Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IMG_20220217_200541595.jpg

Sneak preview of Jacks Wartime Treats book coming soon to all good bookshops.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
I'm quite tempted to do a Julie & Julia-style cookalong when it finally comes out. We have a lot of seagulls here, and I'm curious to learn if there is anything that even they refuse to eat.
Begging you to do this . It would make a great TikTok series . Imagine the reach it would have !

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I'm quite tempted to do a Julie & Julia-style cookalong when it finally comes out. We have a lot of seagulls here, and I'm curious to learn if there is anything that even they refuse to eat.
You could call it Colouredlines & MonochromeJack

That is if Jack is still only wearing black (was she ever?)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Needs updating:
“It's all bullshit. Just a bunch of tit she's lifted off the internet and rewritten badly.” Orphan Black, Tattle
Will this tip be included in the thriftgrift? Is it frugal? Will Jack quote herself as the source?

Screenshot_20220226-002819_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Do we think Knitting Jack has come out play and is busy knitting balaclavas, gloves and socks for the troops? Not sure which troops but some hopeless squig will find their Queen some. 👸

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I don't think Jack knows the meaning of unctuous. Did she really mean to describe her egg as oily, greasy or soapy?

ETA She really doesn't know. I've just googled 'Jack Monroe unctuous' and found many examples. "Unctuous strawberry jam" indeed!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Could you imagine Jack in the RAF? I mean they could probably utilise her whining as soon sort of warning siren but other than giving it "wah wah I've got an ouchy, there's a bee in my hair and a stone in my shoe, I need a poo, are we there yet" I just can't imagine her doing anything.
Why has she got such an interest in following the same career path as her dad and brother?!

And also: I’m fully expecting some bastardised version of traditional Ukrainian food sat on a plate that’s conveniently positioned on a map that she has as a background for photographing slop.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Bloody hell sorry about the same multiple posts, my phone was having a chaos of its own!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Why has she got such an interest in following the same career path as her dad and brother?!

And also: I’m fully expecting some bastardised version of traditional Ukrainian food sat on a plate that’s conveniently positioned on a map that she has as a background for photographing slop.
she’s a personality leech! see also: talking like she raised foster care children single handedly, copying allegra’s quirky posh cluttered shithole aesthetic, starting her own ‘good news’ twitter when engaged to the most recent Mrs J, her own uncanny valley attempt at recreating nigellas writing style after Mom showed her just the slightest bit of attention …i’m sure there are so many more examples. It’s like her soul is a black void.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
John Lewis have just emailed customers to inform them they’re ending the never knowingly undersold promise, could this be the end of Jackie’s longest relationship to date? 😰

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Can't reply because its on another thread but that pic is giving me Sideshow Bob crossed with Ronald Macdonald

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Screenshot_20220225-153625_Chrome.jpg

Setting aside the price angle (lol), who drinks 750ml juice a day??? No wonder she keeps getting toothache...

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I'm not a mother, so I'll ask those of you who are: is it common to forget how many children you have?

Screenshot_20220225-155936_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.