Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never mind Mother Russia, old Mother Southend is alive, albeit never well, and is about to launch an all-terrain attack. Her machine gun-like blasts of verbal diarrhoea will keep Putin away.
It's not just her verbal diarrhoea that will keep Putin away.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Ah maybe time for her to dig out the military style dog tags she took to wearing not long ago. In the aparthotel.
I think she said she always wore them 🙄
Despite "not coping with things around her neck"

Shes an utter wazzock!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
The problem is her map of Europe is an 1800s facsimile printed onto wrapping paper with some dodgy greeny-brown stains obscuring key cities.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Can't believe I missed the chaos.

And people quote tweet you because you're replies are locked. Numpty.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Idk if I even want to open up this can of worms on the thread but don’t officers have a very different experience of the military than the soldiers (if that’s the right term for them)? Like the grammar school to uni to Sandhurst pipeline is gonna give you a very different experience and perspective to the predatory recruitment practices that happen in comprehensive schools and shopping centres in deprived areas…..
Grunking so don’t know if said but that’s the very reason she deleted the original tweet saying officer.

Also right now in the crappy bungalow the slow cookers have been fired up and the antique spoons are standing by to be melted to then be put in bullet shapes ice cube tray’s (she was given by a very kind friend) to send to the British Army at 1 Army Street and she’s gathering all her smart price sugar and butter and sending off to her madje (gawd bless her) #wareffortjackhack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
The mocked up book cover is giving me Sainsburys vibes. Specifically their old own label branding as found in this brilliantly weird book. If only that was the injoke instead of the Mrs Beaton cosplay
I love this, there is a strange comfort in the old Sainsbury's Helvetica font of my young childhood.
A quick Google shows there's a lot of media dedicated to sainsbos packaging and fonts, a rabbit hole I might disappear down another day
https://fontsinuse.com/uses/3636/sainsburys-packages-1962-1977
Annoyingly my phone won't save pics in the format required by tattle so you'll just have to believe me that the ancient lemon pie packaging is exquisite!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
As things are all a bit heavy at the moment, if you want a bit of a distraction, I can thoroughly recommend watching Dylan Hollis either on Tik Tok.....some are more successful than others and those that aren't successful are hilarious!

or YouTube
he takes questionable recipes from bygone times and and recreates them in his kitchen in The Bahamas
some cracking fails from the 50's using jello and tinned food!
This is a particular favourite of mine....even had my 60 yr old husband in stitches

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
View attachment 1086435
Tweeted and deleted within 45 seconds. twit.

View attachment 1086436

Aaaaand, third time lucky to the same squig -

View attachment 1086437
Oh duck off love, I for one am terrified of war, I don't want my children to grow up in a warzone, if that's what you want then off you pop and stand up to the big man yerself. Go kick his shins. Hold on, of course you won't because your a mouth piece and a pussy.

Don't talk as if war is the answer is it not, it will lead to unnecessary suffering and hardship. Jist go away and play with your slop.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
As things are all a bit heavy at the moment, if you want a bit of a distraction, I can thoroughly recommend watching Dylan Hollis either on Tik Tok.....some are more successful than others and those that aren't successful are hilarious!

or YouTube
he takes questionable recipes from bygone times and and recreates them in his kitchen in The Bahamas
some cracking fails from the 50's using jello and tinned food!
This is a particular favourite of mine....even had my 60 yr old husband in stitches
I like this guy. He has a tomato soup cake video, one for @MancBee to try…

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It's revealing, as ever, that her can't-be-questioned, much-more-than-you can-even-understand knowledge is based entirely on her having a brother in the armed forces (?) and that she wants the UK to offer military support to Ukraine - ergo, she wants us to enter into a war, which is clearly what is at stake. And she's happy to get angry about it all on Twitter (whoop!). The one thing that she absolutely will not be doing, of course, is actually fighting alongside her brother in a war that she seems so arrogantly, and casually, to be demanding.

Careful what you wish for, Monroe, not everything is as simple as 'duck the Tories, I'll just oppose every policy decision they make as my default position and then claim it as my own measured and authentic opinion from there'.

Perhaps Boris is fully aware of what is at stake and isn't so blase about condemning a whole generation into an era defining conflict.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh duck off love, I for one am terrified of war, I don't want my children to grow up in a warzone, if that's what you want then off you pop and stand up to the big man yerself. Go kick his shins. Hold on, of course you won't because your a mouth piece and a pussy.

