Jack Monroe #274 I’m Jack Monroe, Rise minions of my echo chamber; tell me how dedicated & awesome I am.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ross dates an Elizabeth Hornswoggle…and Chandler asks if he’s dating a character from Fraggle Rock
thank you!

So who is on the "mythical interviews today"

Maggie Thatcher
Edward the confessor

Or will she finally through her prowess of interviewing finally scare Richard the III enough to confess to murdering the Prince's in the tower. I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I am getting wannabe Liz Jones Diary vibes from Jackanory at the moment. The weekly fabrication would just be up her street. LJ makes out she is hard-up and has been made bankrupt but seems to live a very nice life in nice houses with assorted rescued animals. Think Jackanory must be awaiting The Call from the Sunday Fail editor who has heard that BoJo chickened out of being interviewed by the Ace Reporter (who has just ordered herself a new stack of Moleskine books and biros in readiness). 🤳✍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Thinking out loud (and here’s some help for ya slopgoblin) I’m surprised she hasn’t set herself up on TikTok yet. Especially as they have a shop you can sell from, kind of like QVC for TikTok. Jack could hone her horrific on screen persona on there until she hit the big time and make money in the process.

It’s surprising she hasn’t done it yet…although the word work strikes fear into her. And I would pay good money to watch her present on TikTok in that nasal whine she does.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I am getting wannabe Liz Jones Diary vibes from Jackanory at the moment. The weekly fabrication would just be up her street. LJ makes out she is hard-up and has been made bankrupt but seems to live a very nice life in nice houses with assorted rescued animals. Think Jackanory must be awaiting The Call from the Sunday Fail editor who has heard that BoJo chickened out of being interviewed by the Ace Reporter (who has just ordered herself a new stack of Moleskine books and biros in readiness). 🤳✍
Total Enid Blyton - “with one bound, Jack broke free…”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Does anyone remember that column in the Guardian years ago about the mum with the teenage girl, Treasure?

Now, it really wouldn’t surprise me if she attempted to peddle something like that out. We are having glimpses of home life, she obviously wants a regular column and well…

Nice and quiet today.

Reactions: 21
Going back to yesterdays tweet "Every week SB and I have a night where I down my work tools early"

Her work existence is 99% being controversial on twitter (the vast majority of the time with dishonesty as it would be harder to go viral with accurate factual stuff) in order to rattle her tip jar and patreon. The earnings from which would pretty likely put her in the top 10th percentile of earners in the UK.

She lives a beyond charmed lifestyle that many could only dream about; working so little to receive so much. All while pretending she only has a perpetual 30 odd quid to her name and is some kind of good samaritan that receives no remuneration.

The irony of posting on twitter about downing tools to not work when your work is posting on twitter 🤪
Still managing over 100 hours “work” a week tho, yeah?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It's no surprise Jack and Jizz Loans are chummy on Twitter. Birds of a feather and all that. Both have an extremely tenuous relationship with the truth, pretend to be impoverished whilst hoarding designer goods and living in expensive properties, are "animal lovers" whose pets often disappear mysteriously, write improbable stories in which convenient men sidle up to them to tell them how amazing they are, love "butter-soft leather" despite claiming to be vegan, etc etc etc

ETA - they also both did white saviour photo ops in Africa where they, somehow, managed to centre themselves and their own experiences.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
thank you!

So who is on the "mythical interviews today"

Maggie Thatcher
Edward the confessor

Or will she finally through her prowess of interviewing finally scare Richard the III enough to confess to murdering the Prince's in the tower. I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation!
Richard III hid under a council carpark in Leicester to avoid her. Wouldn't anyone

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Downing Street. Dinner time.

Boris: "Then I got wind of the fact that they were trying to set up an interview with that blasted bean woman."

Rishi: "How did you get out of that one? Hide in a fridge again?"

Boris: "No bally fridges to be seen, old chap! No, I did what anyone would do in that situation. I got my Russian muckers to call up Vladders and have him invade Ukraine. Anyway, everyone started chattering away about this bloody war and by a stroke of luck, I was off at a NATO thingy with Macron and Bido when the bean woman called."

JRM: "Oh Bozza, you are a scamp!"

Boris: "By the time I got back to Blighty, beans were off the menu! It was damn hard, but it seems to have done the trick. And blast it, I had to do something to get out being interviewed by that Jack Monroe. She'd single-handedly sink my political career! What else could I do?"

Rishi: "Personally, I just ignore her tweets."

Boris: "...oh."

Can 'Blasted Bean Woman' be the next thread title? hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 33
How about a Kickstarter, commissioning Netflix to do an expose on the scamp, but with a twist, it’s a musical, songs by Queen, faux poverty expressed through the medium of dance 💃

• Haha
Reactions: 30
It really bothers me that I no longer want to support organisations like this (TT looking at you here) who fawn over JM. I feel like it’s a knee jerk reaction on my part when I should be focusing on the people who need and rely on them. Do they honestly believe that to have ties with JM (like many others on here I want her name outta my mouth) means their organisation benefits ? To softly gently cut away from JM would harm their cause? Is JM that powerful /influential?
I can’t wrap my head around it at all .
I will redouble my efforts to donate to local food banks and send donations to the animal charities in the Middle East where I used to live . I brought my pets home with me and they have given me immeasurable joy .
That’s how I’ll find peace from all the JM nonsense.
Every now and again I think I should come off here because I get enraged but it’s also the place where I have had some of the best laughs and learned new things . The people on here are very unique
I am incredibly far behind and sorry if it's been said but please consider donating to your local Lions Club.
They do amazing work at a local level and it's all volunteers.
(Full disclosure.. I do have connections in my local club)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Sorry to go back to the stupid extensions, but why would she have to have the same hairs at publication as she does on the cover?? People change their hair all the time why on Earth would the publisher give two shits?? She is so odd.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Slightly off topic but I saw a photo of Jack’s brother today and he is FIT! I wouldn’t kick him out of bed (or in the shins)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.