Jack Monroe #272 Jack would like some attention on the internet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if Jack has tweeted about JKR so she’ll be sent some real death threats/horrible tweets to show how bullying and mean twitter is.
Speculation m’lud
Her notifications must be going wild. I know she has a millionty billion unread emails but even this many tags from Twitter must hurt her head.

Surely that can’t have been the reason? She cannot have predicted this outcome? Obviously we all know this is what the outcome was going to be but surely not?

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Also, I’m absolutely not condoning any type of threat; I’d hate to have a public profile where I was subjected to threats of violence etc, BUT is it only me who is very suspicious about Jack’s claim that she is the recipient of death threats, threats of assault and sexual assault on the regular?
I personally don’t know anyone this has happened to but I’d, perhaps wrongly, have assumed that the police would be involved, and that someone as public as Jack would have spoken about it on her Twitter?
if it were me I’d be less inclined to post which bus I was on, where I was at any given time and when I was leaving my house.
surely the police would advise her to keep a low profile whilst they investigated?

• Heart
Reactions: 53
this would be a good time to pay the TT the money Jack - the ultimate subject changer

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Also, I’m absolutely not condoning any type of threat; I’d hate to have a public profile where I was subjected to threats of violence etc, BUT is it only me who is very suspicious about Jack’s claim that she is the recipient of death threats, threats of assault and sexual assault on the regular?
I personally don’t know anyone this has happened to but I’d, perhaps wrongly, have assumed that the police would be involved, and that someone as public as Jack would have spoken about it on her Twitter?
if it were me I’d be less inclined to post which bus I was on, where I was at any given time and when I was leaving my house.
surely the police would advise her to keep a low profile whilst they investigated?
As you say threats of any kind are to be condemned and should in the majority of cases be referred straight to the police. Like you I find it very puzzling that we never see any evidence of these threats on Twitter or other social media. If they were in the form of emails/dms/letters then it's very out of character for Jack not to share them - think of the sympathy donations she'd get. Perhaps when she sues all of Tattle our solicitors shall be able to question her on this extraordinary state of affairs.

Reactions: 40
I don't know about you Fraus, but, I don't think those meetings existed.....

Fuuuuck, she's gunning.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I wonder if Jack has tweeted about JKR so she’ll be sent some real death threats/horrible tweets to show how bullying and mean twitter is.
Speculation m’lud
I think one of the Twitter comments has hit the nail on the head, someone called Jack out for being involved with Gingerbread because JKR is their patron. Jack is terrified of being cancelled by lefty Twitter so she thought she’d counteract the call out, and then all hell broke loose. I’m actually worried for her, I’m here for the slop, the jokes and to watch the grifting have a light shone it, not to see her get destroyed.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Paging @heretoreaditall2019 - can we get a, I think you call it a scrape (which always makes me feel a bit 🤢 for smear test) of the Paetron numbers during todays little twitter frenzy. I’d be interested to see if all her middle class supporters are still so happy to tip up now:
TIA 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 43
is it only me who is very suspicious about Jack’s claim that she is the recipient of death threats, threats of assault and sexual assault on the regular?
Influencers say this all the time because it's a win win - no one will ever defend such comments and by stating you don't believe that it happened you look like the bad person.

I'm sure social media filters would block this out and the vast majority of times they're making it up to misdirect and take the attention away from genuine issues. Manipulative tits.

Reactions: 49
She’s not clever enough for these ‘gotcha’ replies. If you say, ‘don’t compare me to JK Rowling’ is is very clear what you are referring to. And it’s nothing to do with people treating single mothers like monoliths.

Reactions: 41
I wonder if she's done this horrid very public biting of a hand that just fed her because she wants to get off twitter for a while (coz TROLLS) but actually to just hope we forget the TEN THOUSAND POUNDS JACKANORY MONROE OWES THE TRUSSELL TRUST.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
These are just some of the messages I received online a few years back (I was targeted by an idiot right winger who had an issue with one of my distant family)- if JM had received anything like this I'm sure she'd have tweeted the hell out of it

me1.png

me2.png
me3.png
me4.png

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 88
FWIW I think from what I’ve read is that JKRs stance is not anti trans. She’s actually very supportive of trans rights. Her stance is protecting womens spaces, and protecting womens rights. In the not too distant past woman's rights and woman's spaces were not a thing, and I do think it is important to allow women to feel safe in spaces they are comfortable in. She’s not anti trans, but pro woman's rights. I do think the erosion of woman’s hard fought for rights does need to be considered in the trans debate 🤷🏼‍♀️

Jack is just being hideous today. Hideous.
Exactly right.

JKR has pointed out that there is a conflict between trans rights and womens rights. Because not all women are comfortable with trans women (with penises) in female only spaces. Not all women are happy to be labelled pregnant people, menstruators and cervix havers. She’s not saying that trans people are not deserving of rights, only that they cannot and should not trump women’s rights.

And yet - curiously - the prevailing message on Twitter is that JKR is a disgusting hateful bigot who wants trans people erased from the planet and is personally responsible for scores of dead trans people. I mean… really?

• Heart
Reactions: 113
I hope Cooper is hanging out with the brambly mice in the sun and not giving Jack any catto ammunition.

Jack’s continuous doubling down is both spectacular and mortifying to watch

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.