Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's just it though, her world is very small. A little cushy bubble with Jack at the centre. She tries to speak with knowledge and authority about bigger issues, but gets it wrong everytime. She has no idea what she's talking about, no lived experience, and is incapable of reading the room and knowing when to shut the hell up for once.
She's like a gran or a FIL (just random examples!) who listens to talkback radio all day and watches "the news" and "current affairs" all night, and are expert on everything, by parrot learning on repeat

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Is it not surprising that this fuckwit of a 'writer' has a gullible fuckwit for a publisher?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
How long before we get Jack dropping heavy hints about joining the army before softly, gently, gingerly being told that they'd love to have her but can't because of one of her many, many SEVERE disabilities? And of course anyone who challenges that narrative is an ableist. This is ableist in the more rarely used sense of being a person who knows a fantasist when they see one.
This is the woman who didn't realise that she was on a 7,500 acre MOD site near where she has lived for most of her life, yes?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
How long before we get Jack dropping heavy hints about joining the army before softly, gently, gingerly being told that they'd love to have her but can't because of one of her many, many SEVERE disabilities? And of course anyone who challenges that narrative is an ableist. This is ableist in the more rarely used sense of being a person who knows a fantasist when they see one.
She tried to sign up to the RAF but failed the physical entrance test.

Eta, the fitness test part of it. She just couldn't run fast enough or something. She should've mentioned being able to bench press the Queen

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Why can't you just highlight Ukraine and Russian writers, Jack? Tweet links to their work and to aid organisations? Signal boost good reporters? And if you do this, avoid the temptation to quote tweet with a hot take.

For once in your bleeping life Jack, step aside from ego and you might gain insight into the experience of others. This is what good writers and activists do.
For example, Trifle Defender's excellent substack newsletter yesterday highlighted Olia Hercules, Ukrainian cookery writer living in the UK who has been using her Instagram account brilliantly and seriously over the last few months to build up awareness of what is happening. No slogans, no hot takes, just heart and soul. I hope it's OK to mention her by name, she has quite a big IG account/public profile but no blue tick on Twitter?

• Heart
Reactions: 73
She tried to sign up to the RAF but failed the physical entrance test.

Eta, the fitness test part of it. She just couldn't run fast enough or something. She should've mentioned being able to bench press the Queen
Could you imagine Jack in the RAF? I mean they could probably utilise her whining as soon sort of warning siren but other than giving it "wah wah I've got an ouchy, there's a bee in my hair and a stone in my shoe, I need a poo, are we there yet" I just can't imagine her doing anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Also wtf is white winger and can she please stop using it?! It's not the forensically granular (did I use them right Sidey?!) expression she thinks it is.
Is white wingers some comment on “rich” people who can afford sanitary towels and have no experience of having to fashion them out of tumble dryer dust, drain hair clogs and whatever the duck else? Aka people who just DON’T UNDERSTAND what it’s like

For duck’s sake rain gods, send a downpour to the environs of the crappy bungalow so she can concentrate all her energies on scavenging designer goods from puddles instead of pontificating, the asinine unbearable slopforbrains

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Squiggle is Jack's publisher 🤔

View attachment 1086767
Jack's publisher:

I commission non-fiction books aiming to help the world become more compassionate, informed, tolerant and delicious. Authors on the list include Jack Monroe, Russell Brand, Joe Wicks, Shahroo Izadi, Laura Thomas and many more
Edited to add world's biggest eyeroll

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Could you imagine Jack in the RAF? I mean they could probably utilise her whining as soon sort of warning siren but other than giving it "wah wah I've got an ouchy, there's a bee in my hair and a stone in my shoe, I need a poo, are we there yet" I just can't imagine her doing anything.
Jack could sit next to the rear gunner pointing out all the enemy's tanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.