Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @People-huv-tae-know

Please remember no thread titles until the tail end of the thread and to add ‘thread title’ or ‘thread title nomination’. No swearing in them please.

Wiki is the pink button for newbies.

195D7C7D-5B61-48F1-97EE-D7AD72BEF639.jpeg
E7173E86-152F-40BE-BBD1-1E34802FDF13.jpeg
45C49063-C909-4A79-81F6-A2DC91328119.jpeg

9626B1C6-5898-45BF-967A-F76A788BEAA6.jpeg

5A9B3B40-A3C3-4DB6-BA02-1F7E964A6D24.jpeg

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
That’s not a gift from the Lego range I would reach for first for a 12 year old boy.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
I do wonder if the boy got any presents which he actually wanted. I don’t think I have ever looked at my kids presents like wow. I love this. I usually think god. More trough what am I gonna bin now? to store this new ornament that will sit in a corner for the next 3 years. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Being a big kid I love Lego and also buy it for my godson, goddaughter and nephews. If I bought them adult flower lego at 12 instead of a Marvel, gadgets, Ninjago, Disney, Harry Potter or one of other really fun sets aimed at pre teens they'd think I'd gone mad. If he really wanted it and was into flowers, fine but it just seems like another present for Jack to me, like the rock polisher

ETA - typos

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
The flowers Lego set would not be the first one I’d choice for someone of SB’s age. Sets like the space shuttle/Mustang/chess are the same price! Obviously the OH knows what Jack SB would want more than us though.

edit - I like how we’ve all thought the same at the same time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 52
That’s not a gift from the Lego range I would reach for first for a 12 year old boy.
I suppose they thought that as his mum was going to nick it off him anyway, they might as well get something Jack liked.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
I do wonder if the boy got any presents which he actually wanted. I don’t think I have ever looked at my kids presents like wow. I love this. I usually think god. More trough what am I gonna bin now? to store this new ornament that will sit in a corner for the next 3 years. 🙄
So strange isn't it?
SB's birthday -
Liverpool trip (all about Jack)
Rock tumbler (all about Jack)
Lego flowers (all about... well you get the drift).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
‘How to spend other people’s money on more stuff, all mine!’ - Monroe’s content creation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Being a big kid I love Lego and also buy it for my godson, goddaughter and nephews. If I bought them adult flower lego at 12 instead of a Marvel, gadgets, Ninjago, Disney, Harry Potter or one of other really fun sets aimed at pre teens they'd think I'd gone mad. If he really wanted it and was into flowers, fine it but just seems like another present for Jack to me like the rock polisher
I have looked at the friends edition for myself as I enjoy building my kids minecraft and Star Wars sets ;) I would never look on the website for a 12 year old and think. Yes flowers. He will love that.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Title by @People-huv-tae-know

Please remember no thread titles until the tail end of the thread and to add ‘thread title’ or ‘thread title nomination’. No swearing in them please.

Wiki is the pink button for newbies.

View attachment 1170563View attachment 1170564View attachment 1170565

View attachment 1170567

View attachment 1170574
The Lego will look banging in the hallway........said no-one EVER:confused:
I'm sorry but I wouldn't be happy with accepting over a grand's worth of earring for myself whilst my son got a £35 Lego flower bouquet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Also don’t like that this OH is a cheapskate when it comes to her kid?? £2.5k for Jack’s tit sterling silver earrings, big car, but £45 for her kid? I’d be pissed ngl.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
OH is super generous right? When was the first breadcrumbing of OH? Did their appearance coincide with tit merch grift? I mean since they’ve been around they’ve been slinging the dollar left right and centre. Never had an OH that’s been that generous that quickly. Lucky Jack and her special talents 🤨

• Heart
Reactions: 42
ASK ME ABOUT MY OH PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE ASK ME ABOUT MY OH but yeah look at this Lego ASK ME ABOUT MY OH

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
My kids love Lego. So far it's mostly marvel and other random sets that I constantly have to fix. 😜

Reactions: 25
It is obviously good parents show interest in their children's hobbies - but to completely hijack ( 🤭) them and make them all about you is the quickest way to drain any fun out. Poor kid. Not even allowed his David Walliams books.
(Those lego flowers are the oddest thing to give a twelve year old I've ever seen).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Lego flowers look tit. Why would a 12yo boy want that set when you can have Star Wars. I bloody love Lego, I’m DESPERATE for the McAllister Home Alone house set but it sells out the second it comes back in stock.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Her filthy, cruddy nails make me gyp. Who the heck would let those manky things go anywhere near food being cooked for them ? Imagine being in bed with them ?
Genuinely feeling sick here.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.