Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so interesting and backs up a lot of what Jack has said about her time in rehab. From throwing chairs, snarling 'duck off' at a man who tried to be friendly, gently, slowly, hesitantly being coaxed into telling her story, to becoming the beloved Mom of the group providing cakes and a shoulder to cry on. And such a favourite she got offered a P/T job there. All the while no doubt warning others she was sure to be papped by the venal Daily Mail.
It reads like a dramatic film script of Rehab. Yet with Jack there is probably a bit of truth. The centring herself in the group and making it all about her. And how of course it has always been far worse for her than anyone else. Must've been so exhausting for the other participants.
Exhausting for all, but devastating for quieter people trying to find their voice in their head, let alone in the group.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
This is so interesting and backs up a lot of what Jack has said about her time in rehab. From throwing chairs, snarling 'duck off' at a man who tried to be friendly, gently, slowly, hesitantly being coaxed into telling her story, to becoming the beloved Mom of the group providing cakes and a shoulder to cry on. And such a favourite she got offered a P/T job there. All the while no doubt warning others she was sure to be papped by the venal Daily Mail.
It reads like a dramatic film script of Rehab. Yet with Jack there is probably a bit of truth. The centring herself in the group and making it all about her. And how of course it has always been far worse for her than anyone else. Must've been so exhausting for the other participants.

She watched 28 Days, the film Sandra Bullock starred in and co-opted that.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Another thing poor SB had to put up with was the abattoir visit I believe? And Jack telling him how cruel the meat industry is…before she got back on the bollock sausages, goat legs, head cheese 🤢and hearts?
Nothing like consistency to make kids feel secure.
Also the awful public outpouring of grief with kitten. Declaring kitten to have been the purist most unconditional love she had ever known and that her life was empty without it. Stuff like that must be appalling for your child to read.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Jack wears her educational failure as a badge of pride. You see it wasn't Jack being thick, it was the teachers that didn't know how to educate her.

Always someone else's fault.

Where she believes she has acquired all this knowledge that she thinks she has is a mystery too. Left school at 16, 4.5 GCSE's but is an expert on any subject you like to mention. Seen it, done it, know it, tried it, yet she has hardly moved out of Southend. I don't mean for a holiday, a few weeks shacked up in a shags house, or months in an hotel while going to rehab. I mean travelling, seeing the world, gaining experiences and meeting people.

Even when she was taken to Tanzania, she managed to centre herself by comparing her own experiences with that of a starving mother. Didn't use the experience to educate herself, just to tell people how hard she has had it, dismissing the true poverty that was staring her in the face.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
New to this thread so this might have been previously discussed but how does jack state they are non binary but still go by she/her, I thought nb meant you didn’t fit into either. Also, she’s states that jack is her new name but does deadnaming apply either tho she hasn’t transitioned? (Sorry if it sounds ignorant, I don’t know much about nb/trans)

Reactions: 20
New to this thread so this might have been previously discussed but how does jack state they are non binary but still go by she/her, I thought nb meant you didn’t fit into either. Also, she’s states that jack is her new name but does deadnaming apply either tho she hasn’t transitioned? (Sorry if it sounds ignorant, I don’t know much about nb/trans)
Deadnaming applies regardless, I think. She's either non binary or a woman depending on who she's talking to and whether she's got points to score.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Deadnaming applies regardless, I think. She's either non binary or a woman depending on who she's talking to and whether she's got points to score.
Or in a guardian article, she discussed her genitals changing, so she went the whole hog trans man then back-pedalled because LJC that was a whopper. Possible sparked by an ex-girlfriend saying she wasn’t butch enough to pull off studded leather.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I haven't read Jack's rehab threads as I find her lies and manipulation too triggering, but if she's claiming all that happened in a group therapy then I call bullsh*t. I have just consulted Mr Moldwarp who is an addictions therapist (insert red triangle here!) and he says NO WAY would any half decent group therapist let one member dominate the group with their personality in that way. It's completely against the purpose of group therapy. Making yourself 'group mom' and becoming an alternate source (and reciever) of validation would be a total no-no also. He said anyone who tried that would be shut down really fast :) Also no one with less than a good 5 years of continuous sobriety would be offered a job at any rehab, but then Jack is superwoman and fearlessly honest and able to transcribe budget speeches at lightening speed whilst carrying dead limbs and firemen on her shoulders, so what do I know...

