Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also the awful public outpouring of grief with kitten. Declaring kitten to have been the purist most unconditional love she had ever known and that her life was empty without it. Stuff like that must be appalling for your child to read.
which kitten :-(

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I love porridge but only made with water (genuine lactose intolerance not grifting for milk for cos play poverty). Add an apple or banana no sugar or honey added (simples). Porridge must not be messed around with. Peanut butter my a***.
try oat milk, it makes it creamier than just water (if that appeals to you). when i drank dairy milk i made my porridge with water as too much milk made me feel ill (🤔), now that ive switched to oat milk i use it instead.
can't believe im gonna agree with jack but peanut butter is really nice in porridge!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
View attachment 1172561

So the main nutrition in a bowl - the milk - is absent. Kids (and women) need calcium as well - and although there is debate between yer actual Vegans and not Vegans whether calcium from animal based sources can be absorbed, all that means is that the responsible dairy free parent uses a fortified milk alternative instead. And then they wouldn't be putting crappy scraps of pig on top.

What's in that saucer with a teaspoon is about a tablespoon of boiled oats, sugar, other sugar, scrapings from a grill pan and some more sugar. Bugger all calories and less nutrition.
Also, I have been trying to count the 4 types of protein in this slop, as stated by our Jackie.

So far, I have got
1) (tit cooking) bacon
2) peanuts in the PB and chopped nuts
3)……?
4)……?

What am I missing??

Thank(space)you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Also, I have been trying to count the 4 types of protein in this slop, as stated by our Jackie.

So far, I have got
1) (tit cooking) bacon
3)……?
4)……?

What am I missing??

Thank(space)you
Oats are a source of protein, in that they have protein in, moreso than most other cereals, but I wouldn't recommend them for someone seriously interested in increasing their protein intake

Reactions: 27
New to this thread so this might have been previously discussed but how does jack state they are non binary but still go by she/her, I thought nb meant you didn’t fit into either. Also, she’s states that jack is her new name but does deadnaming apply either tho she hasn’t transitioned? (Sorry if it sounds ignorant, I don’t know much about nb/trans)
I wouldn't worry dear heart, I don't think Jack knows much about NB/trans issues either.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

So far, I have got
1) (tit cooking) bacon
3)……?
4)……?

What am I missing??

Thank(space)you
3) Does residual grime on the spoon count as protein?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
try oat milk, it makes it creamier than just water (if that appeals to you). when i drank dairy milk i made my porridge with water as too much milk made me feel ill (🤔), now that ive switched to oat milk i use it instead.
can't believe im gonna agree with jack but peanut butter is really nice in porridge!
I sometimes make peanut butter and banana porridge for my little ones, no cooking bacon though.

Reactions: 20
Don't want to derail but I love half a tablespoon of mincemeat stirred into plain porridge (half water, half milk). Kinda like a mince pie porridge. Well nice ☺

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Don't want to derail but I love half a tablespoon of mincemeat stirred into plain porridge (half water, half milk). Kinda like a mince pie porridge. Well nice ☺
Ok but this actually sounds lush 😍

On topic - Jack's a twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Do we know which one it was? Depending on where it is I could actually find that info 🔺🔺

eta - I'd only post if it's publicly available, not though ~resources~ I have access to!
She mentioned the name of the rehab place in the Diva pdf feature. What‘s weird is that for a while there were some articles on the rehab’s website that looked like they were written by a pseudonym of Jack’s (although the content didn’t match her writing style and knowledge AT ALL), but they have now since vansihed.

(sorry if this isn’t very clear, I am TIRED! 😆)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Oh I know I was just being a dick , the second one disappeared :-(
Ah sorry - with you now.
Yes poor old Mini. Never mentioned again and erased from her SM.
This is why everyone's heart sinks whenever she mentions getting a new pet.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I've just seen this story on Twitter - Jacksie's new 'OH' better take note. Although after seeing what our fave slopgibbon is posting today, I'd say holding in your farts in this instance would be a medical impossibility. Either that or your head would explode from the build up of internal pressure ...🦉🍾
farts.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I think what Jack has said here in the first comment demonstrates her lack of understanding of anyone other than herself; this is despite her going to AA meetings, hanging round the Groucho and/or people with a media profile.
Jack has said that she thought alcoholics were destined for a life of crime, jail, and institutions (insert WTF gif). Not only is it an extremely old fashioned view, but it's one which is incredibly condescending and not to mention closed minded.
Betty Ford, Elton John, Drew Barrymore, Lynsey Lohan, Matthew Perry, Eminem, Mel Gibson, Carrie Fisher were all alcoholics in recovery and not destined to be institutionalised. I cant fathom how a woman so young can have such old views of people. Similar to her comments about people on DWP benefits eating burgers in tracksuits whilst watching Jeremy Kyle.

On a grunk so someone might have made a similar point.
I completely agree with you. Her comment may also put people off seeking help from an institution. Not all institutions are bad. I wonder what Jack was in the Priory for if it wasn't alcohol.

Anyway here is a silly picture just because.
Cupace20220405020714.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I wish Jack hadn’t bought goat :(

I’m always really interested at the idea of “deadnaming” Jack. I know she has tenuously linked her name change to being trans but I really see it as a manoeuvre similar to that of a conman. I perceive that she was trying to escape any notoriety from being a twit in her early, varied employment, and to avoid being connected with her well-known father in her local area. Especially when trying to make her name as a povvo.

The way she uses variations of her name (e.g. wheeling out Xatzinikolas on her Facebook and those therapy blogs) where it suits her also smacks of those unsavoury sorts you see on Crimewatch “Andrew Smith also known as David Smith and Andrew Jones” etc.

I’m not a twit so I’m not gonna use her old name but I’m always intrigued that it’s one thing people still seem to get quite defensive about here. In my eyes she’s got deceit written right through her like a stick of rock, and the name change is part of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.