Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

colouredlines

VIP Member
I made a recap template:

In the last thread, Jack spent a lot of money on _____________.
She bought unnecessary ________________ to add to the piles of unused tat in the shitty bungalow.
She cooked a disgusting plate of ______________.
She told an improbable anecdote about ____________.
She blamed her awful personality on _______________.
She did/did not (delete as applicable) pay money to the Trussell Trust.

So:

In the last thread, Jack spent a lot of money on a holiday in Norfolk.
She bought unnecessary 1970s cookbooks to add to the piles of unused tat in the shitty bungalow.
She cooked a disgusting plate of chicken drummers.
She told an improbable anecdote about security at the House of Commons.
She blamed her awful personality on toothache, autism.
She did/did not pay money to the Trussell Trust.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 176

EllaEm87

VIP Member
FWIW I think from what I’ve read is that JKRs stance is not anti trans. She’s actually very supportive of trans rights. Her stance is protecting womens spaces, and protecting womens rights. In the not too distant past woman's rights and woman's spaces were not a thing, and I do think it is important to allow women to feel safe in spaces they are comfortable in. She’s not anti trans, but pro woman's rights. I do think the erosion of woman’s hard fought for rights does need to be considered in the trans debate 🤷🏼‍♀️

Jack is just being hideous today. Hideous.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 147

Terrible

VIP Member
Can I just say, I read the JKR stuff by her this morning, and was really worried it had the potential to split our lovely cabal apart. I think we’re all aware that between us we hold a multitude of different views on gender issues, and we’ve always treated this place as a haven away from it all, like WWI soldiers playing football in the trenches, and I’m SO FUCKING PROUD OF US that we were able to come together in our disgust at Jack’s blatant grandstanding to make this a truly magnificent top-chaos day. And I hope everyone, regardless of your beliefs and views, and especially if you had to take a break today, is ok tonight.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 142

colouredlines

VIP Member
Just caught up. Can we take a moment to appreciate this exchange:

7D6B8136-8D9E-4876-BFCB-B5E9D66C2991.jpeg
93A5302D-C5CA-4A60-A1E0-AF957034E60C.jpeg

Southend, 2012.

Journalist: "Wow what an amazing story! Poor single mum turned writer - you know what, I'll put in the article that you could be the next JK Rowling."

Jack Monroe: "Please don't."

Journalist: "Why don't you want to be compared to a beloved bestselling author who does fuckloads for charity?"

Jack Monroe: "I dunno, I just think that maybe in 6 or 7 years' time she might say something controversial about trans people, so let's leave it out."

She's so full of shit, you could put her in a bag and use it to trigger Iqbal from Sainsbury's.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 123

jenny2603

VIP Member
Squigs in response to Dresserman tweeting about the relaunch of the Asda Smart Price range.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 14.55.02.png

Screenshot 2022-03-22 14.55.14.png

It's like everywhere is Tattle today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 119

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Well well well the journalist has just confirmed the article they are looking to write is about Jack.

INJECT THIS INTO MY VEINS 💉💉💉

25A1974A-CE3D-466D-AABE-05E418D7A280.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 119

maytoseptember

VIP Member
FWIW I think from what I’ve read is that JKRs stance is not anti trans. She’s actually very supportive of trans rights. Her stance is protecting womens spaces, and protecting womens rights. In the not too distant past woman's rights and woman's spaces were not a thing, and I do think it is important to allow women to feel safe in spaces they are comfortable in. She’s not anti trans, but pro woman's rights. I do think the erosion of woman’s hard fought for rights does need to be considered in the trans debate 🤷🏼‍♀️

Jack is just being hideous today. Hideous.
Exactly right.

JKR has pointed out that there is a conflict between trans rights and womens rights. Because not all women are comfortable with trans women (with penises) in female only spaces. Not all women are happy to be labelled pregnant people, menstruators and cervix havers. She’s not saying that trans people are not deserving of rights, only that they cannot and should not trump women’s rights.

And yet - curiously - the prevailing message on Twitter is that JKR is a disgusting hateful bigot who wants trans people erased from the planet and is personally responsible for scores of dead trans people. I mean… really?

• Heart
Reactions: 113

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
wanted to post this TD tweet so jack sees it (wait silly me…i forgot that jack never reads tattle and it must be true due to her compulsive truth telling disorder)

32B686D1-2D55-4C21-9D2B-A97BF376F7D2.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 113