Jack Monroe #274 I’m Jack Monroe, Rise minions of my echo chamber; tell me how dedicated & awesome I am.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What has Jack got against David Williams? Apart from being a popular author?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
One of the impacts Jack has had on me is that I now have an extremely critical eye on charities, their practices and who they align themselves with.

Many threads ago a fellow Frau provided a list of charities which are most effective per $ at helping those in need. One of them is a charity that provides people with nets to reduce the transmission of malaria and I’m happy to support them.
I really hope Water Aid don’t get shown up because I think they are great

• Heart
Reactions: 17
What has Jack got against David Williams? Apart from being a popular author?
You said it. She doesn’t like anyone who has more money than her basically. As she sees it has her right to have all the money in all the land and the people she claims to support are the ones paying her ‘wages’ through Patreon. How she can claim to represent the poor while simultaneously taking their money for spooooons is baffling.

Sorry went a bit OT there.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
I’ll bring the bespoke lanyards for the name tags and so we don’t lose our keys
Is there a dress code? Only I ripped my "Dead People Cant Riot" t-shirt trying to sew on an apostrophe...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
You said it. She doesn’t like anyone who has more money than her basically. As she sees it has her right to have all the money in all the land and the people she claims to support are the ones paying her ‘wages’ through Patreon. How she can claim to represent the poor while simultaneously taking their money for spooooons is baffling.

Sorry went a bit OT there.
But they have so much in common
National Treasure
Changed last name
Appear on tv panels
Like being the centre of attention
Look ridiculous in hats
Wear a lot of trousers and occasionally skirts.
Both single parents.
He’s openly supported people with disabilities (Andy)
I’m sure they’d get on famously

SB likes his books. I suspect it's a dig at whoever bought them for him.
So the poor child has to dress as his mum on world book day?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
But they have so much in common
National Treasure
Changed last name
Appear on tv panels
Like being the centre of attention
Look ridiculous in hats
Wear a lot of trousers and occasionally skirts.
Both single parents.
He’s openly supported people with disabilities (Andy)
I’m sure they’d get on famously
Oh God. Jack is basically Andy only more dishonest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I'll be late to the soiree I'm afraid - I am just cooking tea for us all, ready for 6pm when it is actual tea time. Will deffo post a pic tho, just to whet your appetites. I am doing Mackrel and Mungbean lasagne served with smashed lettuce jus and rinsed spaghetti hoops. Doesn't that sound like the best thing you have ever eaten?!?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
In approximately 25 minutes, Jack will wake up and do a theatrical Bagpuss stretch and yawn. After much deliberation, she will descend the bungalow stairs, and make the coffee that she doesn’t drink. After a few hours, we may be lucky enough to get a Tweet about Rish mate, hashed out of things other journalists said yesterday. I can’t wait!
I identify as Bagpuss as confirmed by my avatar however, I am Not Jack
just had a thought about her so called "arthritis "...I bet what she actually has is repetitive strain injury from all her tweeting!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I have finally reached this thread, soo much to comment on for the last, but too slow.

However, regarding where the money came from, to add to the teemill money, as no way did she shift that much merch 🙄 I did wonder if she squirrelled the furlough money away, as Caroline of the hands is no longer, and there were questions being asked about furlough etc, the thought crossed my mind that maybe she had gathered the money in case she was asked to repay it 🤔

Also the other possibility is a directors loan from the company, or maybe she has been saving some of the patreon money towards her tax bill, hence being hacked off at having to send to TT

Reactions: 27
Fuxache!
I am semi retired. Recovering from surgery for an obscure / unusual form of ARTHRITIS and I can't keep up with these threads!
(smelly) Hat off to Marmalade & Silver.
Cabal I am deceased ♥♥♥♥♥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.