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Jack has changed her pronouns a lot between they/them and she/her a LOT. She continues to use "she" and "her" about herself and in her bio currently she's fine with both. Beyond Jack, some people who are non binary may not mind being called either she/her and they/them or he/him and they/them. Some just go by they/them. It depends on the individual. Being non binary simply means you don't fit into the being either woman or man, you can be androgynous or perhaps have some femme traits while being androgynous. Gender identity also doesn't need to have anything to do with taking hormones or surgery. Many people of course do change following these things but for some they can't access these treatments or just prefer not to. Dead naming is definitely still a thing even if you don't transition. Gender identity and expression of this definitely isn't black and white and I guess the most important thing anyone can do is listen to what each individual person wants when it comes to pronouns and name.

With Jack its tricky because in the past she's given a variety of reasons why she changed her name, not all of them to do with gender. She also picks up and drops the issue whenever it suits her. It makes a bit of a mockery of an already much maligned community tbh. I know trans people who don't rate her at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
TE="Dummyfingers, post: 9189698, member: 137592"]
OH?!!! Other half??
😮
What did I miss? I was only gone a week.
[/QUOTE]
Well, there's the original Jack the pov on twitter and then her OH who I believe is also Jack but the patreon funded version with her Tiffany jewellery, Cotswold sideboards and numerous other frivolous spends .

Tldr: There is no OH.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I haven't read Jack's rehab threads as I find her lies and manipulation too triggering, but if she's claiming all that happened in a group therapy then I call bullsh*t. I have just consulted Mr Moldwarp who is an addictions therapist (insert red triangle here!) and he says NO WAY would any half decent group therapist let one member dominate the group with their personality in that way. It's completely against the purpose of group therapy. Making yourself 'group mom' and becoming an alternate source (and reciever) of validation would be a total no-no also. He said anyone who tried that would be shut down really fast :) Also no one with less than a good 5 years of continuous sobriety would be offered a job at any rehab, but then Jack is superwoman and fearlessly honest and able to transcribe budget speeches at lightening speed whilst carrying dead limbs and firemen on her shoulders, so what do I know...
she makes all the ‘experts’ who supposedly helped her sound so unprofessional! where was the group contracting to agree on mutual respect within the space? if she took on the role of group mum then surely the facilitator would get her to explore why she is putting herself into a Rescuer role (jack as a rescuer tho…lol), how is she allowed to be mates with her therapist? why did they give her a job as soon as she was discharged. Oh yeah, it’s all bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I think Jack is confusing being offered a job at rehab, with being asked to do the selling of the Hi Fi bars at a Slimming World group....

(She's never said she did SW, I don't think. But a lot of her early stuff is ripped off SW recipes).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I don't believe her rehab was a good one. Try finding decent stats on its recovery rates. You won't. It's for wealthy people, staffed by a bunch of imaginatively-qualified shysters.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I truly detest the term "the boy". It is so cold, dismissive and dehumanising.

If she has to use her child in her SM (she doesn't, but hey ho), why not say "my son"? More warmth, better describes their relationship and actually means something rather that an objectified "boy" who could be anyone's child.

It is one less letter too, so she would have one more to use in her 280 limit.
now imagining jack as kratos in god of war. EAT THE SLOP, BOY

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Wasn't there also another wierd detail from Jack about rehab - that SB visited her there and the therapist took him to one side to say how well his mum was doing and that he should be proud of her? It seemed so strange. So mainly boundaries blurred.
If true. As always with Jack there is that massive caveat to consider.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Hi! I’m grunking from about 5 threads ago. I had a me rail and it goes a little something like this:

if Jack has had her boy taken off her by SS and recommended he lives with his dad, that’s not so different from me. I am a legit pov. I divorced my ex husband assuming he’d be kind but well nothing ever happened so now I live in a crappy bungalow (a houseshare - I work NHS and the pay is crap - also ex Freya’s mum bought him a house for £400,00) and I literally can’t afford to keep my children. It’s painful but I have to consider and be grateful for the fact that my ex in laws are landlords. Goodnight and goodbye.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
I don't believe her rehab was a good one. Try finding decent stats on its recovery rates. You won't. It's for wealthy people, staffed by a bunch of imaginatively-qualified shysters.
Do we know which one it was? Depending on where it is I could actually find that info 🔺🔺

eta - I'd only post if it's publicly available, not though ~resources~ I have access to!

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.