Jack Monroe #272 Jack would like some attention on the internet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she's done this horrid very public biting of a hand that just fed her because she wants to get off twitter for a while (coz TROLLS) but actually to just hope we forget the TEN THOUSAND POUNDS JACKANORY MONROE OWES THE TRUSSELL TRUST.
Nah too risky she could lose a lot more than 10,000 if she cancels herself.

Reactions: 22
So pleased it’s not just me who feels like this. I have told no one I am on this site. I am terrified when i screenshot I accidentally don’t squiggle or post a random photo from my reel!
I see why people feel like this, but personally I delight in telling people I read and post on Tattle. And in pointing them to certain threads :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I just hope that if (ha!) JK Rowling does respond, she won‘t, for all of our sakes, get Jack confused with Laurie Penny.
Impossible to keep up at the moment so not sure where this will land, but this is not only hilarious but has also reminded me that today's chaos was sort of foreshadowed in a recent thread re: Laurie Penny and Rowling. Not that she reads here of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Top tip Jack. Next time two (imaginary?) people randomly compare you to JK Rowling, firmly and politely tell them to their faces that you don't like that comparison and explain why. 99/100 times they'll apologise and you can both move on with no hard feelings. Ruminating on it all night then throwing a twitter tantrum, whilst hilarious for us, isn't the way healthy adults deal with things. Get three better therapists on speed dial because the ones you have now clearly suck.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Jack's mentions are a weird mix of people praising recipes, trying to say they like both her AND JK Rowling, explaining that rape can only be committed by a man in English law... How she keeps up I'll never know!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Top tip Jack. Next time two (imaginary?) people randomly compare you to JK Rowling, firmly and politely tell them to their faces that you don't like that comparison and explain why. 99/100 times they'll apologise and you can both move on with no hard feelings. Ruminating on it all night then throwing a twitter tantrum, whilst hilarious for us, isn't the way healthy adults deal with things. Get three better therapists on speed dial because the ones you have now clearly suck.
She was probably compared then reminded that she will never be as successful (who could, JK hit jackpot).

This snark is unreal though.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I don’t even know what is happening anymore.
Can we add infallible to the list of words that this idiot doesn’t understand? She means fallible.
So if she got fallible and infallible mixed up
Did she mean human or dancer?

Sorry. It’s been a loooooooooong day.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
This “only human” line is wearing a bit thin, wasn’t it only “check notes” 5 hours ago that you were talking about your “rise to prominence”. Her whole whaaa 😩 now just reminds me of my kids when they were about 11-16 when they knew they had done some bad tit and were like “muuummm I didn’t mean to..” STFU JACK and close down your twitter, whilst you’ve been very entertaining today I’ve missed a lush day in the garden to follow this self made car crash. The rest of the week promises a bit of nice weather and I’d thank you to kindly put your phones down and go make some hideous slop!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I expect Jack thinks that the Squigs are...us. Her massive ego just won't allow her to believe that people outside Tattle are getting wise

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I think one of the Twitter comments has hit the nail on the head, someone called Jack out for being involved with Gingerbread because JKR is their patron. Jack is terrified of being cancelled by lefty Twitter so she thought she’d counteract the call out, and then all hell broke loose. I’m actually worried for her, I’m here for the slop, the jokes and to watch the grifting have a light shone it, not to see her get destroyed.
Which leaves open the possibility that world renowned forensic-Monroe was unaware that JKR was a patron of the charity she just gigged for, and thus completely oblivious to the big massive tit that she was doing on her own doorstep…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Jack's mentions are a weird mix of people praising recipes, trying to say they like both her AND JK Rowling, explaining that rape can only be committed by a man in English law... How she keeps up I'll never know!
When was all this abuse supposed to be happening?! If it did, what has SB been exposed to? Pretty sure just slop, but she isn’t painting herself in a great light here. You wouldn’t think a single mum would have the time to get in so many bad situations without her child being directly exposed.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.