Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And yet she did, umprompted! I'm not a legal frau either I'm just sick of her tit, sick of her acting like she's some sort of hero for the poors when she doesn't even pay her way via tax. Sick of it I tells ya.
ETA also let's not forget for one minute that this isn't *her* donation, it's other people's, she hasn't put a penny in, she is just, as usual, the middleman. Why should charity donations have to go through her?
It's not dissimilar to 'buy 2 of my books, donate 1 to a food bank and give me the proceeds of both because I'm saving the poors and need to look virtuous'

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Guarantee this accident is her setting herself up for a few medical problems that will mysteriously delay the TT stuff

• Sad
Reactions: 45
Didn't she boast that she'd created an alcohol free kombucha? Am sure she said she had tested the alcoholic content and something about Mark Wright. Hmmm. 😂
Isn't that what pretty much what almost all kombucha companies already do? I'm sure I've read somewhere all the effort they go to in order to make sure it's alcohol free (or low enough to legally be called free).

Reactions: 31
Guarantee this accident is her setting herself up for a few medical problems that will mysteriously delay the TT stuff
The longer she delays it, the worse it's going to look. And the more people who are going to be questioning it. If she thinks she can ignore it and it will go away, she's got another think coming.

Reactions: 37
Trussell said they would take all donations she had already raised whilst using their name without consulting them. As said above could be less than £10,000 and the amount raised afterwards disappointingly small. Perhaps she wants to avoid mentioning the sum as it is an embarrassment to her.
Orrrrr she’s a thief who is counting on the very short attention span of Twitter users to just forget that she promised to give TT the proceeds.

Because you can’t blame the t shirt buyers for just… assuming she’ll donate the money as promised.

A few years ago, a local man on Facebook set up a Christmas fundraising drive for a child with a life limiting condition. It wasn’t until February or March rolled around that the poor family got the guts to expose the man for going AWOL with the cash. I think he was shamed into handing the money over in the end, but whether it was the true total or he’d creamed some off for himself, we’ll never know.

I don’t even think it started out as an elaborate scam… but something flipped a switch in him and he decided to try to keep the proceeds.

TL;DR it’s not unusual for people to accidentally on purpose forget to hand over charity money.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
What about her BIG NEWS that will literally make us seethe in rage? (Even more so than cake glitter!)

Honestly though, if she rocks up next on one of those mobility scooters, I will seethe.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Ha, in the film I think I’d cast Tracy Ann Oberman as she looked in Toast of London as landlady. I think she’s a total glamourpuss but world weary with “what’s that idiot doing now” View attachment 1124307
Christ, put a spoiler on that old trout please, I just vomited me Tuna Salad up! I despise that woman! Although, different story altogether than Jackanory 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
What about her BIG NEWS that will literally make us seethe in rage? (Even more so than cake glitter!)

Honestly though, if she rocks up next on one of those mobility scooters, I will seethe.
Here's one we could donate...
Screenshot_20220314-141245_Google.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Orrrrr she’s a thief who is counting on the very short attention span of Twitter users to just forget that she promised to give TT the proceeds.

Because you can’t blame the t shirt buyers for just… assuming she’ll donate the money as promised.

A few years ago, a local man on Facebook set up a Christmas fundraising drive for a child with a life limiting condition. It wasn’t until February or March rolled around that the poor family got the guts to expose the man for going AWOL with the cash. I think he was shamed into handing the money over in the end, but whether it was the true total or he’d creamed some off for himself, we’ll never know.

I don’t even think it started out as an elaborate scam… but something flipped a switch in him and he decided to try to keep the proceeds.

TL;DR it’s not unusual for people to accidentally on purpose forget to hand over charity money.
I just don't think she raised 10k and is too embarrassed to admit it by publicly donating the actual amount, so is sticking her head in the sand.

Maybe I'm too trusting but I don't think she'd purposefully steak 10k from charity.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Don’t believe her. That would be painful AF. Also may need supported afterwards so it doesn’t happen again. Billy bullshitter strikes again.

Reactions: 28
if you walk down twisty staircases in the dark there will be accidents. I know lighting= money but stupidity= a and e

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Couldn’t just trip down the stairs and slightly sprain a joint. Has to be a dislocation to pop back in. Always over-eggs it

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.