Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am a simple Frau mine is Nutella.

Also I am concerned if she howled like a banshee in the middle of the night wouldn't that have terrified her kid.
Hope he was ok when he realised his mum wasn't murdered!
Poor kid!
Ahhhhhh! Great point!

Where was SB?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
SB's completely genuine declarations kill me. That's something I'd eat when stoned and regret the next morning. My best friend did once make me what I still consider the most amazing sandwich ever when I lived with her post-break up for a while and I'm wondering now if I offended her by not immediately declaring I'd never leave.
Very gauche quoting myself but I bet if she ever lets him leave for uni then she'll pack him off with her own slop manuals instead of the usual '100 easy recipes for students' stuff. Also she'll turn up at halls and expect everyone to know who she is

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Cheese and marmite on white bread or peanut butter and jam on brown. Or peanut butter and marmite on white.

Now I'm hungry and cucumber-husband is doing a new recipe, from a book. He's not got amazing cooking instincts so I'm glad it's from a book with clear instructions and no waffle and no skipped steps.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m behind on Jack’s chaos’ (thank you ACTUAL Covid!) however why was she on the telly dresses like Maggie Thatcher?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Oh fuxk that’s just made me think…she’s got some school meal gig of a life time 😡
@Hollaaa (can’t do bit quotes now) but this “ I will say of my experience it has never been right since and I should have been taken to A&E, even if it was in the last century when 'walking it off' was regarded as cutting edge technology” reminded me of my Narc mum (who seems more like Jack every day) telling my big brother his leg was just badly bruised and he should go out and play. Some days later he walked himself to the childrens hospital in Manc (Boothhall) which was about 3 miles from our house, where they had to operate on his gangrenous leg, they said it was a couple of days shy of being whipped off, where he remained for 3 months. Said it was the best 3 months of his childhood, had his own bed, fed 3 meals a day, didn’t get battered daily and the nurses were lush, I was jealous!
It won't be Chartwells after all the hoo-ha, because Allegra has got it! I wondered if it was a bit of revenge...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Heston Blumenthal did a tv show , possibly on channel 4 where he looked at sandwiches in great depth, including wether squashing them made them better. My favourite sandwhich at 9 ( and still now at 39) is peanut butter , marmite and ready salted crisps on white bread ( preferably mighty white )

also it’s good to know that while announcing that increasing food prices etc is going to kill so many people , Jack herself can afford to gobble up her prepared lunch at midnight , before replacing the next day .What a luxury to be able to afford 4 meals a day. Thank the baby cheesus that Jack is such a budgeting wizz she can accommodate those extra meals in her £20 a week shop .

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
When I was searching for the trifle in a lamp yesterday I seen this and honestly it knocked me sick. So in case she needs a reminder:
View attachment 1124815View attachment 1124816

firstly, the sandwiches would have most likely fallen apart in a child’s bag if that’s how loosely they were wrapped;
Secondly, imagine feeding that cooking bacon to your only child?
and finally, my favourite sandwich would be a £5,000 pound note sandwiched between two lightly buttered £2,500 notes.
To the wanker who said roast beef with English mustard and horseradish - what 9 year old wants that?!
I know it is all performative for JM but suggesting putting yellow sticker salad into a batch of sandwich filler that she claims lasts a few days, for a child... Bacteria sarnie anyone? On the bright side SB must have developed a strong immune system over the years, the amount of germs he is likely to have been exposed to 🦠

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
This one ended me.
my Scottish sisters/fraus will appreciate this one. Tattie scones with banana, and another declaration from SB. View attachment 1124840
I am sickened on behalf of the nation😩 and not just because of the ‘potato cakes’ reference. Though on that, if she was trying to cosplay as Scottish during this period she FAILED at the first hurdle. It’s a Tattie scone Jack and you have ruined it x

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I'm bored. I want my aneurysm and I want it NOW! <Veruca Salt intensifies>

Also how the duck does someone truffle away at something? Her son is a truffle pig? Tbh that would explain why he routinely devours the most appalling slop and declares it the best ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I am sickened on behalf of the nation😩 and not just because of the ‘potato cakes’ reference. Though on that, if she was trying to cosplay as Scottish during this period she FAILED at the first hurdle. It’s a Tattie scone Jack and you have ruined it x
Presumably it's a Warburton's potato cake, I'm quite partial to them. But it's in no way a scotch pancake or an actual potato scone. Nor does that dish look remotely edible nevermind appetising 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Hes a truffle pig because whenever he finds something to eat his mother takes it away from him (and has the first bite).

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Presumably it's a Warburton's potato cake, I'm quite partial to them. But it's in no way a scotch pancake or an actual potato scone. Nor does that dish look remotely edible nevermind appetising 🤢
I will admit I was not forensic in my potato analysis. I only glanced at the dish as I felt it triggering my Tattie related CPTSD x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.