Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That makes me do cross. I'm a patreon supporter for a true crime podcast and they do extra episodes for supporters as well as competitions and a book group. They also send out stickers and badges etc. One of the presenters took a break for maternity leave so it wasn't really possible for the co-host to keep the normal podcast and all the extra episodes coming for a while and they were both so apologetic about it. And without (not out with) any need as they always provide so much content. With Jack all you get is vague, empty promises of content or post cards to arrive sometime never.
Yeah like I feel the Patreon update needs a caveat for thicko Jack who seems to think it’s an issue with the platform itself, it’s really not it’s a legitimate way for fans to connect with or just support creators they love. It’s an issue with a) her legacy subs acquired whilst she had an outright lie/beg as her £3.50 tier description and b) her new subs subscribing under the belief she works for free, is actually currently poor, and is an effective campaigner. The whole thing is simply a scam and immoral.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
That makes me do cross. I'm a patreon supporter for a true crime podcast and they do extra episodes for supporters as well as competitions and a book group. They also send out stickers and badges etc. One of the presenters took a break for maternity leave so it wasn't really possible for the co-host to keep the normal podcast and all the extra episodes coming for a while and they were both so apologetic about it. And without (not out with) any need as they always provide so much content. With Jack all you get is vague, empty promises of content or post cards to arrive sometime never.
I have a patreon for a true crime show too, and James and Jimmy do a ton of extras. Stickers, merch, extra episodes, shout-outs for newbies...and all Jackie's supporters get is.....

...exactly!. ⬆ F'all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Imagine stealing a tweet and clout chasing being more important to you that anything else on a day like today. Send some of your ill-gotten patreon money to those charities - that’s bleeping ‘tangible’.
Imagine being the person who decides, on a day like today, that JM is The Cause to which you're going to contribute. 🤷‍♀️ 😦

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
Yeah like I feel the Patreon update needs a caveat for thicko Jack who seems to think it’s an issue with the platform itself, it’s really not it’s a legitimate way for fans to connect with or just support creators they love. It’s an issue with a) her legacy subs acquired whilst she had an outright lie/beg as her £3.50 tier description and b) her new subs subscribing under the belief she works for free, is actually currently poor, and is an effective campaigner. The whole thing is simply a scam and immoral.
Yes and I'd have objection to Jack having a Patreon if she actually ran it properly and gave the paypigs something from time to time. Her wailing and slop isn't for me but for those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like and they should get what they pay for.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Cats are twats - what is she on about? Mine would leave me to die without so much as backwards glance… clearly her cat is a nicer soul then my demon.
My cat openly despises me. Unless I'm near the fridge because that is where the cheese is kept. Then he just tolerates me until he gets cheese

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Yes and I'd have objection to Jack having a Patreon if she actually ran it properly and gave the paypigs something from time to time. Her wailing and slop isn't for me but for those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like and they should get what they pay for.
Arguably they do. Jack Monroe is a spoiled, entitled person. Why oh why would she ever do anything for anyone when she can get a free ride through life instead?

Look at her Patreon bio for goodness sake -

By supporting my Patreon you're giving me space to create the work that really drives me - the free recipes on my website and allllll the admin work that that entails, the charity work I do for free for dozens of food organisations and NGOs tackling poverty, the school talks, the good stuff that makes a difference but doesn't pay the bills.

Imagine being so deluded of your own importance that you think other people should finance you, because heaven forbid Jack Monroe isn't free to wait by the phone for the media 24 hours a day. Those charities might just go under if she can't turn up and do speeches for them at a moment's notice!

It couldn't possibly be that she can't make an actual living doing this job because...she isn't good at it? because not many people actually want to hire her to hear her speak? It's funny how a lot of her work is 'behind the scenes' or 'in the DMs' isn't it?

It should tell her a lot that the only time she gets any significant attention it's off the back of other people's misery. She revels in it. She never highlights good things on her timeline, does she? Or other food writers or their successes?

I have no sympathy for her paypig enablers.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 75
Arguably they do. Jack Monroe is a spoiled, entitled person. Why oh why would she ever do anything for anyone when she can get a free ride through life instead?

Look at her Patreon bio for goodness sake -

By supporting my Patreon you're giving me space to create the work that really drives me - the free recipes on my website and allllll the admin work that that entails, the charity work I do for free for dozens of food organisations and NGOs tackling poverty, the school talks, the good stuff that makes a difference but doesn't pay the bills.

Imagine being so deluded of your own importance that you think other people should finance you, because heaven forbid Jack Monroe isn't free to wait by the phone for the media 24 hours a day. Those charities might just go under if she can't turn up and do speeches for them at a moment's notice!

It couldn't possibly be that she can't make an actual living doing this job because...she isn't good at it? because not many people actually want to hire her to hear her speak? It's funny how a lot of her work is 'behind the scenes' or 'in the DMs' isn't it?

It should tell her a lot that the only time she gets any significant attention it's off the back of other people's misery. She revels in it. She never highlights good things on her timeline, does she? Or other food writers or their successes?

I have no sympathy for her paypig enablers.
Which school talks? Slagging off Headteachers on Twitter then having to climb down doesn't count, Mackie.

As if any of us would let you and your lack of appropriate boundaries within a mile of a school.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Which school talks? Slagging off Headteachers on Twitter then having to climb down doesn't count, Mackie.

As if any of us would let you and your lack of appropriate boundaries within a mile of a school.
I didn't have the receipts but the same occurred to me. When has she ever been near a school in a professional capacity?

Reactions: 37
You can tell it's Friday night and people need a laugh. My mate just sent this to me. A real thing- I couldn't help but think of our fave Kumquat Princess...
Screenshot_20220225-191623_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Apologies, can't recall who said that outwith may have been picked up from a dalliance with a partner of the Scottish variety..? Could be on to something there, I did wonder what the 😉 was doing there at the end of her reply.

Eeesh, if so she'll be dropping Scottish breadcrumbs all over the show 😩
She'd better leave the Morhers Pride plain bread well alone or I'll come outwith the walls to show her the underneath of my kilt. And while I'm here, Oy Jackie, leave my bridge alone (yah prune)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
One of the uks airbases took a battering during storm Eunice, they lost the roof off one of the hangers it was really scarey.

For too early but "with all due respect, f off" would be a great you know what. Especially as for Jack, the due respect is none. Auto🥕 keeps trying to change due to dye, I guess it's not over the dodgy dye job yet
Auto 🥕keeps trying to change due to dye, I guess it's not over the dodgy dye job yet
I'm traumatised I tell ya 🥺

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
That makes me so cross. I'm a patreon supporter for a true crime podcast and they do extra episodes for supporters as well as competitions and a book group. They also send out stickers and badges etc. One of the presenters took a break for maternity leave so it wasn't really possible for the co-host to keep the normal podcast and all the extra episodes coming for a while and they were both so apologetic about it. And without (not out with) any need as they always provide so much content. With Jack all you get is vague, empty promises of content or post cards to arrive sometime never.
Seeino Red😁. I’m a Patreon supporter of theirs too….and they deliver what they promise unlike Jack,

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Because of Internet memes and political gossip, this reminded me of the rumour that Nicola Sturgeon is having a lesbian affair with the French Ambassador
That sounds so FANCY to me. Nicola, with zis tablet you are really spoiling moi 🍾🦉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Me-railing a little here, but I just had to say thank you for being so lovely and hilarious everyone. Today this thread has been the only part of the internet that has calmed my feelings of horror instead of exacerbating them, and that's been very much appreciated. Sending you all my love (and I haven't even opened the wine yet!)

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.