Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any links for help or aid or humanitarian organisatons?
Thought not - General Jack wanted some attention. Prick

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
For example, Trifle Defender's excellent substack newsletter yesterday highlighted Olia Hercules, Ukrainian cookery writer living in the UK who has been using her Instagram account brilliantly and seriously over the last few months to build up awareness of what is happening. No slogans, no hot takes, just heart and soul. I hope it's OK to mention her by name, she has quite a big IG account/public profile but no blue tick on Twitter?
I was going to say the same thing, Olia’s posts have been deeply moving and personal. Urgh using her estranged brother as a tenuous link to centre herself into another terrible crisis because she is physically unable to not make everything about herself…she truly disgusts me. Plz just post some slop again i can’t deal with this Jack!

ps whoever said jack looks like sharon osborne, it’s eerily spot on 😱

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Jack's publisher:

Edited to add world's biggest eyeroll
ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS EXTRACT. MUST BUY. 10 OUT OF 10, NIGELLA LOVED IT TOO

("Read extract" button in link)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I read the extract. Great tip for those depressed/poor types to buy three (count ‘em) water bottles to ensure they stay hydrated rather than to just buy one and, like a maverick, refill it twice.
ETA-or to just make a point of drinking liquid from a glass a few times? Groundbreaking stuff, I know.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Wait, there's more.

In this extract from Pretending to be Vegan Sometimes - for 10 points - what is a lie in this story?

(Hint: there may be more than one)

Bread and Breakfast

‘Cheese’ and Marmite Giant Scone

Marmite is an excellent source of vital vitamins and minerals in a vegan diet, or at least, that’s my excuse for shovelling the black stuff into my face by the teaspoon when prowling my kitchen looking for a snack. I brought this scone along on the day we photographed the cover for this book, and the team was much larger than I realised. We cut it into slivers, but they were slivers that everyone raved about, and the smell of Marmitey baked goodness lingered hungrily in the air of the studio for the rest of the day

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I am just re/posting these earlier tweets in a oner for the archive, m'lud. Will have to be read bottom to top.

Screenshot_20220225-125039_Fenix.jpg

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I'm just watching Friends and Kathy reminded me of our fav headView attachment 1086855
That seems a little unfair on Kathy. I mean I know she cheated on Chandler and I know that she almost came between the real central couple of the series (Chanoey) but still. No evidence that she was a slop slinging twit weasel. (On behalf of the fifteen year old me that COVETED that hair do).

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Considering the actual details of her brother's role (I seem to recall a mention of military intelligence), I would have thought that the last thing somebody in that job would want or need is comments from a sibling who knows MPs, has spoken at conferences, visited Downing Street, has lived with the Head of C4 News, appears to be a 'friend' of the daughter of a member of a former cabinet minister, states that they are frequently contacted by political refugees for help and has claimed to know so much about Honours that she is aware of who has been given them before the legal embargo has been lifted and is clearly thick as tit alluding to government defence policy.

After all, if you were looking for people that might be of interest in terms of espionage/Russian style 'removals'/looking for leaks, the gobby twit sister on SM who is so gormless it takes about 2 minutes to find out her exact address, her parents' and everything else right up to and including her bowel and urinary habits, well, it makes a hard day's work for a hostile industrial military complex easy for you, doesn't it?

I can imagine that the speed with which those tweets were deleted was roughly consistent with the speed it takes to pick up the phone and hear 'Get. Those. Deleted. NOW' from your Dad.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
For example, Trifle Defender's excellent substack newsletter yesterday highlighted Olia Hercules, Ukrainian cookery writer living in the UK who has been using her Instagram account brilliantly and seriously over the last few months to build up awareness of what is happening. No slogans, no hot takes, just heart and soul. I hope it's OK to mention her by name, she has quite a big IG account/public profile but no blue tick on Twitter?
I have Mamushka! I love the way Olia writes! And TD obvs

Edit, sent too soon. I'm not on social media any more so I haven't seen her posts on Instagram but I know they'll be well thought out and articulate 💜

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Olia is a powerhouse and I suspect adored by her fellow writers. Jack can't be arsed to signal boost her. Says a lot. Also I think there's other food media people with loved ones in the military or charitable organizations involved in providing help.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.