Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is there ALWAYS a dodgy old apple or a withered leek or stale bread or something that needs binning?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
All he has learned is that women lie, women manipulate and women leave. That they cannot be trusted with his biscuits, his toys, his clothes, his trust and they're always demanding constant attention. The reliable people in his life are largely male - his Dad, his Granddad, his uncles - but apart from his grandmothers, the other women cannot be relied upon, whether that's because they leave or because they're howling, wailing, clawing, helpless little manipulative pixies who have the ability to make him feel bad and guilty and scared for them. The poor lad has learned that women are either utterly toxic or that they just won't be around anymore.

If he turns out to prefer women, he's likely to be either absolutely horrible to them (because they're only going to leave, after all) or so desperate to avoid rejection and anger that he'll find himself locked into an unequal relationship where he's totally manipulated and doesn't know what way is up, unable to voice any needs of his own.

Just look at the list of adverse child experiences he's had;

Poverty.
tit housing.
Frequent moves.
Lack of ownership of toys.
Moving to a big house with a new Mama and sister with no warning.
Moving back from that big house to another one with.
Mother in a violent/abusive relationship with the knock on effects of the undercurrent of abuse.
Mum not being Mum for a bit.
Moving again.
Moving again.
Being taken out his infant school because of a breakdown in relationship between the school and his mother.
Movi-oh, you get the idea.
Mum's new partner.
Mum letting him know that she could be murdered because of her 'job'.
Mum's new partner gone.
Mum reacting to her partner going.
Mum's new partner.
Mum's new partner gone.
Mum reacting to her partner going.
His bedroom being constantly changed, moved around and not feeling like it's his.
Mum's new partner back as a bubble buddy.
Mum's new partner gone again.
His Dad splitting up with his stepmum.
Lockdown.
Mum being 'ill' so that he has to concern himself about whether she's still alive, never mind the wailing about being in pain or many 'accidents'.
Mum being an addict, off her tits on prescription medication.
Mum being an alcoholic, off her tits on alcohol.
Mum being mentally unwell.
Mum having issues around food.
Mum being a bleeping tit cook.
Mum taking away his escape routes of David Walliams books, Harry Potter books now and policing his thoughts and likes.
No sense of boundaries, space or privacy.
Photos of him in his pants being shared online.
Mum disappearing off to rehabhotel, posting pictures on SM.
Mum back.
Mum's new partner.

There will be a small protective effect in that his Dad and Granddad are always there, dependable and reliable. Grandmas, too. And staying in one school, probably as a result of his Dad insisting upon it/exercising parental responsibility, would have given him some. But it can't possibly mitigate against the constant insecurity he experience in relation to his mother. I'm sure he feels loved. But I'm pretty sure that he doesn't feel safe and secure.
Reading your post has made me feel even more sad for him. That’s far too much to have experienced at his (or any age). Of course if he ever tries to talk to her in the future about it, she will deny it happened, or that he remembered it wrongly. That’s what my mother did/does.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I quite like porridge, but, it leaves me super hungry after a couple of hours. Never got the slow release spiel.

Reactions: 48
I 100% believe she never bought the pet semetary collection. She might gone and peered like a pixie at the stuff, but she never purchased any, nor cooked it.

We'd have pics of that tit stew last night if she had.

Why do you have to lie so much, Jack? What is your bleeping deal?
Yeah shows pics of the porridge slop but not the
Greek extravaganza

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I love porridge but only made with water (genuine lactose intolerance not grifting for milk for cos play poverty). Add an apple or banana no sugar or honey added (simples). Porridge must not be messed around with. Peanut butter my a***.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
If you looked at her Twitter now, what would you think her MO was?

In 24 hours she has gone from Greek cooking to banging on about offal, to talking about heraddiction to Lego, to foul porridge to Trainspotting.

If she wants to be taken seriously this isn’t the way to do it.

Reactions: 36
Bacon porridge and “not everything has to be a fight!” That’s perked me right up. Will be alternately chortling and :sick: all day.

I’m not going to comment on sobriety but her medical conditions are rolled out on rotation whenever things get a bit hairy. The thing is, Jack, you can criticise someone, whatever the state of their health. Having arthritis, cancer or the most covidy covid ever doesn’t stop you being a walnut whip. They’re not trump cards that let you off from being rude and triggering.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I quite like porridge, but, it leaves me super hungry after a couple of hours. Never got the slow release spiel.
Saaaaame, absolutely RAVENOUS about an hour later and could never understand it. I think Nigella (you're still cancelled Nig hun) came out and said the same just a year or so ago, it's the first/only time I've seen that myth publicly busted.

Reactions: 38
Reading your post has made me feel even more sad for him. That’s far too much to have experienced at his (or any age). Of course if he ever tries to talk to her in the future about it, she will deny it happened, or that he remembered it wrongly. That’s what my mother did/does.
yeah it’s quite shocking to see it all laid out. 🔺 my job involves adolescent mental health 🔺 and the more i learn the more i realise how important stability is especially for teenagers. They don’t even have fully developed brains until they’re 25! It must be so confusing to have a parent as chaotic and lacking in rational thinking as Jack. I’m so shocked that she’s implied SB checks her twitter and she’s okay with that. i worried that my mum was going to kill herself for years after my dad died as a kid and only through many hours of difficult therapy sessions have i realised the profound impact that had on me and my core beliefs. I really do feel so sorry for him and hope his dad is someone he feels he can rely on. Sorry for the me-rail whenever she posts about sb i get so sad!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.