Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The best few ingredient Sandwich (IMO) is:

Crusty bread, lurpack butter, Dressed crab, maybe a dash of vinegar.

Not sure anyone would want to pay ~ £6-10 for a kids packed lunch sarnie mind.

What a question though, I mean kids like
Ham, cheese, chicken, peanut butter, jam, Nutella, egg mayo, tuna mayo, Billy the bear, chopped pork etc
Add some salad if they'll eat it and you have it in.
Add a condiment as required.

The mind boggles.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This one ended me.
my Scottish sisters/fraus will appreciate this one. Tattie scones with banana, and another declaration from SB. View attachment 1124840
I'm sorry but these aren't tattie scones, they are Irish potato cakes. I'm a traitor to my country because I actually prefer these to the triangle proper tattie scones.

Nothing can beat my grandma's fresh home made tattie scones with leftover mash from dinner. I've tried to recreate them a few times but never managed it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm sorry but these aren't tattie scones, they are Irish potato cakes. I'm a traitor to my country because I actually prefer these to the triangle proper tattie scones.

Nothing can beat my grandma's fresh home made tattie scones with leftover mash from dinner. I've tried to recreate them a few times but never managed it.
You need a ridiculous amount of flour in the flour to potato ratio. I did them once, then went back to shop bought for the convenience.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Just want to say that tattie scones are triangular. I will be taking no questions on the subject at this time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I quite like my mental image of Jack strutting up to her front door, after all she used to cower in the corner when anyone knocked, and then absolutely shitting herself when it’s Action Fraud.

I always thought she was a twit, but I never thought she’d go as far as to steal charity money. Money designed to ‘feed people for three days’. Just goes to show she doesn’t give a duck about anyone except herself and spoooooons.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
How dare you all doubt the strength and durability of everyone's favourite sideboard bench presser.

In other news I was singing away to Pet Shop Boys : West end girls this morning and it is just begging for a Jack Based rewrite

Sometimes you're grandad is DEAD
There's a big ginger cat and it's sleeping on your bed
She's bleeping mad, too unstable
Kicking in shins and bench pressing tables
In a bunglaow in a SouthEnd town
Call the police, there's a mad (wo) man around
Falling down underground on way to Asda
In a South End town

… In a SouthEnd town, in the slop bowl world
The smallest boys and litigating girls

… Too many educated, tattling voices
Face tune on iphone too many choices
If, when, why, what?
How many followers have you got?
Have you got it, do you get it, if so, how often?
Which do you choose, a hard or slop option

Etc
Normally I’m not a mega fan of the songs (please don’t remove my Frau badge) but this had me choking on a slice of pizza. And I take pizza very seriously. I envisaged this as the Flight of the Choncords version.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
You need a ridiculous amount of flour in the flour to potato ratio. I did them once, then went back to shop bought for the convenience.
I just got an air fryer and tried once again (after a gap of years) to make some with leftover mash. I will try again but use more flour next time, or even look up an actual recipe instead of just bunging stuff together.

Jack, my favourite sandwich is cheese, onion, tomato with mango chutney.

Can you now publish the vimesbootindex.

Can you also declare how much money you raised from your dead people can't riot t shirts and how much is going to the trussel trust and how much is going to independent foodbanks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Admittedly one of my kids eats pretty much the same food everyday because of sensory issues, he can't even contemplate eating a sandwich. He certainly couldn't eat that particularly stodgy mix of squidgy consistencies even with crisps inserted to presumably add some actual texture. The way Jack eats you'd assume she doesn't have teeth
I sometimes wonder if she does?! Not going to lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I'd forgotten she'd inexplicably posted that horrid sandwich in triplicate, Marm 😂 Let us also not forget that the brown paper bag it sweated overnight in was from her single trip to Dave the grocer, previously filled with unwashed veg. Every kid's favourite packed lunch: limp sloppy vegetables with parasites and tetanus.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Who knows. May be Jack is trying to gather evidence to present to Mr lawyer, of 1 Israel Street Israel

I still think it was Jack inflating (possibly by 344%) the amount she raised rather than any planned fraud. But I guess we will never know.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.