Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not gonna lie I have considered doing this. But so far common sense has prevailed.
I have friends who do this with their kids packed lunches. They make a batch up and freeze them. Act as coolers too.

Jack ain't making sandwiches. Like two dinners a night. Nor the three recipes a week. I'm still shocked about a trifle being produced!

Reactions: 25
Why does she need people to tell her about sandwiches? Who needs sandwich guidance? They're the most intuitive of foods.

Idk, Jack, whack some leftover peach and chickpea curry between some soft soft white bread and call it coronation chicken, everything's interchangeable.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
When I was searching for the trifle in a lamp yesterday I seen this and honestly it knocked me sick. So in case she needs a reminder:
0C0DF7AF-935D-4627-A6D2-B74D9590B7E1.jpeg
DA505772-72DA-4ADD-8635-F7CB828975E0.jpeg

firstly, the sandwiches would have most likely fallen apart in a child’s bag if that’s how loosely they were wrapped;
Secondly, imagine feeding that cooking bacon to your only child?
and finally, my favourite sandwich would be a £5,000 pound note sandwiched between two lightly buttered £2,500 notes.
To the wanker who said roast beef with English mustard and horseradish - what 9 year old wants that?!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Not gonna lie I have considered doing this. But so far common sense has prevailed.
I’m not lying to you lot. I totes do this. Mrs T gets up at some ridiculous hour and crumbs do my nut in. Reducing the number of times I have to clear up crumbs by 50% is a good thing in my book so I make both sandwiches the night before.

Ban me. I’ll try to reload Twitter and go rogue.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Think how many simple sandwiches you could make out of £10k.
39p for a smart price load of bread gives you approx 20 slices and 10 sandwiches
£3.65 for smart price cheese 825g
74p Asda sandwich pickle.
If only I had a big wooden calculator and time out of my 100 hour week to dick about and work this out. Would be more fun than name that sandwich 🥪

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Glad(?) I didn't imagine the grated carrot and soft cheese shenanigans! I seem to recall variations popped up for quite some time.

Only someone infrequently making lunch boxes and/or with too much time on their hands would make something like that.

Keep it simple indeed....

• Haha
Reactions: 29
When I was searching for the trifle in a lamp yesterday I seen this and honestly it knocked me sick. So in case she needs a reminder:
View attachment 1124815View attachment 1124816

firstly, the sandwiches would have most likely fallen apart in a child’s bag if that’s how loosely they were wrapped;
and finally, my favourite sandwich would be a £5,000 pound note sandwiched between two lightly buttered £2,500 notes.
To the wanker who said roast beef with English mustard and horseradish - what 9 year old wants that?!
Great natural laxative right there

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
This one ended me.
my Scottish sisters/fraus will appreciate this one. Tattie scones with banana, and another declaration from SB.
52BEAE7B-875D-4094-A2A2-E8BF3B1E284D.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
View attachment 1124815View attachment 1124816

I'd go bleeping wild too if I'd have found that in my lunchbox.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
If she could just walk towards the car with a suitcase full of money for the Trussell Trust, I will walk towards her with a failsafe sandwich for a 9 year old and we'll swap.

All 9 year olds like exactly the same sandwich

• Haha
  • Heart
Jack while you're reading here, take a look in Off Topic - there's a thread on sandwiches. Knock yourself out babes.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
This one ended me.
my Scottish sisters/fraus will appreciate this one. Tattie scones with banana, and another declaration from SB. View attachment 1124840
SB's completely genuine declarations kill me. That's something I'd eat when stoned and regret the next morning. My best friend did once make me what I still consider the most amazing sandwich ever when I lived with her post-break up for a while and I'm wondering now if I offended her by not immediately declaring I'd never leave.

• Haha
If she could just walk towards the car with a suitcase full of money for the Trussell Trust, I will walk towards her with a failsafe sandwich for a 9 year old and we'll swap.

All 9 year olds like exactly the same sandwich

All 9 year olds are interchangeable, like herbs and black clothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I am a simple Frau mine is Nutella.

Also I am concerned if she howled like a banshee in the middle of the night wouldn't that have terrified her kid.
Hope he was ok when he realised his mum wasn't murdered!
Poor kid!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.