Jack Monroe #272 Jack would like some attention on the internet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah šŸ˜ not to defend Jack but she clearly isnā€™t engaging with the conversation anymore so why they had to put her tweets back out there...bad move imo.
They're idiots, but if those are tweets she deleted, another 'supportive' place putting them out there is actually a good thing I think

Reactions: 24
Didnā€™t some of us say that we had reported Jackā€™s tweets this morning (in regard to the HoC ones)?

Could she have been on here, seen those posts and then when she realised that she made an epic mistake wrt to the JK ones, deleted them but knew she had a ā€œ report cardā€ to fall back on. We had reported her earlier so if there was digging to be done then tattle was a source of the reports?

Maybe too cryptic.

Sorry.

Reactions: 23
They're idiots, but if those are tweets she deleted, another 'supportive' place putting them out there is actually a good thing I think
I agree, another place that has them works towards stopping her saying the screenshots are faked or whatever excuse she'll come up with.

Reactions: 20
View attachment 1142821

Squig has about 1500 followers
As much as I welcome any new Fraus (Wiki and Thread 31 are good starting points) I do worry tweets that name Tattle will just be twisted to ā€˜bullying horrid corner of the internetā€™/ā€˜trollsā€™ compared to those pointing out the inconsistencies without naming us.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Omg the Brie and bacon risotto had unlocked a memory of nearly starting a fire in my old flat with a copy of A Girl Called Jack Iā€™ve left on a turned on hob one evening (it was early motherhood days mā€™lord). It was a library copy I never returned, Iā€™ll try to find it šŸ˜‚
60F417B6-6D7B-41CC-9710-B23523EF5955.jpeg

was it a premonition?

ETA: woman of our times pmsl

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
FWIW I think from what Iā€™ve read is that JKRs stance is not anti trans. Sheā€™s actually very supportive of trans rights. Her stance is protecting womens spaces, and protecting womens rights. In the not too distant past woman's rights and woman's spaces were not a thing, and I do think it is important to allow women to feel safe in spaces they are comfortable in. Sheā€™s not anti trans, but pro woman's rights. I do think the erosion of womanā€™s hard fought for rights does need to be considered in the trans debate šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Jack is just being hideous today. Hideous.

jkr might have started off supportive of trans people, but she's so far down the rabbit hole now, it's unreal

back on topic, jack's a bleep and all of this could easily been avoided and, quite frankly, i could do with a good old fashioned slop right now

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
As much as I welcome any new Fraus (Wiki and Thread 31 are good starting points) I do worry tweets that name Tattle will just be twisted to ā€˜bullying horrid corner of the internetā€™/ā€˜trollsā€™ compared to those pointing out the inconsistencies without naming us.

Itā€™s a tough one isnā€™t it? We all came from somewhere that highlighted tattle and we all (for the most part) stayed.

However, for most of us, it is still a shameful secret. I am still terrified that when I type, I will mistakenly WhatsApp the thread link to my mother who is aware of tattle from the guardian and therefore has her/the guardianā€™s views of this place set in stone.

More people=more awareness but after today that looks like it is happening without us. We can carry on with our gifs in peace.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
jkr might have started off supportive of trans people, but she's so far down the rabbit hole now, it's unreal

back on topic, jack's a bleep and all of this could easily been avoided and, quite frankly, i could do with a good old fashioned slop right now
we think we could do with a good old-fashioned slop but then one arrives and we all run away screaming.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
What a day to be alive!!
My hot take: she had a couple of days of abstaining from Twitter, and felt invigorated on her return from the Ā£732 per night property.
She expected a heroes welcome on Twitter, thought she would be received as a messiah following her trip to the HoC, got entangled in a web of lies that she created, got narky with the wrong people, and is now tasting her own medicine by being the recipient of a pile-on. Something which she is clearly keen to instigate when itā€™s for others.
like all cowardly bullies, sheā€™s started a fight and walked away from it.
Sheā€™s a horrible individual, and I truly hope anyone whoā€™s had any notion of working with her on the back of Southend Asda having no cheap rice one day in February, now carries out some due diligence and distance themselves from her.
there is literally no brand she can enhance, not even her own.

ps, as someone said earlier up thread (apologies, I donā€™t remember who it was) she could have used her Twitter platform to give credit or thanks to those who attended the event last night, she could have recommended following their pages, talked about the good work theyā€™ve done, talked about Gingerbread and instead we got a potential lie about a police officer at the HoC waving her through on the basis of her good work (on the same day the trial commenced on the act of terrorism which killed her own bleeping MP!). Imagine using every single opportunity to make everything about yourself and then getting pissed off when called out?

whereā€™s your flying donkeys now, fuckface?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
This is going to get very, very messy.

View attachment 1142849
Peoples conspiracys over reporting systems is bonkers. So often we have to deal with silly comments on tattle threads where people are running around scared that X's fans are signing up to tattle and will get tattlers accounts banned with spurious reports. eh? that makes no sense.

I highly doubt twitter tell people delete this post else we'll suspend you account. They might give a warning over posts but it would probably be irrelevant if they deleted the post or not.

This trans safety profile has no idea what tweet Jack made that might have got a warning. Very disingenuous to say it was those two when it's highly likely if she did get a warning it was for a subsequent post. As a mod here you see it all the time people lying about why they were given a warning o_O

Saying that twitter / facebook / Instagram seem to interesting approach to reports and even really threatening posts they claim don't break their terms. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 57
grift.png
grifter.png

ETA - I didn't retweet the ones that say 'you retweeted', I took them from someone else's tweet

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Im on a grunk, just wanted to pop to the future and say I'm not ashamed to be a single parent. However I am ashamed to be affiliated with/represented by Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I wonder if Jack has tweeted about JKR so sheā€™ll be sent some real death threats/horrible tweets to show how bullying and mean twitter is.
Speculation mā€™lud

• Wow
Reactions: 32
I wonder if Jack has tweeted about JKR so sheā€™ll be sent some real death threats/horrible tweets to show how bullying and mean twitter is.
Speculation mā€™lud
I honestly wouldn't be suprised. She had replies on for the post at the start when surely it's exactly the kind of post you wouldn't want to do this for. Especially as she so often turns them off for other topics so she's deviated from typical behaviour.

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.