Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would also add, if not to much of a derail, that having a narc/NPD in the room is an absolute PAIN IN THE ARSE for other members as they tend to swan in, change the entire balance and atmosphere of the meeting, suck attention, create drama, gaslight, do inappropriate things like get involved in romantic relationships with other members, gather flying monkeys, make tension, manipulate, create a huge mess and then disappear. Only to pitch up a few months later in a different room, with a different persona and a different sob story.

Did I mention PAIN IN THE ARSE? Yeah, that.
I can quite imagine this exactly what happens, narcs do this wherever they go. Exact same pattern in the workplace too, bloody nightmare to supervise. You end up having to play mental chess with them constantly. Also a nightmare having one supervise you, though in my experience of this he also had very clear sociopathic traits too. Bloody exhausting 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Do people eat in a Tesco Express? I know they have cafés at larger stores, I wasn't aware they had them in the small high street stores.

Or does Jack mean she has a sandwich deal from Tesco Express? But then she wouldn't eat it inside Tesco, would she?

What an idiot.
Whereas the actual poors (and a lot of people in general) pack a lunch. Only the rich/idiots buy a lunch out everyday.

And lets not forget all the free lunches she gets for turning up.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Do people eat in a Tesco Express? I know they have cafés at larger stores, I wasn't aware they had them in the small high street stores.

Or does Jack mean she has a sandwich deal from Tesco Express? But then she wouldn't eat it inside Tesco, would she?

What an idiot.
Well now, she is a greedy goblin that can't ever wait till she's sat down to eat. Maybe she gobbles up her egg and cress sandwich before she leaves, and scampers back to buy another one?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Whereas the actual poors (and a lot of people in general) pack a lunch. Only the rich/idiots buy a lunch out everyday.

And lets not forget all the free lunches she gets for turning up.
Her whole life is one long free lunch.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Tesco express is not cheap.

She wouldn’t know though because compared to F&M and Waitrose it is.

ETA actually, bollocks to that. Waitrose essentials is cheaper than Tesco express.

Out of all the fantastic wee independent restaurants she could boost, of course she has to say a supermarket.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Her whole life is one long free lunch.
I agree and I have to say I am pretty shocked that the grift has gone on this long, I'd have thought she'd be found out like now, like Captain Tom's grifting daughter or Camila Batmangriftedgh. But I think she's smart enough, in that narc way, to cover her tracks, and to stay just below the sightline enough to not be worth a proper expose.

Some previous posters have expressed frustration at why she hasn't been exposed yet and the answer to my mind is that the receipts just aren't there because she deletes so much and so much is hearsay. Plus not being famous enough to warrant the huge amount of time that would be required to pull together and stand up a decent story. Having said that, the Great British Public has always had a good eye for a grifter and the public mood has quietly changed since Covid, people are a lot more savvy about social media grifting and less scared to point it out. There was the Scotsman thing (not clear on what happened here as was grunking at speed, but I think she nearly got called out?) and there may well be more. The next few years will be interesting to say the least.

Reactions: 42
All he has learned is that women lie, women manipulate and women leave. That they cannot be trusted with his biscuits, his toys, his clothes, his trust and they're always demanding constant attention. The reliable people in his life are largely male - his Dad, his Granddad, his uncles - but apart from his grandmothers, the other women cannot be relied upon, whether that's because they leave or because they're howling, wailing, clawing, helpless little manipulative pixies who have the ability to make him feel bad and guilty and scared for them. The poor lad has learned that women are either utterly toxic or that they just won't be around anymore.

If he turns out to prefer women, he's likely to be either absolutely horrible to them (because they're only going to leave, after all) or so desperate to avoid rejection and anger that he'll find himself locked into an unequal relationship where he's totally manipulated and doesn't know what way is up, unable to voice any needs of his own.

Just look at the list of adverse child experiences he's had;

Poverty.
tit housing.
Frequent moves.
Lack of ownership of toys.
Moving to a big house with a new Mama and sister with no warning.
Moving back from that big house to another one with.
Mother in a violent/abusive relationship with the knock on effects of the undercurrent of abuse.
Mum not being Mum for a bit.
Moving again.
Moving again.
Being taken out his infant school because of a breakdown in relationship between the school and his mother.
Movi-oh, you get the idea.
Mum's new partner.
Mum letting him know that she could be murdered because of her 'job'.
Mum's new partner gone.
Mum reacting to her partner going.
Mum's new partner.
Mum's new partner gone.
Mum reacting to her partner going.
His bedroom being constantly changed, moved around and not feeling like it's his.
Mum's new partner back as a bubble buddy.
Mum's new partner gone again.
His Dad splitting up with his stepmum.
Lockdown.
Mum being 'ill' so that he has to concern himself about whether she's still alive, never mind the wailing about being in pain or many 'accidents'.
Mum being an addict, off her tits on prescription medication.
Mum being an alcoholic, off her tits on alcohol.
Mum being mentally unwell.
Mum having issues around food.
Mum being a bleeping tit cook.
Mum taking away his escape routes of David Walliams books, Harry Potter books now and policing his thoughts and likes.
No sense of boundaries, space or privacy.
Photos of him in his pants being shared online.
Mum disappearing off to rehabhotel, posting pictures on SM.
Mum back.
Mum's new partner.

There will be a small protective effect in that his Dad and Granddad are always there, dependable and reliable. Grandmas, too. And staying in one school, probably as a result of his Dad insisting upon it/exercising parental responsibility, would have given him some. But it can't possibly mitigate against the constant insecurity he experience in relation to his mother. I'm sure he feels loved. But I'm pretty sure that he doesn't feel safe and secure.
And she has the utter gall to claim she’s a single mother 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Well now, she is a greedy goblin that can't ever wait till she's sat down to eat. Maybe she gobbles up her egg and cress sandwich before she leaves, and scampers back to buy another one?
Before ordering another two, throwing away one slice of bread and sticking them together, along with some of her special sauce to make a Super Sandwich and @Ing Tesco to try and make it a thing 🥴

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.