Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something about him being bullied at school because of her 'I'm Trans' Guardian articles. I sort of glazed over at the time because when you are looking at Guardian reading parents, they don't tend to tell their Primary aged kids to have a go at the kid on the grounds of transphobia and when you're looking at morons who would tell their kids to have a go at somebody in their class for it, they're not really all that likely to be sat at the breakfast table reading what Owen Jones and Sali Hughes have to say about the world because going OH MY DAYS THAT'S DISGUSTING and explaining to their kids what a bad thing it is in their minds.
The constant dead pets.
The endless earnest discussions which surely burden him with adult worries.
The inverse parenting.
The comedowns from narc publicity highs. The hypomanic behaviour whenever she gets social media validation.

I would also add, if not to much of a derail, that having a narc/NPD in the room is an absolute PAIN IN THE ARSE for other members as they tend to swan in, change the entire balance and atmosphere of the meeting, suck attention, create drama, gaslight, do inappropriate things like get involved in romantic relationships with other members, gather flying monkeys, make tension, manipulate, create a huge mess and then disappear. Only to pitch up a few months later in a different room, with a different persona and a different sob story.

Did I mention PAIN IN THE ARSE? Yeah, that.
We called them moodsetters and it wasn't a compliment.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Something about him being bullied at school because of her 'I'm Trans' Guardian articles. I sort of glazed over at the time because when you are looking at Guardian reading parents, they don't tend to tell their Primary aged kids to have a go at the kid on the grounds of transphobia and when you're looking at morons who would tell their kids to have a go at somebody in their class for it, they're not really all that likely to be sat at the breakfast table reading what Owen Jones and Sali Hughes have to say about the world because going OH MY DAYS THAT'S DISGUSTING and explaining to their kids what a bad thing it is in their minds.
Here's an interview she did about it. Conveniently SB doesn't remember the incident at all. Oh and the school just told her it was her fault for plastering her private life over the papers. Totally plausible.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
"To help avoid monosyllabic answers as Jonny nears his teenage years, Monroe has introduced a new game at meal times; they use a pack of cards to ask each other interesting questions to promote discussion, including thinking of words that a friend might use to describe them, or explaining what they are grateful for on that day."

poor little fucker. Children have the right to be monosyllabic. It's called 'processing'.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
I’ve just resigned myself to the fact that broccoli and pasta are cheaper than cinnamon and granola so…

ETA- pistachios are extortionate and a brownlee brother is flogging them so whoever is waiting for that can basically forget it.
Pistachios now heavily discounted in tesco for Ramadam.

Reactions: 24
"To help avoid monosyllabic answers as Jonny nears his teenage years, Monroe has introduced a new game at meal times; they use a pack of cards to ask each other interesting questions to promote discussion, including thinking of words that a friend might use to describe them, or explaining what they are grateful for on that day."

poor little fucker. Children have the right to be monosyllabic. It's called 'processing'.
Imagine coming home from school knackered, sitting down to a tea that defies belief and then having your mum brandishing cards and being all "pay attention to meeeeeeeeeeeee". Poor lad.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
Also, she could use this as an opportunity to highlight services people could access but she has to bring it back to herself, she's so useless on so many levels.
The service she’s accessing is Patreon though!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
On the sobriety cosplay. Pure speculation your honour but it's very well known that there's a good proportion of people in AA who aren't alcoholics in neither the Big Book sense nor the medical sense, but have personality disorders such as narcissism or borderline, and may indeed binge drink or drink problematically. They end up in AA because the set-up for newcomers is manna from heaven for narcs - lovebombing, lots of attention, lots of immediate friendships which feel close and real. This is all very attractive for the narc as they've often had unsatisfactory experiences in therapy (NPD being notoriously hard to treat as it involves facing some brutal truths which most narcs literally cannot face as part of their disorder). In AA they think they find not only the answer to that deep down feeling they have that something is wrong with them (alcoholism being easier to swallow for the narc than a PD), plus they get all of that lovely attention, plus they can play the victim all they like (the Big Book strongly discourages adopting a victimhood persona but it's becoming increasingly common in the rooms as therapy culture has gradually watered down traditional AA culture).

However the positive love and attention a narc / BPD newcomer recieves tends to die down after a year or so and they become just another member, which does not fulfil their need for attention so they leave, go back to problematic drinking, then when it becomes too much, find a new group, go back in as a newcomer and get all that lovely lovebombing again.

Not saying this is Jack of course! Just an interesting and long observed dynamic amongst people who go into recovery when their real problem is not addiction but personality disorder.
Spot on. If a person had a) no friends and b) a propensity for collecting harrowing stories from other people and was looking for c) a place where they could hold forth in front of a welcoming, supportive group, well...

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
You can bet they're rolling their eyes behind her back though. It won't take long before they see through her.

Reactions: 30
The idea that the Tories want to starve people so that the can't riot or at least they don't care if they starve to death because then they can't riot.

But without context it's just vaguely threatening...like if you riot we'll kill you...
She, and some 'left wingers' are trying to push the narrative that there will be mass starvations in the UK as a result of Tory policies.
While some people will certainly find things very difficult, and more people will have to turn to food banks and charities, it's extremely unlikely that people will starve in large numbers. The biggest health issue in the UK is obesity , ie excess calories, not starvation. Personally I don't think this will change much over the next few years, but we will see.
Also personally, I see this as an insult to people in places that suffer genuine hunger and starvation, eg N Korea and Ukraine at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Why can’t she ever just respond with ‘yes, I was really lucky‘ ffs?
Because she's utterly incapable of acknowledging the massive privilege she has. The vast majority of people who share her claimed experience (be it poverty, addiction, etc) aren't given access to expensive dayhab, book deals, relationships with millionaires, media connections, brand partnerships with household names, five figure sums for a few days' shoddy work, TV appearances, a guaranteed income above the average wage from well-meaning strangers, a middle-class family with a property empire to pass on, the list just goes on and on. And yet she continues to act like she's never had a helping hand and is only just managing to hang in there against all odds.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.