Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she drank too much because she worked in professional kitchens? When was that? I thought she wasn’t trained & had never worked in a kitchen?
I think Jack needs to @GrunkaLunka /Jimmy Nail her way through all the threads as she can’t keep up with her own fallacious life story, and we’ve done the work for her....

EDIT: @Betty Neumar has nailed it above x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I keep thinking about this... View attachment 153739
and something about it makes me feel uncomfortable in a power/control kind of way 😕 Wanting someone to be dependant on you for food 🤔 I don't know, I'm thinking aloud here but something about it seems wrong.
I can quite imagine this harks back to being with Allegra. Jack sees cooking as her THING, possessively so. It's her talent (as she sees it). So to be with someone who is a better cook and far more knowledgeable in that world I can imagine would have sparked seething jealousy and bitterness. The comment about being competitive gives that away I think. Why would it be competitive if both you and your partner can cook, unless in a jovial way? Surely it's fab if the two of you love food and both can cook for the family?
Says a lot for the way she thinks, if she'd rather her partner was rubbish at something just so she could feel the best, and therefore more dominant.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I used to get vegan burger cheese slices from Holland and Barrett - cannot for the life of me remember which brand but it was so good and tasted just like the (artificial) real thing

Used to melt them onto Quorn vegan hot and spicy burgers - that was my FANCY meal as a poor vegan student :ROFLMAO:
maybe i’ll give them another whirl. I’m honestly salivating. The Quorn vegan stuff is ok but it’s so expensive, boo. ☹

Reactions: 4
I’m vegetarian, I tried the Quorn vegan ? (can’t remember the product). I didn’t think it had any taste.

Reactions: 1
It’s odd but I can see that in the echo chamber that is Jack’s head almost anything (gender identity/ASD/veganism/backstory) can be spun to create an output that is correct at one given moment. It’s like an (ok, I’m probs going to lose everyone except @heretoreaditall2019 here) overly complex and totally inefficient ETL process. But defending this odd code which obviously only Jack understands, takes so much energy and means she’s having to maintain some old references, forgets about others, hard codes bits here and there... basically it’s all exhausting to maintain. Extending the tortuous metaphor, most people would get to the point where you’d have to bin it and start from scratch. Like, create something simple, transparent and with no need for all that wasted energy and defensiveness.
The problem is that I think she feels this is the construct that her career is based on. I just don’t see how it’s sustainable- imagine another 10 years of this?

Anyway, in true Jack fashion, I created the above bit of unnecessary ear piss just so I could go off topic and say thanks to @Pocahontas for influencing me to watch Midsommar last night. I loved it SO much and am totes going out later dressed like a moomin May queen ❤
I love what you say in the first paragraph. I agree. I think it must be a constant push and pull internally of what she needs to remember and the image she is desperate to perpetuate, which let’s face it, is an ever-changing beast - against what must be parts of her she cannot suppress?

I love that you were influenced! Isn’t it so beautiful to look at and also dreadful and creepy and funny? Haha moomin May Queen - spot on! I was telling @PennyLoafer who also appreciated this film that the same director did Hereditary - which is again creepy, but different. And I’d watch Toni Collette in most anything! ❤
Edited to add: I recall that it was Penny who first mentioned Midsommar, and I eagerly agreed😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I find quorn products a tad tasteless. I think the problem with quorn is that some supermarkets quorn ranges are exclusive to them.

But my mum bought me some quorn vegan slices and they were decent. I also like the v bites.

Beyond sausages are lovely but they are a fiver for two. I actually like the Linda McCartney vegan sausages.

I remember Jack brought out a recipe for the best vegan sausages ever. Around six months or so ago. I had a look but the recipe just seemed very over complicated and quite frankly a load of faffing about. They had tofu in them as well. They looked ok but I’d rather just buy them than faff around with tofu to make vegan sausages

The Amy’s kitchen meals are ok, I get them very occasionally. Tesco also do a vegan range exclusive to them and some of the products are very nice

Reactions: 7
maybe i’ll give them another whirl. I’m honestly salivating. The Quorn vegan stuff is ok but it’s so expensive, boo. ☹
Have you tried Applewood’s vegan cheese? It’s my fave and it actually melts. It is smoked though so not to everyone’s taste. Quorn are light years behind all the other vegan brands now, I even buy supermarket own over theirs (apart from their smokey ham and chicken slices, which go great with Hellmann’s on some tiger bread 🤣)

Agree with all the 90% vegan comments. I hate those “I feed my family a full roast for 2p a head” articles at the best of times but she really should know better than to promote that meat.

How do people know what she gets on Patreon? I think PayPal donations and all that sort of online pan handling should be visible like a justgiving page. There’s a labour activist on twitter and they have their begging bowl out a lot and I’ve always wondered how much they get. Apparently as it’s gifted you don’t have to declare it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
It's the third anniversary of the Grenfell fire today. Do we think she's going to go off on one about her superhero fire-fighting days and how she was the most knowledgeable and empathetic of all the post-Grenfell volunteers? Or will she manage to show a little restraint? Brace positions, Tattlers!
I think Jack is the fire service equivalent of a military Walt.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone else getting Anne Hathaway after she's had her hair shaved off in Les Mis vibes?

