's because she could have just answered directly instead of performatively quote tweeting someone else's reply which she added nothing to. And *then* quote tweets her own reply in order to answer the original tweet, a couple of hours later. It's all just for the likes.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.