Don't talk as if war is the answer is it not, it will lead to unnecessary suffering and hardship. Jist go away and play with your slop.
How long before we get Jack dropping heavy hints about joining the army before softly, gently, gingerly being told that they'd love to have her but can't because of one of her many, many SEVERE disabilities? And of course anyone who challenges that narrative is an ableist. This is ableist in the more rarely used sense of being a person who knows a fantasist when they see one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Ah maybe time for her to dig out the military style dog tags she took to wearing not long ago. In the aparthotel.
I think she said she always wore them 🙄
Always wore them, even though she is funny about things around her neck. 🤷‍♂️

ETA, other got there first, I should have known nothing gets past the ninnies.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Perhaps the meeting with her publisher yesterday didn't go as Jack wanted. We didn't get an update after her meeting, did we? If all was hunky dory, Jack would have been tweeting about the train journey home, the take way she got on the walk from the station, tweeting every little forensic detail, with pictures and selfies to illustrate her boring existence. After all, we got a picture of her in the toilet at her publishers office, so nowhere is private for Jack.
I for one am glad it didn't go well and sincerely hope she got a right bollocking. This book is already overdue( ok she was ill) and the fact she was chuckling about forgetting it publicly, when it was the whole point of the meeting is disgusting. I am sure her agent is very patient but patience as a cut off point and if she's not careful she will be reaching it soon.

Also a friend told me of someone they follow on sm, who not only has a surrogate, but their IVF eggs in Kyiv. To think she wants a warzone in a place where people have left and entrusted their babies until they are able to bring them home literally brings me to tears. She literally knows duck all and should be thoroughly ashamed of herself for even thinking ground troops from the UK and other places are the answer.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Given Jack’s love of tit puns, I’m a tad surprised we haven’t yet had ‘Poo Tin’ in some form or another-tin cans are often the way in which she inserts herself. Can you imagine her output if we are ever actually in a war? We’ll have war poems (god help us), even worse depressipies, wallpaper maps & Jack’s singing to cheer the troops (the nasal wobble being, in her head, reminiscent of scratchy 1940s ballads). Just another reason to hope this is all over soon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
It's revealing, as ever, that her can't-be-questioned, much-more-than-you can-even-understand knowledge is based entirely on her having a brother in the armed forces (?) and that she wants the UK to offer military support to Ukraine - ergo, she wants us to enter into a war, which is clearly what is at stake. And she's happy to get angry about it all on Twitter (whoop!). The one thing that she absolutely will not be doing, of course, is actually fighting alongside her brother in a war that she seems so arrogantly, and casually, to be demanding.

Careful what you wish for, Monroe, not everything is as simple as 'duck the Tories, I'll just oppose every policy decision they make as my default position and then claim it as my own measured and authentic opinion from there'.

Perhaps Boris is fully aware of what is at stake and isn't so blase about condemning a whole generation into an era defining conflict.
She has a son who's almost 12. That's four years off being able to join up. Is that really what she'd like?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
She has a son who's almost 12. That's four years off being able to join up. Is that really what she'd like?
The fact the apparently the Ukraine men aged 16 to 60 are not allowed to leave the Ukraine makes me feel ill, I have many men/ young boys in my life within that age bracket in my family and friends circles and the thought of conscription makes me ill.
I am actually appalled she so Blaise about her brother going, ok he's on the military but if it was me I would literally be sick at the thought of then going.

In a stark reality a girl a grew up with died in Iraq at the age of 26. All she was doing was actually helping the army get medical supplies to the Iraqis and she got shot. Her mum and dad are still shells of their former selves and her siblings are traumatised. That is the reality of war petal.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
The fact the apparently the Ukraine men aged 16 to 60 are not allowed to leave the Ukraine makes me feel ill, I have many men/ young boys in my life within that age bracket in my family and friends circles and the thought of conscription makes me ill.
I am actually appalled she so Blaise about her brother going, ok he's on the military but if it was me I would literally be sick at the thought of then going.

In a stark reality a girl a grew up with died in Iraq at the age of 26. All she was doing was actually helping the army get medical supplies to the Iraqis and she got shot. Her mum and dad are still shells of their former selves and her siblings are traumatised. That is the reality of war petal.
Exactly, it doesn't matter what the military will be doing in Ukraine. They will be targets. That sort of action shouldn't be taken lightly. Especially not when there are lots of other sanctions to explore. Obviously there are potential repercussions from those that might impact Ms Monroe so maybe that's why she'd rather send other people in.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Exactly, it doesn't matter what the military will be doing in Ukraine. They will be targets. That sort of action shouldn't be taken lightly. Especially not when there are lots of other sanctions to explore. Obviously there are potential repercussions from those that might impact Ms Monroe so maybe that's why she'd rather send other people in.
I wonder if she is wanting war to make her cooking more popular as if rations come back will all be living off Jam and vinegar pie and carnation milk sugar and sardine sandwiches.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.