Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here's hoping Coops (mate) tripped her up as she brought it to the table.
I'm roughly 15 pages behind but I already know that you manifested this and caused an early morning chaos that brought out A&E Dr Jack to fix a dislocated knee. Speed reading to get to that part of the *soap opera that is Jack Monroe*. Trying not to have an aneurysm with all the excitement. Toot toot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I have a headache the size of Norway and she's really toasting my coconuts.

I texted eldest son to ask about dislocated knees (he's a doctor, it's not just our fave topic of conversation) and you're supposed to go to urgent care/A&E even if it goes back in by itself. It can take up to 6 weeks to heal.

Just say you sprained something, Jack. Make the lies believeable, for ONCE.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I've done this, in fact, for maximum Jack points, my sister did this to me when she rudely kicked me down our wooden, steep non-spiral stairs when I was a teenager. My mum came and told both of us off, told me my knee looked disgusting and she was going in the back garden to calm down. By the time she had 'calmed down' my knee cap had somehow slid back into place with no intervention and no need to inform my dad when he got home from work, or seek medical attention. Did nip a bit, mind you.
Don't feel sorry for me, being stung by a wasp and having a root canal both hurt more. Toot toot!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Dislocated knee = Diversion tactic
The bookers on Dancing on ice and Strictly will need to go back to the drawing board.
😜

• Haha
Reactions: 37
It is possible to dislocate a joint and pop it back in, if you have EDS Hypermobility type. I have it and yes I've popped a knee back in when I tumbled down the stairs. You are not absolutely fine after, the joint remains unstable and inflamed for a good while after, not to mention other injuries as a result of the fall, mine being spinal damage which is going to need surgery 6 years after the event. Hypermobility can run in the family though so there's a chance it could have happened, but you don't just bounce back to being fine straightaway.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
It is possible to dislocate a joint and pop it back in, if you have EDS Hypermobility type. I have it and yes I've popped a knee back in when I tumbled down the stairs. You are not absolutely fine after, the joint remains unstable and inflamed for a good while after, not to mention other injuries as a result of the fall, mine being spinal damage which is going to need surgery 6 years after the event. Hypermobility can run in the family though so there's a chance it could have happened, but you don't just bounce back to being fine straightaway.
Totally agree that anything like that needs urgent treatment of the non Urban Decay variety. I will say of my experience it has never been right since and I should have been taken to A&E, even if it was in the last century when 'walking it off' was regarded as cutting edge technology and getting off your tits in a field was a night out.

Anyway away from me and back to our plucky heroine, it's feasible but highly likely to be exaggerated for effect and someone in the public eye shouldn't be promoting this not seeking entirely appropriate medical attention approach - hate this pure Tory 'don't use the precious NHS resources getting something acute sorted, just create more low-level ongoing long-term problems for yourself' philosophy. Then again, I pay my taxes...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Jack probably thinks a “patella” is another word for her urban decay thingy so it is safe to say the knee event never happened.

Stand down everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I don't think that yellow sticker stuff should be a thing on tv programmes about budget cooking. They are too random. Besides at my nearest Supermarket and actually the only one in walking distance from me you can't get hardly any. The staff members keep things back and hand them over in bags and trollies full to their friends and relatives. I complained to the Manager and he wasn't concerned because it was all sold anyway. Especially when I wondered if the reduced fruit and veg ended up in his dads corner shop.
Eek I don't mean to rant but some things are infuriating.

• Wow
I've done this, in fact, for maximum Jack points, my sister did this to me when she rudely kicked me down our wooden, steep non-spiral stairs when I was a teenager. My mum came and told both of us off, told me my knee looked disgusting and she was going in the back garden to calm down. By the time she had 'calmed down' my knee cap had somehow slid back into place with no intervention and no need to inform my dad when he got home from work, or seek medical attention. Did nip a bit, mind you.
Don't feel sorry for me, being stung by a wasp and having a root canal both hurt more. Toot toot!
Slight lol at "knee rail".

And my own:

I've never dislocated my knee, but I've seen someone do it. It looks grim, and we needed to call an ambulance.

What I have done is injured my knee several times, dunno exactly what I did because - being a kid / young adult (I was 21 the most recent time) - I didn't bother going to A&E. Given that on the most recent occasion it took about 6 weeks before I could run on it and about 2 more before I felt confident doing so I would say I probably sprain a ligament somewhere. I don't recommend it.

And bee stings are more painful than wasp stings.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I really don’t care if the amount raised was £50, I just want to see receipts of the money being sent from Teemill, and to TT. It’s the principle (really) of being open and transparent. If these zelebs and instahuns carry on unchecked, everyone will be claiming they’ve raised thousands for charity. It’s not hard, you don’t need the big graphics total like Comic Relief or the cardboard counter thing that got coloured in on Blue Peter. Just say the truth, then prove it’s true. Not an unreasonable ask.
I know I sound like a broken record but let us not forget A.N Other countless charities that were to be benefactors following TT distancing themselves. What will happen to that money. That’s what I want to know.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Wow, popping her own dislocated kneecap back in. What a superhuman feat. I guess only the special sort of people, those who were able to eyeball their own c section, are able to do this. Must be all the fish and bollocks!
Most definitely bollocks considering she fell on the stairs in the crappy bungalow.😁

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She probably bumped her knee slightly 🙄. Sigh.
The charity thing is now getting dodgy. She promised in several tweets the whole process would be transparent. She has not mentioned it for weeks. I too think she no way raised 10k, let alone 10k profit. It was showing off, bravado and a hope that if she said how popular the merch was people would keep buying it.

Now inane sandwich questions? Busy on the very long overdue Index then Jack?

• Haha
😂😂 Only she could trip and ‘dislocate’ her knee and then put it back into place.🙄🙄

It’s possibly one of the most painful injuries to suffer from, did she bite down on a piece of wood too as she performed this complicated manoeuvre?

Still a lying knob then.

….and why is she banging on about trifle again?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.