Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
addition:

why you blue?
goat stew
why you sour?
lego flower
oh no, in shock
haslet "not in stock"
uh oh
kleftiko
Fantastic Bendy Ost, poetic genius I bow to you .Also relieved that Jack has gone back to her Greek Cypriot heritage as that is quite a long way from Celery (Edinburgh)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It's all very "look at me" isn't it? I'm a great parent, I pick great partners, I am doing so well, I cook great food. And so on. Just social media performance.

Go to Asda, but some beige buffet items and let the lad enjoy nuggets, chips, mini kievs (Kyivs?), ice cream. My favourite day of the Easter hols in the 80s was Nan taking us to her local for egg, beans & chips.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
ancient footage of mom blending figs with nigel slater (with a goatee)on food network rn

as mr kcc points out, two niges together!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Well when I left the Priory (partner worked in health insurance, didnt have the spare 20k for the treatment, which it would have been otherwise was very privileged and lucky), after 28 days in rehab they gave me a little bag with my marbles. There was 2. Had a little card saying if you think about using throw 1 marble away, if you use, throw away the other, now you have lost your marbles". Who is saying it takes 5 years? They say active addiction is living in the insanity because you do things that don't make sense to a rational mind.

Saying it takes 5 years is potentially damaging. Someone thinking about getting help might be put off by the fact it takes so long to feel sane. 5 years is just an arbitrary figure. I'm sure it probably is a thing some people might say in the type of black humour you have in recovery but as usual she just talks tit.

Urgh, recovery Jack is the worst. She's so smug with it.

Why say exactly a month ago she had got her 8 months chip. Now she has waited for her 9 month chip. Timeline up the wall as per bleeping usual. Also, why would she have to wait a while for it, does she not go every week?? Also, my meetings only give out chips for shorter times up to 6 months, then 9, then 12. Her group could be different, just an observation.

Please Jack, bore off with the recovery shite. You might well be doing well in recovery this time and I hope its true but I don't see any evidence of her living the steps in anything else she does!

Oh god, is she going to sponsor someone else soon if she's through the steps?? Could you imagine, can't personally see her thinking enough about someone other than herself to do it!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 76
ETA - sorry this turned into a really waffling rant, should have spoilered. Just find her whole recovery stuff pretty upsetting tbqhwy

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Calendar fraus

Jack posted this picture in December 21, suggesting she had been sober since March 21...more than a year ago. 9 months ago was July 21 ... When she tweeted the second pic.

Am I having a brain chaos or dies this not make sense?

Not saying she is lying, but it's another slightly dodge timeline

View attachment 1171445

View attachment 1171447
Not meaning to mod at all but quite clearly, the first post is regarding her giving up burglary?
She was also back on the wagon by December hence the soberposse.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Surely the monthly tokens are given out to people on trust. If she doesn't tell people at her meetings that she has had a drink or taken drugs, how would they know? And I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of her mouth. We only have her word for her sobriety.

Anyway, what business is it of anybody else whether she is sober or not? Keep stuff like that private, no one needs to know.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
ancient footage of mom blending figs with nigel slater (with a goatee)on food network rn

as mr kcc points out, two niges together!
Making 'beaver pink' ice cream, as I remember (awkward conversation when watching it with a child who protested 'beavers aren't pink' followed)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
They're not NFTs, they're actual tokens you twit. Now that Sober Jack has turned up, it's a perfect time to unleash what was a cursed project from start to finish (it was that bloody orange moon). Just give us the bleeping slop or go away you absolute menace.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 108
ETA - sorry this turned into a really waffling rant, should have spoilered. Just find her whole recovery stuff pretty upsetting tbqhwy
I did a sick face reaction for the comment about Jack being a sponsor

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Posting the 8 month token was already an overshare, but the picture of all of them together is just wrong. She's a desperate, desperate case. Furiously guards her privacy 😂😂😂

ETA I am absolutely in the 'she bought them on Amazon' gang.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
I did a sick face reaction for the comment about Jack being a sponsor
Can imagine someone pouring their heart and soul out to her, only for her to elevenrife every difficult thing they've been through!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.