Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She never seems to have lasting repercussions from these accidents either, unless there's a deadline/charity donation/tax man looming. I got a traffic cone into the coccyx aged 10 playing footie and it still fucks me up now sometimes. I might start using that as my go-to for pulling a sicky. 'Sorry but I took a cone to the arse 24 years ago and therefore am too incapable to come to work'.
My partner literally dislocated their knee in a car accident 6 years ago, it still plays them up to this day.

She is a fantasist.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I interrupt these tales of Sandwiches from the Days of Yore to bring you this humble account of what a brilliant generous person Jack is, written, of course, by Jack.

(pics in wrong order. Soz)
Sorry; on a bit of a dog walking grunk. In the 9yrs between her posting this and the pov (I think that’s correct) she’s had immeasurable acts of kindness bestowed upon her and only paid one back?
Then to top it all off she contemplated a crowdfunding to buy a bike for the boy?!
All of this is making me cringe so hard my toes are curling and it’s difficult to walk, but the cherry on top for me is…
Credit: Jack Monroe

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
White bread spread with real butter filled with salt and vinegar crisps. Done. Is this the next big index?
Prawn cocktail crisps, salad cream and the ubiquitous thick spread real butter .
Failing that sugar, and of course butter, hundreds and thousands occasionally.
This was the days before we discovered brown food and all sugar sandwiches from thenceforth became a disappointment.
Along with most other foodstuffs
Obvs the first thing to go was white sugar, moved to brown Demerara and then it was muscovado
Everything with wheat became wholegrain
White flour became brownadded wheatgerm to everything
Coffee became chicory
Chocolate became carob
Everything looked and tasted the same, brown and heavy and overcooked.
Although muscovado melted into porridge is still a pleasurable slop with bread and butter

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I think she should have went to hospital for a check up anyway. No one is going to thank her for being a martyr.

Reactions: 17
Not gonna lie I have considered doing this. But so far common sense has prevailed.
You could do the sandwich in the fridge the night before thing then role play going to the shops, take £2.50 with you and weigh up what meal deal extras to have with it - two digestives or a chocolate bourbon and a babybel. Never mind just remembered we’re allowed out again

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Why 9? Sb is 11
The 9 year child of her new loverrrrrrrrr?

I lost the post ref supermarket staff saving yellow sticker stuff for themselves and their f&f.

Whilst I kind of understand the chagrin, I know that my local Tesco staff do this but the Tesco is a late nighter,by a rough pub in a non salubrious area and they take a lot of crap from customers and criminals.

There aren't many jobs with perks these days and if they're benefitting from a few bits of food which have short use by date on them then who I am I to judge?

The less rough places like m&s and Waitrose have crowds of 'nice' moneysaving types hanging round and commandeering the yellow sticker application station and they generally go at the same time every day and get all the deals before regular customers get a look in.

who's to say they deserve it more because they're not paid to be there?

The eternal conundrum of the deserving poor .

the olio app can be a good place to get short dated supermarket food, particularly breadstuffs and the too good to go app can be good for unsold cafe stuff (mainly chains)

Reactions: 24
Jack has published 6 recipe books and yet asks for advice on what to put in a sandwich? I'm so weirdly fascinated by this bizarre character she plays online. Someone could write a full PhD thesis on the many personalities and professions of Jack Monroe.
Hard same!
Textbook material (in my opinion only M' Lud).

Reactions: 16
God her squigs are exhausting, english mustard and horseradish? Jam you made yourself? Bread you made yourself? Did you do that when you were nine aye?? Come on tae duck squigs!

A8DBD673-3419-47A1-AAE5-22DA4529D4B5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I’m not lying to you lot. I totes do this. Mrs T gets up at some ridiculous hour and crumbs do my nut in. Reducing the number of times I have to clear up crumbs by 50% is a good thing in my book so I make both sandwiches the night before.

Ban me. I’ll try to reload Twitter and go rogue.
But do you stay home? Have lunch at home?

I hate soggy sandwiches and often take bits separately, I.e I won’t put the beetroot in until I am ready to eat

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Gosh!

brave.jpg

Ah, she appears to be using the dextrous sandwich parry. Quick, cut up the sandwiches and use them to fill the GAPING HOLES in all of my stories!
Lettuce and salad cream was my 9 year old choice. In our house it is known as the "horse in the field". ;)
Grated carrot on a SARNIE...hahahahaha...barf!

Currently have bursitis and iliotibial band syndrome...feel fucked!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
She asks this like she didn’t have a year of a 9 year old of her own. Also why specifically 9? Do their sandwich tastes change exponentially for a year?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Stop getting days wrong Jack! It’s not sandwich day today, it’s Pi Day! I hope she makes us a spite pie (or π) to celebrate.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Dont suggest she goes to hospital. The staff at Southend General deserve better. They've suffered enough.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.