If discounting the chameleon-like credentials of Michael Sheen, I think Anne could be just right for the lead role if we are storyboarding the biopic.

The 'Young, doe-eyed innocence' years.

The 'If I were a boy' years.

The 'Taking baths with fancy but rather passive-aggressive lemons' years.

The 'Playful and sultry Nigella imitating' years.

The 'Lying in bed at 2 a.m reading Tattle avec a bowl of Ramen noodles with mackerel and eggs whilst trying really hard to be respectful to Mrs J.' years.

The 'Getting my camera angles just right for my appearance on This Morning whilst fine-tuning my scripted banter and sweet family anecdote' years.

1592141072735.png

The 'I'm being hounded by the most vile cabal of sad and twisted Hausfrauen who refuse to take their feet off my neck for messing up a Bechamel' years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Anyway, in true Jack fashion, I created the above bit of unnecessary ear piss just so I could go off topic and say thanks to @Pocahontas for influencing me to watch Midsommar last night. I loved it SO much and am totes going out later dressed like a moomin May queen ❤
THAT FILM. bleeping hell. Actually, THAT DIRECTOR - both ‘Midsommar’ and ‘Hereditary’ left my jaw on the floor, my brain on rinse, and my eyes a bit wet at their portrayal of female grief.

Anyway, as you were.

Thread # whatever - rissoles they ain’t, went out for paint, smoothing tool shows no restraint.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I find quorn products a tad tasteless. I think the problem with quorn is that some supermarkets quorn ranges are exclusive to them.

But my mum bought me some quorn vegan slices and they were decent. I also like the v bites.

Beyond sausages are lovely but they are a fiver for two. I actually like the Linda McCartney vegan sausages.

I remember Jack brought out a recipe for the best vegan sausages ever. Around six months or so ago. I had a look but the recipe just seemed very over complicated and quite frankly a load of faffing about. They had tofu in them as well. They looked ok but I’d rather just buy them than faff around with tofu to make vegan sausages

The Amy’s kitchen meals are ok, I get them very occasionally. Tesco also do a vegan range exclusive to them and some of the products are very nice
As a rabid meat eater (I like my steak practically mooing) I actually really rate quorn mince - as a poor student in a shared house with some housemates who thought along the lines of what's yours is mine and whats mine is mine, I pretty much lived off it - cooks from frozen and everyone was a bit suspicious of it 🤣 find most quorn pretty rank though

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
If discounting the chameleon-like credentials of Michael Sheen, I think Anne could be just right for the lead role if we are storyboarding the biopic.

The 'Young, doe-eyed innocence' years.

The 'If I were a boy' years.

The 'Taking baths with fancy but rather passive-aggressive lemons' years.

The 'Playful and sultry Nigella imitating' years.

The 'Lying in bed at 2 a.m reading Tattle avec a bowl of Ramen noodles with mackerel and eggs whilst trying really hard to be respectful to Mrs J.' years.

The 'Getting my camera angles just right for my appearance on This Morning whilst fine-tuning my scripted banter and sweet family anecdote' years.

View attachment 153824

The 'I'm being hounded by the most vile cabal of sad and twisted Hausfrauen who refuse to take their feet off my neck for messing up a Bechamel' years.

She wishes she looked like anne hathaway

• Haha
Reactions: 11
THAT FILM. bleeping hell. Actually, THAT DIRECTOR - both ‘Midsommar’ and ‘Hereditary’ left my jaw on the floor, my brain on rinse, and my eyes a bit wet at their portrayal of female grief.

Anyway, as you were.

Thread # whatever - rissoles they ain’t, went out for paint, smoothing tool shows no restraint.
I just didnt quite get Hereditary. I'm a big fan of The Conjuring and Insiduous films so maybe I was expecting the same from this. Eager to watch Midsommar with different expectations and see how I find it.

Reactions: 3
I just didnt quite get Hereditary. I'm a big fan of The Conjuring and Insiduous films so maybe I was expecting the same from this. Eager to watch Midsommar with different expectations and see how I find it.
A lot of my friends were divided over ‘Hereditary’. To me, it’s a very seventies-style horror - slow and insidious and quite humanly horrific. Definite ‘Rosemary’s Baby’ vibes. I loved it, but I can why it might leave others disappointed.

‘Midsommar’ is beyond fucked up and is like a feverish, beautiful nightmare. Left me exclaiming ‘what the duck!’ quite loudly.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m vegetarian, I tried the Quorn vegan ? (can’t remember the product). I didn’t think it had any taste.
Generally it’s more dry, if that makes sense? The bridge between veggie and vegan must be moisture! Tesco vegan nuggets are nice for the first bite but then tasteless. Humph!

Iceland used to do some lovely bits but for some reason they squished their selection down to half a semi defrosted freezer. Linda McCartney are the nicest imo, but they’re ££.

Yes I remember looking at Jack’s recipe back when she annoyed me personally but I thought she was a chef, decided I couldn’t be arsed.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.