Jack Monroe #274 I’m Jack Monroe, Rise minions of my echo chamber; tell me how dedicated & awesome I am.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah I love you lot some days you really are the brightest thing for me 🔺 sorry kids 🔺

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Lest we forget Asda and Sainsbury’s for breaking every known consumer law by selling goods at the price they’re advertised at.
Jack probably goes into the greengrocer and barters for an apple the way I did for a pair of knock off Ray Bans in Morocco, and expects the same from supermarkets.
It's the same principal as a person going into Sainsbury's on Monday and loading their trolley up... Then not going to the checkout until Weds, and getting angry that some of the prices have changed!!
Can you imagine the rediculous juggling of people deleting items out of their baskets and then re-adding them instantly because they're 14p cheaper? Or it being a fixed cost at the point of filling up the basket and checking out... Then getting annoyed that the items are now cheaper and can their total be reduced pleased?!
It's made me angry! 🤣
Just buy what you need/want, review just before the checkout time expires, and then return anything that you've changed your mind about when it gets delivered?

What a complete idiot.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Corrrr blimey - just stumbled upon these tweets in response to someone who has shared a link to our wiki!

1.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 99
Wonder if Jack from the future will come to the shindig @Boyo - would also love to know what happens over the next few months with the interviews and jobs Jack is going for before she becomes an intergalactic travelling head.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yes autism had a fair old outing yesterday, usually it's ADHD to excuse her disorganisation.

I will also be avoiding cash donations to TT in future, if they're happy to continue working with such a shady individual who lies to people. I don't think that's any bad thing though, a lot of these smaller food banks don't get much of a look in, be good for them to receive some support.
I agree, I don't like the TT model.

First you have to get a referral from someone, a lot of people in poverty don't have a health visitor or social worker to refer.

In my area they have moved their warehouse to an out of town business park, meaning a £5 return bus journey or an extremely long walk.

You have no choice in what food you are given, do you know anyone who likes rice pudding?

My local food pantry lets anyone turn up and pay £2 and choose a bag of food donated from the supermarkets, it's often their premium ranges they get rid of. We need more small local charities like this one.

I did make a donation to JK Rowlings charity though, she doubled the donations to go to helping institutionalised children in Ukraine. Her charity overheads are paid from her book royalties so every penny you give actually goes to helping people on the ground.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
It's the same principal as a person going into Sainsbury's on Monday and loading their trolley up... Then not going to the checkout until Weds, and getting angry that some of the prices have changed!!
Can you imagine the rediculous juggling of people deleting items out of their baskets and then re-adding them instantly because they're 14p cheaper? Or it being a fixed cost at the point of filling up the basket and checking out... Then getting annoyed that the items are now cheaper and can their total be reduced pleased?!
It's made me angry! 🤣
Just buy what you need/want, review just before the checkout time expires, and then return anything that you've changed your mind about when it gets delivered?

What a complete idiot.
Ugh! It seems like her solution to help the poors is to close down the big supermarkets which are jobs to many people on low incomes. What a numpty.

She really doesn't like spending more than a quid on anything other than unneeded shite.

Reactions: 27
It's impossible to say exactly when Caroline and her hands left the employ of On a Bootstrap Ltd. Her last tweets from her work account, BootstrapAdmin, were just before Daily Kitchen Live started.

(As an aside, it's worth noting that Caroline was always somewhat anonymous; she never revealed her surname or showed her face while in the role. So I'm not going to try to track her down, because fair enough, she has a right to privacy and solid foods.)

Most of her job seemed to involve posting things (this was when Jack's online shop was up and running), and sycophantically praising Jack online:

Screenshot_20220324-134811_Twitter.jpg

Of course, everything Jack tweeted prior to the great deletathon of 2020 is gone, so we can only guess what ailment had laid our heroine low on that particular occasion.

This raised a laugh (squiggle is a known friend of Jack's, but I squiggled her anyway):

Screenshot_20220324-134600_Twitter.jpg

She also retweeted this, which is great. We can add extricate to the words Jack can't use (she appears to think it is a synonym for separate):

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Anyone else smile when thinking newbies must wonder what the hell “grunking” means? 😀 is original Grunkalunka still here I wonder every time I see it. 🤔

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Nothing better on a hot spring day than a cup of tea, slowly heated up overnight in a slow cooker usually used for stew and curries, I think we’ll all agree
Is...is this a real thing that Jack suggested?
I'm scared.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'll be late to the soiree I'm afraid - I am just cooking tea for us all, ready for 6pm when it is actual tea time. Will deffo post a pic tho, just to whet your appetites. I am doing Mackrel and Mungbean lasagne served with smashed lettuce jus and rinsed spaghetti hoops. Doesn't that sound like the best thing you have ever eaten?!?!
Looks like I’m gonna have to go on to twitter to find some more vindictive nut biscuits for everyone, we all ok with my crushing them to dust, storing them in a jar and just adding warm water when you all get here?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Gosh guys I think I might have met a frau on real life. I went into a little antique style shop and the lady and me got talking about everything. She said about the budget and I said well I have heard JM is writing a detailed piece about it and the woman sighed a heavy sigh whilst rolling her eyes and went I wish she wouldn't because she does talk some nonsense. 😱
I do wish there was a flower we could wear or a secret sign that we are Frau’s. I’m off to Edinburgh on a couple of weeks and I’m going to hang round looking for Scottish fraus 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Looks like I’m gonna have to go on to twitter to find some more vindictive nut biscuits for everyone, we all ok with my crushing them to dust, storing them in a jar and just adding warm water when you all get here?
That'll do

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It is FAAAAARRRRR To early, but surely Vindictive Nut Biscuit is the next you know what for #275?!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.